Page 513 of 1068

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:54 am
by Micky
Why whine?

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:08 am
by Vin Tanner
micky107 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:54 amWhy whine?
Who’s whining?

Your “point” made no sense and had no relevance to Dahlin

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:21 am
by Micky
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:53 am
Per wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:17 am Dahlin did pretty well in his Buffalo debut; two goals, one assist, lots of hits.
Yeah I have a feeling that lottery loss is going to be more painful than the 1970 one. Quinn Hughes is a nice prospect but Rasmus Dahlin is going to be one of the best players in the game pretty shortly.
I may well be a bit off my roof, but this sounds just a wee bit like whining.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:00 am
by Vin Tanner
micky107 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:21 am
I may well be a bit off my roof
How many stories did you fall? I thought you needed a helmet before you fell

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:10 am
by Micky
Slow day, huh.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:18 am
by Vin Tanner
micky107 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:10 am Slow day, huh.
Pretty much :)

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:33 pm
by Per
micky107 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:37 am
Per wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:17 am Dahlin did pretty well in his Buffalo debut; two goals, one assist, lots of hits.
Did you see our game?

Should still be on youtube.
Only the highlights. Been rather busy today.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:35 pm
by Per
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:08 am
micky107 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:54 amWhy whine?
Who’s whining?

Your “point” made no sense and had no relevance to Dahlin
Well, sort of... he definitely did not suck.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:28 am
by Richardstroker69
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:53 am
Per wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:17 am Dahlin did pretty well in his Buffalo debut; two goals, one assist, lots of hits.
Yeah I have a feeling that lottery loss is going to be more painful than the 1970 one. Quinn Hughes is a nice prospect but Rasmus Dahlin is going to be one of the best players in the game pretty shortly.
The silver lining is he went to buffalo, and hopefully they can keep Toronto from winning a cup. But he looks like he’ll be a special talent.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:51 am
by Strangelove
Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:28 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:53 am
Per wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:17 am Dahlin did pretty well in his Buffalo debut; two goals, one assist, lots of hits.
Yeah I have a feeling that lottery loss is going to be more painful than the 1970 one. Quinn Hughes is a nice prospect but Rasmus Dahlin is going to be one of the best players in the game pretty shortly.
The silver lining is he went to buffalo, and hopefully they can keep Toronto from winning a cup. But he looks like he’ll be a special talent.
And here I thought I was the only one who cheers for Leaves' division rivals to grow stronger. :wink:

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:26 pm
by Richardstroker69
Strangelove wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:51 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:28 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:53 am
Per wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:17 am Dahlin did pretty well in his Buffalo debut; two goals, one assist, lots of hits.
Yeah I have a feeling that lottery loss is going to be more painful than the 1970 one. Quinn Hughes is a nice prospect but Rasmus Dahlin is going to be one of the best players in the game pretty shortly.
The silver lining is he went to buffalo, and hopefully they can keep Toronto from winning a cup. But he looks like he’ll be a special talent.
And here I thought I was the only one who cheers for Leaves' division rivals to grow stronger. :wink:
You know what they say, fool me once shame on, shame on you, fool me... you can’t get fooled again. Or is it great minds stitch in time saves nine?

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:56 pm
by 2Fingers
Trade between Montreal and Vegas

https://www.tsn.ca/canadiens-trade-paci ... -1.1170348

Not a bad haul for Pac, but then Vegas has enoug assets to do the deal.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:17 pm
by Hockey Widow
Reefer2 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:56 pm Trade between Montreal and Vegas

https://www.tsn.ca/canadiens-trade-paci ... -1.1170348

Not a bad haul for Pac, but then Vegas has enoug assets to do the deal.

That’s a decent return for Montreal. Didn’t Vegas give up a 1st for Tatar?

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:22 pm
by Micky
Reefer2 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:56 pm Trade between Montreal and Vegas

https://www.tsn.ca/canadiens-trade-paci ... -1.1170348

Not a bad haul for Pac, but then Vegas has enoug assets to do the deal.
Vegas really in it for the now.
Nick Suzuki is a big sacrifice.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:55 am
by Island Nucklehead
Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:17 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:56 pm Trade between Montreal and Vegas

https://www.tsn.ca/canadiens-trade-paci ... -1.1170348

Not a bad haul for Pac, but then Vegas has enoug assets to do the deal.

That’s a decent return for Montreal. Didn’t Vegas give up a 1st for Tatar?
Considering everyone and their dog knew Pacioretty was on the market, and wouldn't negotiate in-season, and wants an 8-year deal, it's not a bad return at all. Some funny accounting on cap retention (Mtl retains 10% on Max this season, Vegas retains 9.433962% on Tatar's renaming three years evens out salary this year and saves Mtl cap$$ moving forward). A win For Bergevin after some fairly dismal trades of late.

Suzuki went 13th overall in 2017 and had 100 points last year in the OHL.