Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 7687
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by The Brown Wizard » Wed May 01, 2019 9:04 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:38 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:32 pm
Cherry Picker wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:08 pm
You guys know that Looch is like really, really bad now, don’t ya? And I mean bad in a bad way, not in a good way.
Lol ya he is....but so in Eriksson. At least Looch can punch the shit out of someone when cheapshots are going on. It does still have its place in the game
Lol, same guys who ran The Guds outta town...
4th line winger who plays 5 minutes max a night vs dman who consistently fumbles pucks resulting in goals against. Hmmmm...
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10716
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO » Wed May 01, 2019 9:28 pm

It's like what Botch said all year, we need an army on this team, I don't know about you but if we're going into an hockey war/brawl I'd rather Lucic than Loui.

And like what Pearson did, maybe Lucic rekindles his scoring touch again while playing with his home town team, Lucic on the Oilers never felt right lol whatever that means, but it never seemed like a good fit from the beginning.

& looch did score 20 with the Kings and 23 with the oilers first year there, then their team crumbled the past couple years.

And he wouldn't be here to play defense! he'd only be here to kick ass and score some goals and he'd probably be better than most of the fringe players on this squad.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8576
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by micky107 » Wed May 01, 2019 11:43 pm



Oops! Musta bin thinkin bout the crumblin sutter

still support the JB

nobodies perfect all the time. how can they be?
"evolution"

CrzyCanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:19 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by CrzyCanuck » Thu May 02, 2019 6:37 pm

SKYO wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:28 pm
It's like what Botch said all year, we need an army on this team, I don't know about you but if we're going into an hockey war/brawl I'd rather Lucic than Loui.

And like what Pearson did, maybe Lucic rekindles his scoring touch again while playing with his home town team, Lucic on the Oilers never felt right lol whatever that means, but it never seemed like a good fit from the beginning.

& looch did score 20 with the Kings and 23 with the oilers first year there, then their team crumbled the past couple years.

And he wouldn't be here to play defense! he'd only be here to kick ass and score some goals and he'd probably be better than most of the fringe players on this squad.
No thanks. He can't skate for his life. Let the Oilers suffer from their own stupid decision.

When your statements consist mainly of "maybe", "if", "did score in the past (a few years ago)", NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

If he ever comes to Canucks, I bet he'd be a 15 goal, 30 point type of player who can't play D and draws stupid penalties all the time.

We have enough fringe players on this team already.
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15206
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Thu May 02, 2019 7:57 pm

CrzyCanuck wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:37 pm
SKYO wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:28 pm
It's like what Botch said all year, we need an army on this team, I don't know about you but if we're going into an hockey war/brawl I'd rather Lucic than Loui.

And like what Pearson did, maybe Lucic rekindles his scoring touch again while playing with his home town team, Lucic on the Oilers never felt right lol whatever that means, but it never seemed like a good fit from the beginning.

& looch did score 20 with the Kings and 23 with the oilers first year there, then their team crumbled the past couple years.

And he wouldn't be here to play defense! he'd only be here to kick ass and score some goals and he'd probably be better than most of the fringe players on this squad.
No thanks. He can't skate for his life. Let the Oilers suffer from their own stupid decision.

When your statements consist mainly of "maybe", "if", "did score in the past (a few years ago)", NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

If he ever comes to Canucks, I bet he'd be a 15 goal, 30 point type of player who can't play D and draws stupid penalties all the time.

We have enough fringe players on this team already.
It would be a garbage in and garbage out deal. I’d assume since Vancouver’s piece of garbage has one less year than Edmonton’s piece of garbage that Vancouver should be compensated something decent to eat the extra year. Maybe Caleb Jones, Ethan Bear or a 2nd rounder. Or we can just wait it out for three more years with Loui. I’m not fussed either way. Vancouver needs to get tougher but there are other ways to go about it.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21079
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove » Thu May 02, 2019 7:59 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:57 pm
Vancouver needs to get tougher but there are other ways to go about it.
Yeah, we could trade for Erik Gudbranson...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15206
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Thu May 02, 2019 8:01 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:59 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:57 pm
Vancouver needs to get tougher but there are other ways to go about it.
Yeah, we could trade for Erik Gudbranson...
For Eriksson and Sutter. Sign me up.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21079
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove » Thu May 02, 2019 8:04 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:01 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:59 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:57 pm
Vancouver needs to get tougher but there are other ways to go about it.
Yeah, we could trade for Erik Gudbranson...
For Eriksson and Sutter. Sign me up.
Eriksson needs to go to a budget team.

(low real dollars to cap hit ratio)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 7687
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by The Brown Wizard » Thu May 02, 2019 8:23 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:04 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:01 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:59 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:57 pm
Vancouver needs to get tougher but there are other ways to go about it.
Yeah, we could trade for Erik Gudbranson...
For Eriksson and Sutter. Sign me up.
Eriksson needs to go to a budget team.

(low real dollars to cap hit ratio)
It would be a very good idea to unload loui this off-season. I doubt he has many fans in the stands or the front office.
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8576
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by micky107 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:20 pm

Find a legal loophole in order to allow for a professional NHL contract to be traded for a professional Swedish League contract.

Take advantage on some of that home-town hero mumbo-jumbo.

Oh ya; almost forgot. The player coming back can be any age... :mrgreen:
"evolution"

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10716
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO » Fri May 03, 2019 11:33 am

Milan Lucic's style of play is built for the playoffs though, he's a top 10 leader in the NHL in hits...

also he's scored 70pts in 114 playoff games that's .61ppg avg in the post season, that's including 6pts in 13 oiler playoff games.

Compare that to Eriksson's 14 points in 34 playoff games which is .41ppg avg.

If we are going into the playoffs I'd much rather roll with Looch than Loui.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 919
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Richardstroker69 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:43 am

SKYO wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:33 am
Milan Lucic's style of play is built for the playoffs though, he's a top 10 leader in the NHL in hits...

also he's scored 70pts in 114 playoff games that's .61ppg avg in the post season, that's including 6pts in 13 oiler playoff games.

Compare that to Eriksson's 14 points in 34 playoff games which is .41ppg avg.

If we are going into the playoffs I'd much rather roll with Looch than Loui.
Looch was a force for edmonton that first year in the playoffs.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10716
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO » Fri May 03, 2019 11:57 am

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:43 am
SKYO wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:33 am
Milan Lucic's style of play is built for the playoffs though, he's a top 10 leader in the NHL in hits...

also he's scored 70pts in 114 playoff games that's .61ppg avg in the post season, that's including 6pts in 13 oiler playoff games.

Compare that to Eriksson's 14 points in 34 playoff games which is .41ppg avg.

If we are going into the playoffs I'd much rather roll with Looch than Loui.
Looch was a force for edmonton that first year in the playoffs.
Big facts, so it's not all just Boston, Lucic lives for the playoffs.

A good read on looch with Edmonton in the postseason:

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hock ... cent-games
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 14884
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat May 04, 2019 9:14 am

SKYO. One more time - Lucic sucks. He doesn’t scare anyone anymore because that era of hockey is no longer. If he was faster yes but he is horribly slow and useless out there
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10716
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO » Mon May 06, 2019 10:22 am

looch just needs the right fit bruh..but anyways.

#Flyers announce they've hired both Michel Therrien and Mike Yeo as assistant coaches to Alain Vigneault.

That's three #NHL head coaches on the bench.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Post Reply