2013 Season Injury Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Post by SKYO »

lol man Scott dropped Thornton easy, bodybagged.

Now there's a bonafied deterrent against the big bad bruins!

Don Cherry:
1. Boy did Lindy Ruff send a message to the Bruins with 10 seconds left in the game. Sabres had 7-4 lead and he put tough guy John Scott out.
2. Sabres are no more Mister Nice Guy. What message to send to the world.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

BladesofSteel wrote:John Scott after the fight:
"I was asking our trainers how he's doing. You never want to hurt somebody, I was kind of concerned after the first period; we never saw him again," Scott told masslive.com after the game. "I still don't know how he's doing, hopefully he's doing well. You hate to see someone leave the game like that."
:lol:

Classy of Scott to express concern, but I can't get past the cognitive dissonance inherent in the whole "it's my job to pound that guy's face and head with my fists, but gee whiz I don't want anyone to get hurt :( " bit.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

dbr wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote:John Scott after the fight:
"I was asking our trainers how he's doing. You never want to hurt somebody, I was kind of concerned after the first period; we never saw him again," Scott told masslive.com after the game. "I still don't know how he's doing, hopefully he's doing well. You hate to see someone leave the game like that."
:lol:

Classy of Scott to express concern, but I can't get past the cognitive dissonance inherent in the whole "it's my job to pound that guy's face and head with my fists, but gee whiz I don't want anyone to get hurt :( " bit.
Lucic was the one who ran Miller, Scott should go after him instead of fighting another goon...

BTW, does anyone have any updates on Booth and Kesler? It's been kind of quiet for the last little while.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

Jovocop wrote:
BTW, does anyone have any updates on Booth and Kesler? It's been kind of quiet for the last little while.
RD and Strangelove checked in on Booth and both agree Booth's groin felt great
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Vader wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Boom
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Jovocop wrote: BTW, does anyone have any updates on Booth and Kesler? It's been kind of quiet for the last little while.
@blakeprice1040: A couple one-timer slap shots from Kesler set up by Booth... Both seem to be making some big strides..

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they're both back in 2 weeks. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote:
Jovocop wrote: BTW, does anyone have any updates on Booth and Kesler? It's been kind of quiet for the last little while.
@blakeprice1040: A couple one-timer slap shots from Kesler set up by Booth... Both seem to be making some big strides..

BOOM
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vader wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
OUCH Image

Take it back!! RD and I never agree on anything....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: BOOM
Now cut that out! Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote:
rats19 wrote: BOOM
Now cut that out! Image
thats the sound I make in my head picturing a kesler onetimer...I am sure Tops has an explanation too.. :wink:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

... so it had nothing to do with Booth's groin and yours truly "going out on a limb"? :look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Strangelove wrote:

Thanks for the update! Just can't wait to see those two back in the lineup. :)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote:... so it had nothing to do with Booth's groin and yours truly "going out on a limb"? :look:
Well thats just not right..... :lol:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

A thought about the lineup when Kesler and Booth return.....

Firstly, we know that Malhotra is Vigneault's son, so he's a lock for the 4th line center position.....Lord help us. But the question is everywhere else. What I would love to see tried is this.....

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Hansen
Raymond-Schreoder-Booth
Higgins-Malhotra-Lapierre

Weise
Volpatti

You don't want to demote Kesler, and you certainly don't want to waste Hansen and Burrows defensive abilities either. All three of those guys can contribute offensively, kill penalties, and shutdown the opponent's top lines. They will generate loads of chances off of turnovers. Kesler is one of the top shutdown centers in the league, but he's also probably in the top 20 scoring centers as well. Burrows knows how to be a playmaker and distribute to linemates. Hansen is a pure north south skater who goes to all the dirty areas and has good wheels. I think that line would be the scariest shutdown line in the NHL when you consider that the slowest guy on the line is Burrows. No coach is ever going to want to see his top line out against them.

It has been well established that Booth is useless defensively. He's fairly 2-dimensional. Fast, drives the net, and shoots the puck. Schreoder is not a defensive center but certainly thinks the offensive zone well, Raymond can back check but he's not really strong in our end, and we all know he's damned fast. These guys are not going to make for a scary 2nd scoring line, but I think that they would make a really strong 3rd scoring line that would simply outskate opposing 2nd lines and 4th lines. They would get shutdown by energy lines, and out played by top units, but having them as an option to outskate the other team's 2nd scoring option and journeymen would really give opposing coaches fits.

We know Vigneault doesn't like the idea of not having that 3rd line shutdown option, but he's an ass-hat, and if you can use your second line as a matchup line to shutdown the other teams top scorers while also being a serious threat to add to your own tally.....well that is a thing of beauty.

Our 4th line is weak no matter which way you play it. Malhotra being AV's little buddy just wrecks things because Lap has out played him, Weise has put in more effort, and Volpatti is doing everything he can to throw hits and engage physically. Higgins is the odd man out in the top 9 right now, and does turn a 4th line that wins faceoffs (thanks Malhotra) into a line that can at least tie the puck up in the offensive zone and burn a few shifts that the bad guys would rather see in our end. If an opposing coach wants to throw 4th line out against 4th line, then Higgins-Malhotra-Lapierre will be out matched physically, but should be able to threaten on the scoreboard against a squad of goons who can't skate.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

rats19 wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:
rats19 wrote: 50/50 chance i was right...lofl,, thnx aaron..always trying to have a laff i am..hey wait...but what if its a cause of transferred weight and atrophy from overuse of one side...nah..hes fine :mex:
No worries, wasn't sure myself till I checked it out. I just remembered him having the sling on his left side in that twitter pic in the summer.

He looks like he's coming along just fine, he didn't drop the baby or anything so that's a good sign.

:mrgreen:
baby dropping would be a sure sign of not quite ready...lol
Depends wether the baby went into the net