Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Lancer » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:33 am

ESQ wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:16 am
If Karlsson is the return, then I have zero problem with the 2019 1st bring in play.

Ottawa has no first next year, and desperately needs one. Canucks will at the very least vault out of the lottery, if not into the playoffs, with Karlsson.

I would also gladly take Anderson off their hands. He has 2-3 years left, which may make Demko expendable if JB has faith Dipietro.
If Anderson comes here, it’ll be Markstrom, not Demko, going the other way. Karlsson is a helluva haul, but no need to sacrifice Demko and other futures for him. Karlsson going from one rebuilding team to another makes little sense to anyone.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:41 am

Kovalchuk to the Kings, 3-years $18.75M (6.25M cap hit).

35+ contract.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:38 am

JT’s agent informs Islanders that JT will take interviews. He has selected five teams. No release yet on who the teams are. Believe SJS and Toronto are two of the teams but not confirmed. SJS make a ton of sense. They can sign Thornton on a cap friendly deal with bonuses.
The only HW the Canucks need

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:41 am

Apparently the Leafs have put together a serious offer. They are the stealth team

I believe it’s between the Islanders, Sharks and Leafs
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:50 am

Major trade:

No picks involved, it's the five players: Lindholm and Hanifin for Hamilton, Ferland and Fox. As I reported yesterday, the negotiating meeting between Lindholm's agent and the Hurricanes did not go well, paving the way for this trade. From TSN

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:09 am

Gotta say, like this one for Calgary

Apparently Hamilton is an A-hole for a teammate. Fox a decent prospect, Ferland whatever. To get Lindholm and Hanafin for that? Not bad
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Uncle dans leg
CC Legend

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:10 am

Hockey Widow wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:50 am
Major trade:

No picks involved, it's the five players: Lindholm and Hanifin for Hamilton, Ferland and Fox. As I reported yesterday, the negotiating meeting between Lindholm's agent and the Hurricanes did not go well, paving the way for this trade. From TSN
Thats quite the swap. Apparently listening to the fan 960 yesterday they were expecting that hamilton was on the block. Should be a good move for the lames
nobody forks...with the jesus

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:13 am

Struggling to figure out who has the most confused management in the league -Ottawa or Carolina

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:13 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:09 am
Gotta say, like this one for Calgary

Apparently Hamilton is an A-hole for a teammate. Fox a decent prospect, Ferland whatever. To get Lindholm and Hanafin for that? Not bad
It is a good return, both will need contracts. $4M bridge for each?
Last edited by Island Nucklehead on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:14 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:13 am
Struggling to figure out who has the most confused management in the league -Ottawa or Carolina
Ottawa, ainec.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:18 am

Fans at Cow Puke are crazy pissed. But I like this trade for Calgary. Fox already made it known he wasn’t going to sign in Calgary. And ya something is rotten with Hamilton, a real locker room problem. Ferland is past his expiry date with all those concussions.

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:25 am

I too think this is a good deal for Calgary. EL was a top 5 pick and can play both centre and wing. Hamilton was dealt outta Boston for a reason, and now he's been dumped by Calgary. Hanifin > Hamilton.

But it's good to hear the Cow fans are shittin. :devil:

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Post by Reefer2 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:31 am

According to The Athletic, Tavares is expected to meet with five teams in Los Angeles to discuss the possibility of leaving the Islanders, who drafted Tavares No. 1 overall and are the only franchise he's ever played for. Tavares is reportedly ready to hold court with the Toronto Maple Leafs, San Jose Sharks, Dallas Stars, Tampa Bay Lightning, and Los Angeles Kings.
Seems Vancouver is not on his list.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:50 am

Reefer2 wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:31 am
According to The Athletic, Tavares is expected to meet with five teams in Los Angeles to discuss the possibility of leaving the Islanders, who drafted Tavares No. 1 overall and are the only franchise he's ever played for. Tavares is reportedly ready to hold court with the Toronto Maple Leafs, San Jose Sharks, Dallas Stars, Tampa Bay Lightning, and Los Angeles Kings.
Seems Vancouver is not on his list.

This came from Elliot Freeman who then laughed and said they haven’t been told anything so he was sort of making it up. Then added it’s unlikely he’d go to LA as the Kings just spent a wad on Kovie. So while it might turn out to be accurate it’s not a confirmed list from JT.

Freeman also said he thinks this could go the way Stamkos went, do the interviews but stay put.

I’m with Dude though. I think TO may have the inside track.

As for Vancouver, if he had an interview it would only be a courtesy interview. Just don’t see us as a fit for him. I mean for sure he could step in and instantly be our number one centre. The other teams mentioned that wouldn’t be the case necessarily. So it depends upon how important that is to him.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:59 am

Love this analysis. Makes you realize the futility of grouping unrelated trades.

Today @ 2:05 PM ET
So basically a 1st round pick, 2 seconds and Ferland and Fox for Lindholm and Hanifin??? That sucks guys. That's a doozie, not Chiarelli bad but ball park.