Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by ukcanuck »

dbr wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:It's been asked already but...
How in the fuck do they fit all of that under the salary cap!?
I mean seriously, do they got a LTIR Faerie too?
They've had millions in space all year long which means they can add triple that space in prorated cap hit right now (quadruple by the deadline).
But how did they have that on the first plac...oh wait, does the trade with Carolina ( Staal) last draft have sommat to do wiv it?
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Thats perfect he went to the Pens. Boston had a tough day yesterday, lost Iginla and blew a game against the habs,looks good on the f-----ing bums.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The only thing that comes to mind regarding what the Flames got in return for Iginla - GILLIS IS FUCKED

Shit, with Luongo only 2 years younger than Iginla and on a fucking ridiculous contract that Mikey signed him too, we'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for Lou.

Shit, the Stars got a better return on Morrow than the Flames did on Iginla. Joe Morrow is a solid prospect. I believe he was the Pens best prospect, or top 2 at least.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:The only thing that comes to mind regarding what the Flames got in return for Iginla - GILLIS IS FUCKED

Shit, with Luongo only 2 years younger than Iginla blah blah blah.
Holy shit talk about a one track mind...

The REASON Feaster got what he did was precisely because Ignla is a UFA and not under contract long term like Luongo.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The only thing that comes to mind regarding what the Flames got in return for Iginla - GILLIS IS FUCKED

The REASON Feaster got what he did was precisely because Ignla is a UFA and not under contract long term like Luongo.
Oh shit, forgot the UFA thingy. I guess that is why we'd get fuck all for Raymond and Higgins at the Deadline. BTW, weren't you championing trading Raymond and Higgins at the Deadline?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Oh man, thats some funny shit.
2011..... the one that got away.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:

Oh man, thats some funny shit.
I got shit loads more of where that came from my good man. But, IMO the real comedy will be what Gillis gets in return for Lou. I can't wait, howbouts you EPC?
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Not much help from the out of town scoreboard lately. Minnesota tied up their game against Phonix with 55 seconds left and won in overtime. Anaheim did lose though. A few Anaheim losses here could make catching them for the 2 spot more likely.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:

Oh shit, forgot the UFA thingy. I guess that is why we'd get fuck all for Raymond and Higgins at the Deadline. BTW, weren't you championing trading Raymond and Higgins at the Deadline?
In fact I was suggesting signing or extending mayray and then trading him.
I said nothing about trading either Higgins at all or Raymond at the deadline.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote:Shit, with Luongo only 2 years younger than Iginla and on a fucking ridiculous contract that Mikey signed him too, we'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for Lou.
Pretty much what Burke was telling Gillis just prior to the lockout.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

You don't even hear rumours about Luongo anymore. There's just nowhere for him to be traded too. He's under contract until he's 43. Ridiculous.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Do Gillis and his Band of Gaylords ever take the 2 minute car ride to Pacific Coliseum to scout the Giants? Why the fuck do they keep passing up on backyard prospects like Lucic and Gallagher is beyond me. Who the hell is running the show at the Orca Bay confines? Anybody?

Speaking of the Giants, looks like they is about to draft the next big WHL star in this Benson kid. Apparently the kid is so good that he will enter the Dub a year earlier than the norm. But Gillis and his merry men wouldn't know that.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

BigTuna wrote:You don't even hear rumours about Luongo anymore. There's just nowhere for him to be traded too. He's under contract until he's 43. Ridiculous.
Lots of rumors he is going to the leaves.

Makes sense given the they are likely going to the playoffs and the Canucks are even more desperate for a center.

If that happens it's probably a crap deal for the Canucks though.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Potatoe1 wrote:
BigTuna wrote:You don't even hear rumours about Luongo anymore. There's just nowhere for him to be traded too. He's under contract until he's 43. Ridiculous.

Makes sense given the they are likely going to the playoffs and the Canucks are even more desperate for a center.

Well, it's Damage Control time for Gillis, he screwed this one up big time. Just take what he can. However, I sure hope it ain't shite contracts coming back this way. I know Gillis has a history of doing that.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

RoyalDude wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:

Well, it's Damage Control time for Gillis, he screwed this one up big time. Just take what he can. However, I sure hope it ain't shite contracts coming back this way. I know Gillis has a history of doing that.
What did he screw up?

He got crap offers in the summer, and it hasn't gotten better.

Lu flat out won us games in the early going of this season so he's been an asset. Now with Schneider just killing it in goal it's time to make the move and get a player that can help.