OOTS...2013

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: OOTS...2013

Post by wafflecombine »

I don't mean to be ungrateful but what the hell happenned to our opera singing opening act. I miss the big man getting the crowd involved.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

wafflecombine wrote:I don't mean to be ungrateful but what the hell happenned to our opera singing opening act. I miss the big man getting the crowd involved.
I think he's reserved for the playoffs!

haha those cocky maple laughs changed their tune with 7 gaa vs the Islanders.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

wafflecombine wrote:I don't mean to be ungrateful but what the hell happenned to our opera singing opening act. I miss the big man getting the crowd involved.
Game 2? 3 different singers in 3 different games.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

It's hard not to cheer for the Coiler Colostomy Kids when they try as hard as they do. Quite the entertaining game
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

^Yeah a great comeback by the Oilers, hard to cheer for any of those two teams, but I'm impressed by the Oilers resilience in tonights game.

Yak looks like the 2nd coming of Bure. :?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Uncle dans leg wrote:It's hard not to cheer for the Coiler Colostomy Kids when they try as hard as they do. Quite the entertaining game

Yes, it was entertaining watching Edmonton and their fans playing make believe Stanley Cup winners.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote:
That's the impression that I got as well. Like equal parts Ovechkin and Bure combined. He might end up being the best of the Fab Four young forwards there. This team could be quite scarey the more cockier they get. If Tambo can tinker and tweak in the right area's, lookout, The Oil is back!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah if Tambo can only add a top 6 big centreman, a couple of hard nosed top 9 forwards, three more competent NHL defencemen and a goalie the Oilers will be a good team. Just a little tinkering is needed.

AS for the anthem singer I'm glad not to see Marc Donnelly every night. I used to like the fans getting involved when he did it the first 100 times. It's a little old now. Maybe he should only get paid half his salary for singing half the song. There is a cop who used to sing God less America at Yankee games a few years ago , man did that guy have a set of pipes. WTF is with Donnelly's ending notes of the Canadian anthem ? What is that supposed to be ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Ya his finale is pretty weak these days. I guess you need that big shit locker as a bass chamber to belt out the notes.
Whats strange is that since cheeseburger Nonis left town he's been shriveling away...weird
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A conference in Vancouver a couple of years ago a company booked the garage for an industry game of shinny. They hired Donnally to sing the anthem and had a post game social with plenty of scantily clad hostesses.

Donnally asked if he could lace 'em up and join the game of shinny and did all right. Afterwards he asked if he could come out for the regular once a week morning shinny at 8 rinks and showed up for several.

Good guy, too bad the babes didn't also join the fun.

As far as anthem singers go, Chicago rules. He slows Oh Canada to a dirge and then booms out a rockets red glare. The theatrics are incredible.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yeah if Tambo can only add a top 6 big centreman, a couple of hard nosed top 9 forwards, three more competent NHL defencemen and a goalie the Oilers will be a good team. Just a little tinkering is needed.

"Tambo" was seen using Capgeek.com on his computer during one of those Oil Changes episodes.

His record when he took over and was not trying to quit speaks for itself.

He's currently burning up every entry level deal he's got and set the 2nd contract team bar pretty high with the Hall and Eberle deals.

There is no evidence anywhere showing he and Lowe are capable of making good tweeks, little or big.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Ya his finale is pretty weak these days. I guess you need that big shit locker as a bass chamber to belt out the notes.
Whats strange is that since cheeseburger Nonis left town he's been shriveling away...weird
Gastric bypass surgery.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:^Yeah a great comeback by the Oilers, hard to cheer for any of those two teams, but I'm impressed by the Oilers resilience in tonights game.

You mean Fleury.....right?

Or are you not talking about his goal celebration..... :look:

:P
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yeah if Tambo can only add a top 6 big centreman, a couple of hard nosed top 9 forwards, three more competent NHL defencemen and a goalie the Oilers will be a good team. Just a little tinkering is needed.

AS for the anthem singer I'm glad not to see Marc Donnelly every night. I used to like the fans getting involved when he did it the first 100 times. It's a little old now. Maybe he should only get paid half his salary for singing half the song. There is a cop who used to sing God less America at Yankee games a few years ago , man did that guy have a set of pipes. WTF is with Donnelly's ending notes of the Canadian anthem ? What is that supposed to be ?
Blob they are going to have too pay all those kids I've said this before I will say it again the Oilers will be Forever in Youth Mode... They were the young Oilers with Gretzky and Co... They were the young Oilers when they moved out Gretzky and got back Carson and Gelinas and had guys like Graves They were the Young Oilers when Messier left and guys like Corson Damphousse showed up they were fazed out by Weight and Marchant they were the Young Oilers when Ron Lowe was coaching upsetting the likes of Dallas... They were the Young Oilers that went to the Final with the likes Shawn Horcoft and Ryan Smyth with Peca, Eric Brewer...

They should really change the Name Edmonton Oilers to the Young Oilers... Looks amazing right now, they really do, Hope springs eternal, Youth is served, fun to watch etc... I grew up watching Gretzky,Kurri,Coffey,Messier,Anderson,Fuhr,Moog... But as time moves on good luck trying to sign everybody... Every big time guy from that era LEFT... Every big time Oiler since has LEFT although Smyth came back Like the Man the Myth The Legend Trev... 600 large on the Arena deal helps but in a salary cap world, as much fun as it is to watch this group & I gotta tell ya last night was cool to see , how they deal with these kids off the ice is going to be fun... All these kids are up within a yr of each other, we'll finally see if things are going to be different for the Young Oilers in the future...
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Padraig my man how are ya buds ? Still back east ?? After today the Blobcat is off the sauce for a two month breather. Fucking a hole boss put me on evening shift for the next few months. What goes around comes around. :twisted:

You need to calm your buddy Pacific Blue down. He is so tightly wound these days. Angry at the world is the dude.

Agree on the Oilers , but they do have Eberle and Hall locked up for the long haul. The trick will be getting the Nuge, Schultz and Yakupov signed. Thing is just those five players will likely cost them 30 - 35 million. That's fine and all but where is the goalie, the horse down the middle (Toews, Kesler Thornton type) , the other high end D-men ? The side pieces can be added via FA or trades, but they are going to have to trade T HAll if they want an impact D man and/or a 2nd line centre to compliment the Nuge.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”