Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 11113
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Topper » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:45 pm

Did Canada elect Dorian to Ottawa?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15799
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:38 am

If Las Vegas wasn’t willing to give up the “stalwart” Cody Glass for the NHL’s best Defenceman, Dorion wasn’t ass rammed by Doug Wilson, he was ass rammed by Karlsson’s desire to test the free market July 1, 2019.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16221
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:56 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:38 am
If Las Vegas wasn’t willing to give up the “stalwart” Cody Glass for the NHL’s best Defenceman, Dorion wasn’t ass rammed by Doug Wilson, he was ass rammed by Karlsson’s desire to test the free market July 1, 2019.
Yeah... no. Dorion got a pile of fluff and dryer lint for a top 5 NHL player. He didn’t get one prime asset. There was no need to trade him now. He would have been better off holding out until the deadline if this was the best offer. This was a terrible trade by a shitty GM.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4792
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Per » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:00 am

Hmmm... apart from Erik Karlsson, the Sharks already have Melker Karlsson...
And this very summer they drafted (3rd round) Linus Karlsson.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Image
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15799
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:18 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:56 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:38 am
If Las Vegas wasn’t willing to give up the “stalwart” Cody Glass for the NHL’s best Defenceman, Dorion wasn’t ass rammed by Doug Wilson, he was ass rammed by Karlsson’s desire to test the free market July 1, 2019.
Yeah... no. Dorion got a pile of fluff and dryer lint for a top 5 NHL player. He didn’t get one prime asset. There was no need to trade him now. He would have been better off holding out until the deadline if this was the best offer. This was a terrible trade by a shitty GM.
The shitty offers would be the same, Blob. GM’s rarely part with Grade A prospects for pending UFA’s these days cause in a cap system in today’s young NHL Grade A prospects hold more value. The market is very thin for your Karlssons due to his pending $100 million dollar contract that will pay him until he is 38. Not many teams will gut the farm for his 1 year rental and his potential massive contract. There are only so many New York Yankees of the NHL
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8354
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Island Nucklehead » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:59 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:18 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:56 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:38 am
If Las Vegas wasn’t willing to give up the “stalwart” Cody Glass for the NHL’s best Defenceman, Dorion wasn’t ass rammed by Doug Wilson, he was ass rammed by Karlsson’s desire to test the free market July 1, 2019.
Yeah... no. Dorion got a pile of fluff and dryer lint for a top 5 NHL player. He didn’t get one prime asset. There was no need to trade him now. He would have been better off holding out until the deadline if this was the best offer. This was a terrible trade by a shitty GM.
The shitty offers would be the same, Blob. GM’s rarely part with Grade A prospects for pending UFA’s these days cause in a cap system in today’s young NHL Grade A prospects hold more value. The market is very thin for your Karlssons due to his pending $100 million dollar contract that will pay him until he is 38. Not many teams will gut the farm for his 1 year rental and his potential massive contract. There are only so many New York Yankees of the NHL
Yep. They should have moved him at the deadline, and not been so greedy by thinking Bobby Ryan could be a throw in. A lesson here is to move these players quickly, because the returns don't typically improve with time.

ESQ
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2577
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by ESQ » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:20 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:18 am

The shitty offers would be the same, Blob. GM’s rarely part with Grade A prospects for pending UFA’s these days cause in a cap system in today’s young NHL Grade A prospects hold more value.
True, except for McPhee giving up basically a 1st, 2x2nds, a 3rd, and Suzuki for Pacioretty.

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16221
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:36 pm

Ironically Suzuki is better than ANY of the pieces that Dorion received for Karlsson.

I had heard that McPhee was offering Theodore, Suzuki and a 2nd. Not sure how true that is but it’s better than what Ottawa ended up getting.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1018
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Richardstroker69 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:09 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:36 pm
Ironically Suzuki is better than ANY of the pieces that Dorion received for Karlsson.

I had heard that McPhee was offering Theodore, Suzuki and a 2nd. Not sure how true that is but it’s better than what Ottawa ended up getting.
I don’t know Ottawa’s prospect pool but are they short on centres? Could be they were targeting that position. But Theodore and Suzuki (who is a center but I think plays wing in the nhl) are 2 really good pieces.

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15799
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:25 pm

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:09 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:36 pm
Ironically Suzuki is better than ANY of the pieces that Dorion received for Karlsson.

I had heard that McPhee was offering Theodore, Suzuki and a 2nd. Not sure how true that is but it’s better than what Ottawa ended up getting.
I don’t know Ottawa’s prospect pool but are they short on centres? Could be they were targeting that position. But Theodore and Suzuki (who is a center but I think plays wing in the nhl) are 2 really good pieces.
Senators have decent centre prospects - Brown, White, Chlapik and Batherson can play both centre or wing. You can now add Josh Norris to their centre prospects list. Newly acquired Chris Tierny is a centre as well
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 11006
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:13 pm

Elliotte Friedman: on Jake Dotchin - -
From what I heard, it was extreme, he wasn’t just out of shape, he was extremely out of shape, we had heard he showed up with 25% body fat, that’s way too high for an NHLer
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22179
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:19 pm

____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 634
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by olpaddy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:43 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:19 pm
Just Curious Doc how u got the MAPLE LEAF insignia at the bottom of the video u posted ... Looks like the MARKINGS of a MAPLE LEAF FAN edited video NICELY DONE DOC very subtle almost subliminal I see through u Strangelove and have since day 1 you are on the inside 8-) over the years u keep the fires burning here don't ya U r a clever one but this latest slip up is too much of a coincidence... 8-) Its like Roddy Piper in They Live I got my sunglasses on and I can see the REAL YOU A TORONTO MAPLE LEAF FAN 8-) Tavares with his 2nd of the night but u already know that don't ya DOCTAH 8-)

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16221
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Pierre Dorion is horrendous.,


If I was a Sens fan I’d be livid
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4792
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Per » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:25 pm

In a game that the Ducks lost 4-1, former Canuck prospect Anton Rödin scored their only goal.
Let's hope he has better luck this time around and can stay healthy.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

Post Reply