Page 54 of 522

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:47 am
by Eddy Punch Clock
Zedlee wrote:Raffi signs with the Sharks...$6 million over 3 yrs. Good for him. Wish we had kept him...we could have used his grit in the playoffs.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425924
I look forward to having him in our division for the next three years. :|

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:52 am
by Lancer
Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Zedlee wrote:Raffi signs with the Sharks...$6 million over 3 yrs. Good for him. Wish we had kept him...we could have used his grit in the playoffs.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425924
I look forward to having him in our division for the next three years. :|
Heads-up, boys!

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:49 pm
by Hockey Widow
Rumours of the Calgary Flames being washed up are true. Just so you know.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:57 am
by Aaronp18
No Luo for TO, like there was ever a question!

TOR: Bernier

LA: Scrivens, Frattin, 2nd rounder in 2014 or 2015

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:01 am
by RoyalDude
Aaronp18 wrote:No Luo for TO, like there was ever a question!

TOR: Bernier

LA: Scrivens, Frattin, 2nd rounder in 2014 or 2015
Pretty fair trade. I like Frattin. Didn't know much about him prior to this season, he impressed me. Definitely a Sutter type player, should fit right in with the Kings game.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:10 am
by Strangelove
Aaronp18 wrote: TOR: Bernier

LA: Scrivens, Frattin, 2nd rounder in 2014 or 2015
Here's hoping that draft pick is 31st overall. 8-)

Excellent, one more goalie off the list for prospective shoppers. :thumbs:

Oh who am I kidding, he's headed to Florida any time now....

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:32 am
by Rede
Toronto also took $500k in salary (and cap hit) in the deal.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:20 pm
by SKYO
Rede wrote:Toronto also took $500k in salary (and cap hit) in the deal.
That'll help pay one of Philip Anschutz gambling debts.

Reimer imo was doing ok, one of those pay your goalie cheap while spending all your money on fixing up the forwards/defense scenarios like what Chicago and Detroit were doing.

It's all just basically a kick in the nuts to Reimer and now Toronto will have a shitshow goalie controversy. :thumbs:

And I'm happy Lu doesn't have to go there!

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:54 pm
by Hockey Widow
And there is talk of trading Diana. Philly is high on him and the Leafs could get a very good return for him.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:59 pm
by tantalum
Problem with Reimer is on a nightly basis he is either good or bad and each happens about 50% of the time. He lets in 1 or 4/4+ and it make sit difficult on the team and coach. It was clear at the end of season address that Carlyle was not happy with the goaltending. Nonis pretended he was also fine but his actions at the deadline and since their season ended makes it pretty clear that he too sees a need for better goaltending. I'm not convinced Bernier will bring that.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:00 pm
by Reefer2
I know trades cant be made in a day but as typical as MG I really wonder what his deal for Luongo is? I highly doubt he has anything to announce prior to the trade deadline unless it really is Buttman asking teams to hold off. I mean MG cant even announce who the coach is and like every freaking Nuck fan knows who it is.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:08 pm
by Strangelove
tantalum wrote: Problem with Reimer is on a nightly basis he is either good or bad and each happens about 50% of the time. He lets in 1 or 4/4+ and it make sit difficult on the team and coach. It was clear at the end of season address that Carlyle was not happy with the goaltending. Nonis pretended he was also fine but his actions at the deadline and since their season ended makes it pretty clear that he too sees a need for better goaltending. I'm not convinced Bernier will bring that.
I heard Lombardi said today they have been working on this trade for 8 months. :shock:

So yeah, Reimer only gets respect from Leaf fans.

Well perhaps not anymore.... :)

Trade him to Winnipeg! :lol:

Bernier is a gamble that might pay off, let's hope not.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:19 pm
by Topper
June 24th, 2006, the Toronto maple leaves traded Tuuka Rask to the Boston Bruins for Andrew Raycroft because they believed Justin Pogge was their goaltender of the future.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:03 pm
by Meds
Topper wrote:June 24th, 2006, the Toronto maple leaves traded Tuuka Rask to the Boston Bruins for Andrew Raycroft because they believed Justin Pogge was their goaltender of the future.
And what a great day that turned out to be for the rest of the hockey world.....we are still laughing.



* quickly Sweeps Cam Neely for Barry Pedersen under the rug while people are laughing at Toronto

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:10 pm
by Hockey Widow
If Bernier lives up to his promise/hype then this is a great trade for the Leafs. If he doesn't then it will be another in a long list of goaltending fiascos. A team willing to give up what they did for Kessel and yet playing cheap shit games for a goalie.