Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13368
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:02 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:06 pm
The USDP has their training facility 20 miles away from Quinn at the U of M...not such an issue after all. Jack is an instant superstar as soon as he joins his NHL team next fall so this might be his last stab at a somewhat normal teenager's life

He’s going to be able to focus on nothing but hockey.

Quinn had to ask his coach if he could get extra ice time to work on his shot every day. Jack can just focus.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4899
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by micky107 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:59 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:06 pm
The USDP has their training facility 20 miles away from Quinn at the U of M...not such an issue after all. Jack is an instant superstar as soon as he joins his NHL team next fall so this might be his last stab at a somewhat normal teenager's life
Dan, it's definitely time to summon your friends from afar and convince them to use their electromagnetic energy to slightly alter
the thought patterns of Quinn's brain so he will see "the light" and join his Vancouver Canucks in camp this September.

Sorry, it's meteor shower days and I actually saw a couple, even with the smokey skies.
Couldn't help thinking, well, you know.



don't you
"evolution"

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7942
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Island Nucklehead » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:41 am

Hockey Widow wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:00 pm
Not odd. He’s not academically inclined. No drama next spring either. He’ll sign his ELC.

Neither brother is about putting in any more time than necessary to make it to the NHL. That’s what it is about for them, where they are destined. Jack just isn’t a school guy.
Yeah nothing wrong with it. It makes a lot of sense if you have zero desire to pursue a degree (why bother with the classes and papers?). I think there is some debate on whether the USNTDP is a better developmental step vs playing against the older college kids. Might not matter in this case.

Ultimately, when you’re that good it probably doesn’t matter where you play. Next stop, NHL.

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7942
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Island Nucklehead » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:19 am

Jannik Hansen is KHL-bound.

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 5150
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Uncle dans leg » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:49 am

micky107 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:59 pm
.

Sorry, it's meteor shower days and I actually saw a couple, even with the smokey skies.
Couldn't help thinking, well, you know.



don't you
Image
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9879
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Topper » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:27 am

No, it is not meteor shower day. But if you wanted to see the Red Planet at its closest point to Earth in decades, last night was the night.

Perseid's dowesn't peak until Aug 9th.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11424
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:47 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:19 am
Jannik Hansen is KHL-bound.
Geez you’d think he could get a one year deal somewhere. Didn’t watch him more than a couple times last season , anyone know if his game has fallen off a cliff?
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9879
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Topper » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:03 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:47 am
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:19 am
Jannik Hansen is KHL-bound.
Geez you’d think he could get a one year deal somewhere. Didn’t watch him more than a couple times last season , anyone know if his game has fallen off a cliff?
You must have seen every game he wasn't a healthy scratch.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11424
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:19 am

Topper wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:03 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:47 am
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:19 am
Jannik Hansen is KHL-bound.
Geez you’d think he could get a one year deal somewhere. Didn’t watch him more than a couple times last season , anyone know if his game has fallen off a cliff?
You must have seen every game he wasn't a healthy scratch.
Ok
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4899
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by micky107 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:20 am

The day he left Van he became a nobody. No grit, skill, less speed, nothin.
Once in a while you see a guy that can only play on one team. Not often. Weird.
Good luck in the Sov KHL.

Ironic in regards to what we are trying to make something of in return.
"evolution"

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4899
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by micky107 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:35 am

Topper wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:27 am
No, it is not meteor shower day. But if you wanted to see the Red Planet at its closest point to Earth in decades, last night was the night.

Perseid's dowesn't peak until Aug 9th.
Ursid one in winter 2000 was the best I've ever seen.
"evolution"

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9501
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:42 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:47 am
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:19 am
Jannik Hansen is KHL-bound.
Geez you’d think he could get a one year deal somewhere. Didn’t watch him more than a couple times last season , anyone know if his game has fallen off a cliff?
Peter DeBoer basically ruined his NHL contract for this year, Sharks fans have liked his game, but like travis green on ben hutton sometimes a coach just hates a player, maybe he didn't like his accent? haha and TG hates Huts happy-go-lucky self who knows.

I think Jansen plays well overseas and maybe the worlds next year and possibly can join the Jets July 1st 2019 where his wife's family is from.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13368
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:34 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:41 am
Hockey Widow wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:00 pm
Not odd. He’s not academically inclined. No drama next spring either. He’ll sign his ELC.

Neither brother is about putting in any more time than necessary to make it to the NHL. That’s what it is about for them, where they are destined. Jack just isn’t a school guy.
Yeah nothing wrong with it. It makes a lot of sense if you have zero desire to pursue a degree (why bother with the classes and papers?). I think there is some debate on whether the USNTDP is a better developmental step vs playing against the older college kids. Might not matter in this case.

Ultimately, when you’re that good it probably doesn’t matter where you play. Next stop, NHL.

NCAA has historically been seen as a better development league but that began to change 3-4 years ago. Instead of the occasional player coming out of the USNTDP we see more players opting to stay in the program. If someone isn’t academically inclined or isn’t interested in a degree the USNTDP is an extremely good option. Still free and the focus is well rounded but all geared towards turning out the best American players they can. And not just juniors. They really ramped up their program because of a few successive men’s teams disappointments.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13368
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:40 pm

Hansen was a decent 3/4 line player. Good on the PK. And has speed. SJS was the biggest mistake of his career. Bet he’d like a do over and go to Montreal. Rumours were he was asked by Benning and said no.

I’m surprised he couldn’t get a one year deal somewhere.
The only HW the Canucks need

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1509
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by BladesofSteel » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:17 pm

If true, I wonder what Bergiven had offered up.

Post Reply