Page 519 of 745

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:45 pm
by Topper
Did Canada elect Dorian to Ottawa?

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:38 am
by Chef Boi RD
If Las Vegas wasn’t willing to give up the “stalwart” Cody Glass for the NHL’s best Defenceman, Dorion wasn’t ass rammed by Doug Wilson, he was ass rammed by Karlsson’s desire to test the free market July 1, 2019.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:56 am
by Doyle Hargraves
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:38 am
If Las Vegas wasn’t willing to give up the “stalwart” Cody Glass for the NHL’s best Defenceman, Dorion wasn’t ass rammed by Doug Wilson, he was ass rammed by Karlsson’s desire to test the free market July 1, 2019.
Yeah... no. Dorion got a pile of fluff and dryer lint for a top 5 NHL player. He didn’t get one prime asset. There was no need to trade him now. He would have been better off holding out until the deadline if this was the best offer. This was a terrible trade by a shitty GM.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:00 am
by Per
Hmmm... apart from Erik Karlsson, the Sharks already have Melker Karlsson...
And this very summer they drafted (3rd round) Linus Karlsson.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Image

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:18 am
by Chef Boi RD
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:56 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:38 am
If Las Vegas wasn’t willing to give up the “stalwart” Cody Glass for the NHL’s best Defenceman, Dorion wasn’t ass rammed by Doug Wilson, he was ass rammed by Karlsson’s desire to test the free market July 1, 2019.
Yeah... no. Dorion got a pile of fluff and dryer lint for a top 5 NHL player. He didn’t get one prime asset. There was no need to trade him now. He would have been better off holding out until the deadline if this was the best offer. This was a terrible trade by a shitty GM.
The shitty offers would be the same, Blob. GM’s rarely part with Grade A prospects for pending UFA’s these days cause in a cap system in today’s young NHL Grade A prospects hold more value. The market is very thin for your Karlssons due to his pending $100 million dollar contract that will pay him until he is 38. Not many teams will gut the farm for his 1 year rental and his potential massive contract. There are only so many New York Yankees of the NHL

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:59 am
by Island Nucklehead
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:18 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:56 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:38 am
If Las Vegas wasn’t willing to give up the “stalwart” Cody Glass for the NHL’s best Defenceman, Dorion wasn’t ass rammed by Doug Wilson, he was ass rammed by Karlsson’s desire to test the free market July 1, 2019.
Yeah... no. Dorion got a pile of fluff and dryer lint for a top 5 NHL player. He didn’t get one prime asset. There was no need to trade him now. He would have been better off holding out until the deadline if this was the best offer. This was a terrible trade by a shitty GM.
The shitty offers would be the same, Blob. GM’s rarely part with Grade A prospects for pending UFA’s these days cause in a cap system in today’s young NHL Grade A prospects hold more value. The market is very thin for your Karlssons due to his pending $100 million dollar contract that will pay him until he is 38. Not many teams will gut the farm for his 1 year rental and his potential massive contract. There are only so many New York Yankees of the NHL
Yep. They should have moved him at the deadline, and not been so greedy by thinking Bobby Ryan could be a throw in. A lesson here is to move these players quickly, because the returns don't typically improve with time.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:20 pm
by ESQ
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:18 am

The shitty offers would be the same, Blob. GM’s rarely part with Grade A prospects for pending UFA’s these days cause in a cap system in today’s young NHL Grade A prospects hold more value.
True, except for McPhee giving up basically a 1st, 2x2nds, a 3rd, and Suzuki for Pacioretty.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:36 pm
by Doyle Hargraves
Ironically Suzuki is better than ANY of the pieces that Dorion received for Karlsson.

I had heard that McPhee was offering Theodore, Suzuki and a 2nd. Not sure how true that is but it’s better than what Ottawa ended up getting.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:09 pm
by Richardstroker69
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:36 pm
Ironically Suzuki is better than ANY of the pieces that Dorion received for Karlsson.

I had heard that McPhee was offering Theodore, Suzuki and a 2nd. Not sure how true that is but it’s better than what Ottawa ended up getting.
I don’t know Ottawa’s prospect pool but are they short on centres? Could be they were targeting that position. But Theodore and Suzuki (who is a center but I think plays wing in the nhl) are 2 really good pieces.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:25 pm
by Chef Boi RD
Richardstroker69 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:09 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:36 pm
Ironically Suzuki is better than ANY of the pieces that Dorion received for Karlsson.

I had heard that McPhee was offering Theodore, Suzuki and a 2nd. Not sure how true that is but it’s better than what Ottawa ended up getting.
I don’t know Ottawa’s prospect pool but are they short on centres? Could be they were targeting that position. But Theodore and Suzuki (who is a center but I think plays wing in the nhl) are 2 really good pieces.
Senators have decent centre prospects - Brown, White, Chlapik and Batherson can play both centre or wing. You can now add Josh Norris to their centre prospects list. Newly acquired Chris Tierny is a centre as well

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:13 pm
by SKYO
Elliotte Friedman: on Jake Dotchin - -
From what I heard, it was extreme, he wasn’t just out of shape, he was extremely out of shape, we had heard he showed up with 25% body fat, that’s way too high for an NHLer

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:19 pm
by Strangelove

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:43 pm
by olpaddy
Strangelove wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:19 pm
Just Curious Doc how u got the MAPLE LEAF insignia at the bottom of the video u posted ... Looks like the MARKINGS of a MAPLE LEAF FAN edited video NICELY DONE DOC very subtle almost subliminal I see through u Strangelove and have since day 1 you are on the inside 8-) over the years u keep the fires burning here don't ya U r a clever one but this latest slip up is too much of a coincidence... 8-) Its like Roddy Piper in They Live I got my sunglasses on and I can see the REAL YOU A TORONTO MAPLE LEAF FAN 8-) Tavares with his 2nd of the night but u already know that don't ya DOCTAH 8-)

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:56 pm
by Doyle Hargraves
Pierre Dorion is horrendous.,


If I was a Sens fan I’d be livid

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:25 pm
by Per
In a game that the Ducks lost 4-1, former Canuck prospect Anton Rödin scored their only goal.
Let's hope he has better luck this time around and can stay healthy.