Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Richardstroker69 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:49 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:27 pm
Slava Voynov eyes return to NHL. He has had a meeting with Bettman and the NHLPA. They are holding off commenting until he resolves his legal issues and gets a new work VISA for the USA and or Canada. If he is successful in getting his criminal record expunged he should get his VISA. How does that square with The Donald's immigration stand on criminals vs his love for Russia.

His NHL rights are confirmed still owned by LA.
Weren’t the pictures of his wife absolutely horrific? I can’t see a team wanting to take that on.

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13368
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:49 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:27 pm
Slava Voynov eyes return to NHL. He has had a meeting with Bettman and the NHLPA. They are holding off commenting until he resolves his legal issues and gets a new work VISA for the USA and or Canada. If he is successful in getting his criminal record expunged he should get his VISA. How does that square with The Donald's immigration stand on criminals vs his love for Russia.

His NHL rights are confirmed still owned by LA.
Weren’t the pictures of his wife absolutely horrific? I can’t see a team wanting to take that on.

Ya he beat the hell out of her but I guess he’s reformed, right. He’s a talented RHD and if LA doesn’t sign him his rights will be traded. Seriously though it doesn’t square with The Donald’s immigration policy but then again Voynov isn’t brown skinned.

He’s been, apparently, living in the States for close to a year and had travelled there several times for medical treatment. He’s kept his head down in an effort to be able to expunge his record. I think LA would throw a contract at him saying he’s done his penance, he’s changed blah blah blah. I’m sure he’ll come at an affordable price.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17606
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:21 pm

SKYO wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:14 pm
One of em will get dealt to get rid of the toxic.
I think both IF the story is true. (I think Hoffman said the real culprit was someone impersonating his girlfriend)

But IF true, they trade Karlsson because they would rather have all the assets and not have to pay him ~ $9M per.

And Hoffman because IF the story is true, his teammates won't want him around any longer.

Did I mention the story might not be true? :)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1647
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Tciso » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:33 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:24 pm
vic wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:22 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:05 pm
Is Mike Hoffman about to get traded out of Ottawa because his old lady is nuts?
If the allegations are true, who in their right mind would bring that family into their organization?

Dorian "Hey, you want Hoffman, give us a 2nd for him"
GM "Really? A 2nd? That's it? What's the catch?"
Dorian "You also get his wife who's going to threaten the other players wives and wish harm on their kids in a daily basis"
*girlfriend....

Nothing a $10k a night ho cant help get rid of
Or, give Jeff Brown a shot at her.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!

User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2165
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Riga, Latvia

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Lancer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:20 am

Tciso wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:33 am
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:24 pm
vic wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:22 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:05 pm
Is Mike Hoffman about to get traded out of Ottawa because his old lady is nuts?
If the allegations are true, who in their right mind would bring that family into their organization?

Dorian "Hey, you want Hoffman, give us a 2nd for him"
GM "Really? A 2nd? That's it? What's the catch?"
Dorian "You also get his wife who's going to threaten the other players wives and wish harm on their kids in a daily basis"
*girlfriend....

Nothing a $10k a night ho cant help get rid of
Or, give Jeff Brown a shot at her.
Maybe he already did...
http://ottawa67s.com/article/67s-announ ... jeff-brown
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9501
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:26 pm

Oil re-sign Drake Caggiula $1.5m AAV according to bob mckenzie.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13368
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Habs sign Domi to a 2 year, 6.3 million dollar contract. Cap 3.15 per.

Given his fall off the past two seasons, his reported attitude/behavioural issues, his total lack of defence, I'd say Domi hit a home run. Huge overpayment at this point in his career. Desperation to sell the deal?
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11424
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:46 pm

He’s a 40 point player who is 23 and plays with some bite. I would take Max Domi all day at 3 million. We have a curly haired slug who gets 30 points and doesn’t bite hard enough to break skin. We pay him 6 million.

I haven’t heard of any attitude issues with Maxmillian. I heard he was a diabetic with a service dog and he’s one of Bro Horvat’s besties
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13368
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:16 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:46 pm
He’s a 40 point player who is 23 and plays with some bite. I would take Max Domi all day at 3 million. We have a curly haired slug who gets 30 points and doesn’t bite hard enough to break skin. We pay him 6 million.

I haven’t heard of any attitude issues with Maxmillian. I heard he was a diabetic with a service dog and he’s one of Bro Horvat’s besties

He’s actually not one of Bo’s besties. Biggest reason why Benning never made a hard push to get Domi, Bo knows.

He is grossly overpaid at 3.15 given his last two years.
The only HW the Canucks need

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1509
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by BladesofSteel » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:34 pm

At this stage, I’ll take Jake at half that for the next two years over Domi and that contract.

I don’t think Bergevin has much more time.

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Richardstroker69 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:41 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:46 pm
He’s a 40 point player who is 23 and plays with some bite. I would take Max Domi all day at 3 million. We have a curly haired slug who gets 30 points and doesn’t bite hard enough to break skin. We pay him 6 million.

I haven’t heard of any attitude issues with Maxmillian. I heard he was a diabetic with a service dog and he’s one of Bro Horvat’s besties
Type 1 diabetics would scare me

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11424
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:58 pm

BladesofSteel wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:34 pm
At this stage, I’ll take Jake at half that for the next two years over Domi and that contract.

I don’t think Bergevin has much more time.
Jake has averaged 15 points a year while Max has averaged 45. But Curly is well worth 6 a year :roll:

Wids, Max and Bo were good buds last season, it was mentioned in the Canucks and Yotes game. I guess maybe they had a falling out in the last few months?
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17606
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:08 pm

Bald Blob is jealous of Curly Lou.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11424
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:10 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:08 pm
Bald Blob is jealous of Curly Lou.
Blob is not bald, have a bald spot the size of a nickel, but he’s definitely jealous of the curly haired theif’s paycheque. Doc has 11 chins and chubby drumstick legs standing at a robust 5 ft 6 and 275 pounds.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2165
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Riga, Latvia

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Lancer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:40 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:36 pm
Habs sign Domi to a 2 year, 6.3 million dollar contract. Cap 3.15 per.

Given his fall off the past two seasons, his reported attitude/behavioural issues, his total lack of defence, I'd say Domi hit a home run. Huge overpayment at this point in his career. Desperation to sell the deal?
Still scratching my head over this deal because I’m still not sold on Domi as a player with whom you can win. It was clear that Montreal either didn’t know what to do with Galchenyuk or didn’t see him becoming what they wanted him to be, but you think they could have got more for him. I can see Bergevin running out of rope.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.

Post Reply