Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4957
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Uncle dans leg » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:29 pm

Cherelli will be gone by seasons end if they dont turn it around. Of course he'll move the 10th pick...it likely only benefits their next gm unless he can hit a home run and bring in a Karlsson calibre asset
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2897
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Aaronp18 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:35 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:20 pm
theman wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:10 am
I would do Tanev for the 10 OA + prospect.
I don’t think the Coilers would
I'd do it for Tanev straight across, maybe even sweeten the pot a tad as well.

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4629
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by micky107 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:49 pm

I realize a player, for the record, LOL, shouldn't be involved in such talks.
If he talks to McDavid, he may well say Tanev would be great. He's seen his share of him and he's not an easy guy to blow past.
Just pondering.
"evolution"

theman
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by theman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:05 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:35 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:20 pm
theman wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:10 am
I would do Tanev for the 10 OA + prospect.
I don’t think the Coilers would
I'd do it for Tanev straight across, maybe even sweeten the pot a tad as well.
I was thinking a 'B level' prospect coming back to us, we could easily throw in a mid round pick too.

User avatar
Puck
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 940
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Puck » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:55 pm

It's only the 10th OA, not Top-3... if it weren't such a deep draft, it wouldn't seem so tempting.

Chiarelli may be purely fishing for a giant return, but how about 10 OA + Lucic for Tanev + Granlund?

This would greatly shore up the Oilers' overall D and drop some salary to add to their FA search, while the Canucks get another pick and some size. However, I've done a little more investigation on Lucic and I'm not sure we want his defensively (in)ability. Maybe we don't include Granlund... :eh:

DHA
CC Veteran
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:04 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by DHA » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:48 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:35 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:20 pm
theman wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:10 am
I would do Tanev for the 10 OA + prospect.
I don’t think the Coilers would
I'd do it for Tanev straight across, maybe even sweeten the pot a tad as well.
Done and hopefully Ty Smith is there at 10

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP
Posts: 873
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:25 pm
Location: New Westminster

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Ronning's Ghost » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:30 pm

DHA wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:48 pm
Aaronp18 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:35 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:20 pm
theman wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:10 am
I would do Tanev for the 10 OA + prospect.
I don’t think the Coilers would
I'd do it for Tanev straight across, maybe even sweeten the pot a tad as well.
Done and hopefully Ty Smith is there at 10
I'm another poster who would make that trade, but the 'sweetener' would have to be a player with a known ceiling who is unlikely to contribute to the final Masterpiece.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17346
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:58 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:59 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:42 pm
rats19 wrote: 19 more games or so Rd...
Yeah, he'll be gone for sure.

Gallant or Green?
If Gerard Gallant comes here , I may tune out for a while. He was horseshit in Columbus. He had one decent season in Florida.
Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11005
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:19 pm

He was horseshit in Columbus and had a decent year in Florida. He was known for trapping it up in C Bus. Not my style of play. He has a real good year and got his players to buy in. Good for him. See if he has some staying power.

Wait are you thinking Gallant would be a huge upgrade on Travis? This roster is an abortion. Scotty Bowman or Al Arbour would have trouble getting more out of it than Travis got.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17346
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:52 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:19 pm
Wait are you thinking Gallant would be a huge upgrade on Travis?
Not at all. 8-)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11005
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:56 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:52 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:19 pm
Wait are you thinking Gallant would be a huge upgrade on Travis?
Not at all. 8-)
Do you think Gallant is some super coach?

Do you agree or not agree that his record, even including this season is somewhat spotty?
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17346
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:28 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:56 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:52 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:19 pm
Wait are you thinking Gallant would be a huge upgrade on Travis?
Not at all. 8-)
Do you think Gallant is some super coach?

Do you agree or not agree that his record, even including this season is somewhat spotty?
At the time of the post (March 2017) I liked Gallant as a potential coach for your Vancouver Canucks

... from among those available at the time.

"Gallant or Green" I said.

You hated the idea and then he won Coach of the Year, therefore you suck. 8-)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13244
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:36 am

Lehner released by Buffalo. Anderson asks for trade out of Ottawa. Karlsson expecting a trade. Martin waived for purposes of a buyout by SJS.

Early housecleaning.
The only HW the Canucks need

theman
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by theman » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:41 am

Lehner out in Buffalo? Wow. Perhaps we can trade Markstrom to Buffalo for the 1st OA or perhaps a midround pick?

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17346
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:42 am

theman wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:41 am
Lehner out in Buffalo? Wow. Perhaps we can trade Markstrom to Buffalo for the 1st OA
:lol:

Careful, Danny is still high...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Post Reply