OOTS...2013

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Re: OOTS...2013

Post by Lancer »

Reefer2 wrote:8 mins left and Winnipeg is down 4 - 3 on the Capitals.

Do or die time for them.
Not quite dead yet, but after tonight it's time for the shock pads and some fervent prayers.

This may be their best shot in a while, because with realignment they're going to be getting a steady diet of Chicago, Detroit and St. Louis instead of Carolina, Tampa and Florida.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

Lancer wrote: This may be (Wpg's) best shot in a while, because with realignment they're going to be getting a steady diet of Chicago, Detroit and St. Louis instead of Carolina, Tampa and Florida.
I don't know if Detroit is looking all that intimidating for the next few years. They are outside a playoff spot right now. Their best player is 34. They had one hell of a dominating 20 year run (helped pre-cap by a free-spending owner), but someday the balloon has to come back down to earth for a while, and I think the time might be now.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

darren wrote:I don't know if Detroit is looking all that intimidating for the next few years. They are outside a playoff spot right now. Their best player is 34. They had one hell of a dominating 20 year run (helped pre-cap by a free-spending owner), but someday the balloon has to come back down to earth for a while, and I think the time might be now.
Man It seemed to take forever for that Avalanche balloon to come down back in the day. I remember the Canucks slowly... very, very slowly starting to close the gap between themselves and Colorado over the years. I remember the mid point where we could actually skate with them and catch them sleeping once in a while..... only to have Sakic or Hedjduk score seeminly at will with 5 minutes left. Finally the tables are turned. :twisted:

I see that happening to Detroit right now. Although I think they are managed too well for them to fall as from from grace as the Avalanche have. Their turn around back to becoming a top competitor again is going to be a whole lot quicker than the Avalanche I believe.
2011..... the one that got away.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The 8 seeds in the East are now set, just match ups left to determine. AS of tonight Toronto would face Montreal round 1.

The NYI, NYR and Ottawa all lock up a playoff spot, Winnipeg done.

In the WESt we have three teams fighting for two spots. Each has 3 games left.
The only HW the Canucks need
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

Hockey Widow wrote:The 8 seeds in the East are now set, just match ups left to determine. AS of tonight Toronto would face Montreal round 1.

The NYI, NYR and Ottawa all lock up a playoff spot, Winnipeg done.

In the WESt we have three teams fighting for two spots. Each has 3 games left.
The Jets, with their injuries, aren't quite good enough. Maybe next year.

Detroit does not want to go gently into that good night, it seems.

St Louis just got a whole lot less likely (good!)... they win and vault into 4th with 58 points. LA and SJ with 57. All have one game left (LA and SJ with each other). LA has the tiebreaker over St Louis. The only way we play St Louis is if LA beats SJ in overtime/shootout, and St Louis loses their last game to Chicago in regulation. Otherwise we likely play the loser of LA/SJ (Minny is still a remote possibility if they win out and SJ loses in regulation). I'd rather play the team that was selling pieces at the deadline (SJ).

edit: and Columbus wins. Nice, as I'd to see them get in. Minnesota now has a non-trivial chance of missing the playoffs. I would sooooooo much rather see Chicago face the red hot Blue Jackets rather than the dead-on-arrival Wild.