2013 Season Injury Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Lloyd Braun
CC Veteran

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Post by Lloyd Braun »

Thanks Vader & DBR. I just heard about that deal on Sportsnet and came back to the thread to admit my "oopsie". :oops:

That deal makes sense, and yes, Gomez does become a realistic option now. I think it's something to consider if Schroeder fails to impress. We clearly can't expect much production out of him, but he's a veteran option who probably won't hurt us. Good thought, Reef. :blush:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Anybody heard how Kesler is doing? Is he a month out? A week? I don't listen to 1040 and SNet hasn't said much...
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Anybody heard how Kesler is doing? Is he a month out? A week? I don't listen to 1040 and SNet hasn't said much...
He's been skating on his own, will skate with the team in 7-10 days... sooo back in the lineup by Valentine's Day?
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Mondi wrote:How good would SJ look if you deleted Pavelski and Couture from their lineup?

I hate to rely on injuries, but when you're missing 2 of your top 5 forwards...I think you are going no where.

#getwellsoonboothandkesler

Any further news on RK?
according to canucksdotcom FB...he is selling icecream & coffee at an undisclosed Timmys :crazy:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

rats19 wrote:
Mondi wrote:How good would SJ look if you deleted Pavelski and Couture from their lineup?

I hate to rely on injuries, but when you're missing 2 of your top 5 forwards...I think you are going no where.

Any further news on RK?
according to canucksdotcom FB...he is selling icecream & coffee at an undisclosed Timmys :crazy:
Spoons!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b66mdFhk ... e=youtu.be
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Arachnid wrote:
rats19 wrote:

Any further news on RK?
Spoons!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b66mdFhk ... e=youtu.be
this concerns me...about a minute or so in kes hands over a bag with contents with his left hand, it rises above his shoulder...next he hands a bag over with right hand....not so much..damn damn damnitallanyways...
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

rats19 wrote: this concerns me...about a minute or so in kes hands over a bag with contents with his left hand, it rises above his shoulder...next he hands a bag over with right hand....not so much..damn damn damnitallanyways...
No concern necessary.

Kesler had shoulder and wrist surgery on his left side.

:thumbs:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Aaronp18 wrote:
rats19 wrote: this concerns me...about a minute or so in kes hands over a bag with contents with his left hand, it rises above his shoulder...next he hands a bag over with right hand....not so much..damn damn damnitallanyways...
No concern necessary.

Kesler had shoulder and wrist surgery on his left side.

:thumbs:
50/50 chance i was right...lofl,, thnx aaron..always trying to have a laff i am..hey wait...but what if its a cause of transferred weight and atrophy from overuse of one side...nah..hes fine :mex:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

rats19 wrote: 50/50 chance i was right...lofl,, thnx aaron..always trying to have a laff i am..hey wait...but what if its a cause of transferred weight and atrophy from overuse of one side...nah..hes fine :mex:
No worries, wasn't sure myself till I checked it out. I just remembered him having the sling on his left side in that twitter pic in the summer.

He looks like he's coming along just fine, he didn't drop the baby or anything so that's a good sign.

:mrgreen:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Aaronp18 wrote:
rats19 wrote: 50/50 chance i was right...lofl,, thnx aaron..always trying to have a laff i am..hey wait...but what if its a cause of transferred weight and atrophy from overuse of one side...nah..hes fine :mex:
No worries, wasn't sure myself till I checked it out. I just remembered him having the sling on his left side in that twitter pic in the summer.

He looks like he's coming along just fine, he didn't drop the baby or anything so that's a good sign.

:mrgreen:
baby dropping would be a sure sign of not quite ready...lol
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

If he makes it back this season I hope he doesn't have delusions that the blue line wrister will work.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Benjo wrote:If he makes it back this season I hope he doesn't have delusions that the blue line wrister will work.
unless it does...:)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

wow!
Goalie Eddie Lack out six months after hip surgery.
Time to bring the other red head goalie back for a bit. Corey Hirsch.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Shawn Thornton out with concussion after last nights fight with John Scott.

Link: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414983

John Scott after the fight:
"I was asking our trainers how he's doing. You never want to hurt somebody, I was kind of concerned after the first period; we never saw him again," Scott told masslive.com after the game. "I still don't know how he's doing, hopefully he's doing well. You hate to see someone leave the game like that."
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

First Eager and now this?? What is it Christmas again?