Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8552
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by micky107 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:57 am

SKYO wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:22 am
looch just needs the right fit bruh..but anyways.

#Flyers announce they've hired both Michel Therrien and Mike Yeo as assistant coaches to Alain Vigneault.

That's three #NHL head coaches on the bench.
Don't know whether to call that covering all the bases or overkill.
Has that ever been done before?
"evolution"

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 914
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Richardstroker69 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:58 am

SKYO wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:22 am
looch just needs the right fit bruh..but anyways.

#Flyers announce they've hired both Michel Therrien and Mike Yeo as assistant coaches to Alain Vigneault.

That's three #NHL head coaches on the bench.
Too many cooks in the kitchen

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO » Mon May 06, 2019 11:34 am

Michel Therrien kinda scurry type.
Alain the El Capitan, Capo.
Yeo I remember him throwing a stick iirc in practice.

lol
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21067
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove » Mon May 06, 2019 11:35 am

Whoa Philly is blowing the wad on coaches!
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 14864
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Mon May 06, 2019 5:32 pm

What do you do if your in Holland’s shoes? The Oilers are a mess. First and foremost they need goaltending. Just awful in the nets. That has to be quick fix now, but how?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 7669
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by The Brown Wizard » Mon May 06, 2019 6:03 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:32 pm
What do you do if your in Holland’s shoes? The Oilers are a mess. First and foremost they need goaltending. Just awful in the nets. That has to be quick fix now, but how?
I would go all in on mcillheney. He is a solid 1b option about to hit the market

I trade poolparty for as good of a defenseman as possible...a young puck moving type of asset who can help take some zone entry responsibility off of mcD and feed him pucks.

I would look at a legit top pairing ufa winger for mcd. Someone who can compliment the best player in the game. Not an easy task...

Ditch Lucic any way you can. Clear that shit out asap
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21067
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove » Mon May 06, 2019 6:14 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:03 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:32 pm
What do you do if your in Holland’s shoes? The Oilers are a mess. First and foremost they need goaltending. Just awful in the nets. That has to be quick fix now, but how?
I would go all in on mcillheney. He is a solid 1b option about to hit the market
He'll be 36 in a coupla weeks, but I've gotta agree with you Dan.

$2M X 3 years probably gets it done.

(his highest AAV ever was $850K, longest term ever was 2 years)

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:03 pm
I trade poolparty for as good of a defenseman as possible...a young puck moving type of asset who can help take some zone entry responsibility off of mcD and feed him pucks.
No chance of that, Poo Party is worth a 3rd at best right now.

I'd keep him, play him with McDave, and pray.

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:03 pm
I would look at a legit top pairing ufa winger for mcd. Someone who can compliment the best player in the game. Not an easy task...
I agree, and it's a good year for that, but they need to clear up some cap room first.

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:03 pm
Ditch Lucic any way you can. Clear that shit out asap
Yup, ditch Looch, even though you'd have to give up a great asset or two to do so.

Same thing with Sekera.

You need to open that McDee Window as wide as possible right now.

And get a good goalie coach in for Koskinen, maybe he's salvageable.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 7669
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by The Brown Wizard » Mon May 06, 2019 6:40 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:14 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:03 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:32 pm
What do you do if your in Holland’s shoes? The Oilers are a mess. First and foremost they need goaltending. Just awful in the nets. That has to be quick fix now, but how?
I would go all in on mcillheney. He is a solid 1b option about to hit the market
He'll be 36 in a coupla weeks, but I've gotta agree with you Dan.

$2M X 3 years probably gets it done.

(his highest AAV ever was $850K, longest term ever was 2 years)

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:03 pm
I trade poolparty for as good of a defenseman as possible...a young puck moving type of asset who can help take some zone entry responsibility off of mcD and feed him pucks.
No chance of that, Poo Party is worth a 3rd at best right now.

I'd keep him, play him with McDave, and pray.

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:03 pm
I would look at a legit top pairing ufa winger for mcd. Someone who can compliment the best player in the game. Not an easy task...
I agree, and it's a good year for that, but they need to clear up some cap room first.

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:03 pm
Ditch Lucic any way you can. Clear that shit out asap
Yup, ditch Looch, even though you'd have to give up a great asset or two to do so.

Same thing with Sekera.

You need to open that McDee Window as wide as possible right now.

And get a good goalie coach in for Koskinen, maybe he's salvageable.
Ya Sekera is fuckered now. Probably shouldn't even have gotten his med clearance.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume JPs value is so low. Hes only 2 years post draft.
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 7669
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by The Brown Wizard » Mon May 06, 2019 6:46 pm

So the blew jacks are gone. They couldnt score and i suspect thats all for goalie blob and panarin. Is it just goalie blob who wants the florida beaches or bread man too?
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21067
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove » Mon May 06, 2019 7:06 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:46 pm
So the blew jacks are gone. They couldnt score and i suspect thats all for goalie blob and panarin. Is it just goalie blob who wants the florida beaches or bread man too?
Breadman actually said he wants a BIG city with "beaches" and a strong Russian community.

Panarin dropped his agent in favour of Goalie Blob's agent, so folks are thinking they'll go to the same team.

(Florida)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 7669
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by The Brown Wizard » Mon May 06, 2019 7:41 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:06 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:46 pm
So the blew jacks are gone. They couldnt score and i suspect thats all for goalie blob and panarin. Is it just goalie blob who wants the florida beaches or bread man too?
Breadman actually said he wants a BIG city with "beaches" and a strong Russian community.

Panarin dropped his agent in favour of Goalie Blob's agent, so folks are thinking they'll go to the same team.

(Florida)
Thats what i thought i had heard. Shitty...bready would've been a nice add for the nux
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21067
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove » Mon May 06, 2019 8:01 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:41 pm
Thats what i thought i had heard. Shitty...bready would've been a nice add for the nux
Agreed.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8552
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by micky107 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:52 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:06 pm

Breadman actually said he wants a BIG city with "beaches" and a strong Russian community.

Panarin dropped his agent in favour of Goalie Blob's agent, so folks are thinking they'll go to the same team.

(Florida)
Da Russian agents know Da same thing Da golfers do; Image
"evolution"

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 14864
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Tue May 07, 2019 6:25 am

The two CBJ Russkies will go all Florida Beach Country Club. Russians, money and party towns, not a healthy combo.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4415
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Per » Tue May 07, 2019 7:04 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:25 am
Russians, money and party towns, not a healthy combo.
Yet try telling Donald that..... ;)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

Post Reply