Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby ukcanuck » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:30 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Benjo wrote:The sad part of this whole thing is that Arizona is seen as a more desirable place to play than Vancouver, and if the rumors were true and it was Gud going the other way I would have happily done that trade.

GMs should start putting Chayka's number on call block because he's bending them all over.

Arizona has a good young team and a lot of good young prospects. Vancouver has neither. It's getting better but has a ways to go yet.

Arizona has great weather. Vancouver has terrible weather.

The management..... Well let's just say Chayka has been doing a bang up job.

I can't imagine Gudbranson being too thrilled about the fact Elmer tried to ditch him 30 games after he acquired him. I can't see him re signing here barring an overpayment

perhaps there is an opening for resident dickhead negative nellie over on whatever passes for coyotecorner in Arizona, as you say, the weather is better there :mrgreen:
ukcanuck
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:40 pm

ukcanuck wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Arizona has a good young team and a lot of good young prospects. Vancouver has neither. It's getting better but has a ways to go yet.

I can't imagine Gudbranson being too thrilled about the fact Elmer tried to ditch him 30 games after he acquired him. I can't see him re signing here barring an overpayment

perhaps there is an opening for resident dickhead negative nellie over on whatever passes for coyotecorner in Arizona, as you say, the weather is better there :mrgreen:

Boom!
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:14 am

ukcanuck wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Benjo wrote:The sad part of this whole thing is that Arizona is seen as a more desirable place to play than Vancouver, and if the rumors were true and it was Gud going the other way I would have happily done that trade.

GMs should start putting Chayka's number on call block because he's bending them all over.

Arizona has a good young team and a lot of good young prospects. Vancouver has neither. It's getting better but has a ways to go yet.

I'd like that . Less pinko commie yellow toothed ,whining schoolteachers down there I hear :lol:
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby damonberryman » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:23 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Benjo wrote:The sad part of this whole thing is that Arizona is seen as a more desirable place to play than Vancouver

1. Rumour.

2. One particular guy.

It IS a team with a lot more young talent. And it IS a city with far superior weather. These two things can't be debated

Have u been there in the summer?
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:15 pm

damonberryman wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Benjo wrote:The sad part of this whole thing is that Arizona is seen as a more desirable place to play than Vancouver

1. Rumour.

2. One particular guy.

It IS a team with a lot more young talent. And it IS a city with far superior weather. These two things can't be debated

Have u been there in the summer?

Yup
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:18 pm

So have I. Sorry Damon I don't like rain from October to May. It's fucking depressing
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:56 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:So have I. Sorry Damon I don't like rain from October to May. It's fucking depressing

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Bubbly Blob suffers from depression??

Who would have guessed it! :lol:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby ukcanuck » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:So have I. Sorry Damon I don't like rain from October to May. It's fucking depressing

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Bubbly Blob suffers from depression??

Who would have guessed it! :lol:

Maybe its the lack of vitamin D... we could start a go fund me page. Meet Blob a professed Canucks fan who hates the team's owners, management, most if not all it's players and the city's weather. Help us relocate Blob to a more sunny clime and return him to a more sunny disposition. He needs your help and soon before another year of rebuilding from the ground up drives him past the point of no return.
ukcanuck
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:25 pm

Lol problem is the guys doing the rebuild are carpinders..... not carpenters.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:19 am

And just like that there goes our #1C for a bit.

Sportsnet Murph:
Bo Horvat sustained an upper-body injury on Thursday and will be out for about a week.

Hank
Gagner
Sutter
Burmistrov

If canucks history has proven, don't rush it bo, be like crosby, don't come back till 100%.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby micky107 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:36 am

SKYO wrote:And just like that there goes our #1C for a bit.

Sportsnet Murph:
Bo Horvat sustained an upper-body injury on Thursday and will be out for about a week.

Hank
Gagner
Sutter
Burmistrov

If canucks history has proven, don't rush it bo, be like crosby, don't come back till 100%.

FFS it figures. Why him ?
"evolution"
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Hockey Widow » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:49 am

SKYO wrote:And just like that there goes our #1C for a bit.

Sportsnet Murph:

Hank
Gagner
Sutter
Burmistrov

Unfortunately for Bo I don't think it is a concussion. It seems to be that dreaded shoulder injury : :mrgreen:

He didn't dress last night for precautionary reasons. A meaningless game followed by a long flight coupled with jet leg. To boot, they had to sit four players anyway so everyone could get a chance to play.

Their next game isn't until Thursday so no rush, that's almost a week. A minor stinger but then again if it's the same shoulder....
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:57 am

After last night's game in China I've completely changed my opinion on Upshall. He's done nothing I can see to earn a contract. Guys on PTOs need to stand out.

Unfortunately Virtanen was a minus three yesterday which may seal his fate to start the year.

Boeser still is the one forward who so far deserves a look again with the big club and he didn't play yesterday :mrgreen:

Goldobin has not impressed thus far. Rodin seems to be finding his stride but needs to do more. McKewan impresses and may stay until Gaunce is ready. Molino has the speed and good defensive awareness but needs to play a lot and he won't do that if he stays.

On the big club I have not been impressed with Gagne, at all. Burmistrov has been ok. Labate tries hard and I like his toughness and may may earn a fourth line spot over White and Upshall.

Expect more cuts soon as Utica starts its season next weekend. I think only Goldobin, Rodin, Boeser, Virtanen survive the cuts up front. Juolevi Holm Biega should survive as well until the end of camp.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby DonCherry4PM » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:14 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Expect more cuts soon as Utica starts its season next weekend. I think only Goldobin, Rodin, Boeser, Virtanen survive the cuts up front. Juolevi Holm Biega should survive as well until the end of camp.

So far so good on the predictions, Wids!

Interesting, Subban being sat last night and then sent back down today. Wonder how many more chances he gets before they stick a fork in him.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Postby Hockey Widow » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:34 pm

DonCherry4PM wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Expect more cuts soon as Utica starts its season next weekend. I think only Goldobin, Rodin, Boeser, Virtanen survive the cuts up front. Juolevi Holm Biega should survive as well until the end of camp.

So far so good on the predictions, Wids!

Interesting, Subban being sat last night and then sent back down today. Wonder how many more chances he gets before they stick a fork in him.

None. He's done. I'd dump him for whatever. Maybe Nashville will give us a 5th or 6th rounder.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat