OOTS...2013

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: OOTS...2013

Post by Hockey Widow »

There is only one reason we have yet to win a cup. Motorcycle.

There I said it.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote:There is only one reason we have yet to win a cup. Motorcycle.

There I said it.
Or no Kopitar :evil:
If you need air...call it in
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

I blame Gilbert Perrault. What could have been....
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Actually its all malhotra's fault...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

NJD eliminated today after losing to Rangers.

Calgary leading 2-1 over Minny end of 2nd.

Magic number for Canucks to take Division is three heading into toady. A Calgary win in regulation would reduce that to 1.

I am really hoping that Calgary can hold on and win in regulation. The sooner the Division is locked up the better. It would be nice to have our last 3 games be almost meaningless. Get players like Kassian more ice time. Play around with line combos.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Hockey Widow wrote: Play around with line combos.
:lol:
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Hockey Widow wrote:Magic number for Canucks to take Division is three heading into toady. A Calgary win in regulation would reduce that to 1.
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

:(

I miss the good ole days.
2011..... the one that got away.
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

Hockey Widow wrote: It would be nice to have our last 3 games be almost meaningless.
The Wild lose (and if they don't watch it, they could miss the playoffs.) The division is all but assured.... however Anaheim is only three points up, and losing tonight. 2nd is not out of the question, and would likely get us a better 1st round matchup, rather than one of St Louis/San Jose/LA which is how 4th through 6th seem to be blending up. I mean, hey, gotta beat them all, but a slumping Wild team would be a pleasant sight in the first round.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Hockey Widow wrote:There is only one reason we have yet to win a cup. Motorcycle.

There I said it.

LB ?
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

LA wins. Puts SJ and STL as most likely opponents. Both will be tossups, but I'd rather play SJ, not as bruising, and their road record not as good. Either way, will be drawn out series I expect.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Both St. Louis and SJS will be tough opponents. But then I doubt there would be an easy opponent once the playoffs start. Unless we have a decent defence it won't matter. But with Higgins expected back and both Bieksa and Tanev expected back I think we stand a good chance round one. Injuries will tell the tale for us again this year I think. We don't have the depth we've had in previous years.

These last 3 games will hopefully allow us to get ready, and work on the PP!!!!!
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Anything can happen this week, but I'm really hoping Vancouver draws SJ for the 1st round. That said, I have a feeling we'll be seeing StL against the guys. Even should they win, there are going to be some banged-up bodies coming out of that series.

Yeah, HW, there are no 'easy' opponents but I would rather not see the Canucks' physical resiliency tested this early. SJ has jettisoned a lot of the players who did a number on the Canucks last time they met (Murray, McGinn, Clowe). So yeah, they still have the skill and are arguably faster than they were but I'd still rather see them than Backes, Stewart and Co. ramming the Canucks' D into the end-boards on a regular basis. I'd still give them goods odds against the Blows, but after that it starts getting cringe-worthy.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

I want us to play the Hawks ASAP as I think we will 'expose' them.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hockey Widow wrote:
I am really hoping that Calgary can hold on and win in regulation. The sooner the Division is locked up the better. It would be nice to have our last 3 games be almost meaningless. Get players like Kassian more ice time. Play around with line combos.
HW I am surprised at you, Av giving anyone more ice time when they have not "earned" it. That is heresy and will not be tolerated in a Christian society. In all seriousness AV has never shown to do this, even last season when we had the division wrapped up by Christmas he did nothing differently which is why he needs to go. We all watched the D play fire brigade so many night yet not once did someone like Edler miss a shift. Why would this season be any different?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

8 mins left and Winnipeg is down 4 - 3 on the Capitals.

Do or die time for them.