Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2824
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Rumsfeld wrote:Scott is entered in the hardest shot and shot accuracy competitions.

They should've thrown him in the fastest skater competition. :D
Next season @ the all-star competition, they should build a machine with big mats (kind of like that boxing punching ball @ the arcades), so that it can read the player with the hardest body check. :lol:
dbr
CC Legend
Posts: 3059
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by dbr »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Scott is entered in the hardest shot and shot accuracy competitions.

They should've thrown him in the fastest skater competition. :D
Next season @ the all-star competition, they should build a machine with big mats (kind of like that boxing punching ball @ the arcades), so that it can read the player with the hardest body check. :lol:
For how well that would measure checking ability, they might as well mic up the glass and see who makes it rattle the best.
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 16138
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow »

Things just keep getting better for John Scott.

First Twitterverse demanded that St. Johns changes their Twitter account to St. John Scotts. They gave in and did.

Now word is out that he is being offered movie and book deals. His agent is working on it.

Having two little girls with twin boys due any second he sure can use that new vehicle and more income options. The hockey lifespan of a John Scott isn't very long. I used to hate the guy, now I think he i like him. Not enough mind you to see Benning Ho out and trade for him. Nashville should though. It may draw fans.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2158
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Tciso »

Hockey Widow wrote:Things just keep getting better for John Scott.

First Twitterverse demanded that St. Johns changes their Twitter account to St. John Scotts. They gave in and did.

Now word is out that he is being offered movie and book deals. His agent is working on it.

Having two little girls with twin boys due any second he sure can use that new vehicle and more income options. The hockey lifespan of a John Scott isn't very long. I used to hate the guy, now I think he i like him. Not enough mind you to see Benning Ho out and trade for him. Nashville should though. It may draw fans.
Good for him, but $$ should not be an issue. He's made a over $4 mil playing hockey already. Even if he only kept half, he should be set.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
User avatar
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2158
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Tciso »

Justin Schultz didn't skate today. Wonder if he is moving???
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Legend
Posts: 3779
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Jovocop »

Tciso wrote:Justin Schultz didn't skate today. Wonder if he is moving???
Prust on waivers... making cap room for... Hmm... :mrgreen:
tyhee
AHL Prospect
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:02 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by tyhee »

Jovocop wrote:
Tciso wrote:Justin Schultz didn't skate today. Wonder if he is moving???
Prust on waivers... making cap room for... Hmm... :mrgreen:
Making a roster space for Henrik. Assuming Prust clears, it would be nice if he cleared cap room but the $950K that the Canucks can bury in Utica is only about $100K more than the Canucks are spending on Etem, whose pickup might be considered to be the move that eventually resulted in there no longer being room for Prust on the roster.
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 16138
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow »

tyhee wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Tciso wrote:Justin Schultz didn't skate today. Wonder if he is moving???
Prust on waivers... making cap room for... Hmm... :mrgreen:
Making a roster space for Henrik. Assuming Prust clears, it would be nice if he cleared cap room but the $950K that the Canucks can bury in Utica is only about $100K more than the Canucks are spending on Etem, whose pickup might be considered to be the move that eventually resulted in there no longer being room for Prust on the roster.

Well that is exactly it. Although they had had discussions with the Rangers for about a month prior to making the move when it came together it happened quickly. The other factor is that Vey was recalled and he has been ok especially with Etem. That puts Cracknell at risk next.

When Hamhuis is activated I assume Weber will be the casualty.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
Posts: 4201
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Rumsfeld »

Hey stick around new guy. I promise we'll be nice for the first week. :D
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 12296
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Topper »

tyhee wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Tciso wrote:Justin Schultz didn't skate today. Wonder if he is moving???
Prust on waivers... making cap room for... Hmm... :mrgreen:
Making a roster space for Henrik. Assuming Prust clears, it would be nice if he cleared cap room but the $950K that the Canucks can bury in Utica is only about $100K more than the Canucks are spending on Etem, whose pickup might be considered to be the move that eventually resulted in there no longer being room for Prust on the roster.
I believe I read that somewhere.
Topper wrote:
TDA Rum wrote:Brandon Prust put on waivers today...
With the descision to keep Jake and Jared out of camp, there has been a log jam at forward position since the beginning. Initially it was accounted for by the Higgins injury and then the Sutter injury. the addition of Etem bumped Higgins and Sutter's return, along with Henrik's return from a short absence, bumps Prust.

#Placeholder #Benning is a genius.
Makes one Pause r for a moment and think of Pratt.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
Posts: 4201
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Rumsfeld »

With the possible exception of Mario, McJesus might be the most talented 18 year old I've ever seen in the NHL. I'm too young to remember Gretzky's rookie season.

I mean Crosby was ridiculous his rookie season, but he just didn't "wow" me quite like this little shithead does.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
Posts: 4201
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Rumsfeld »

So the Habs do ballet in the offseason? The jokes just write themselves.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
Posts: 4201
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Rumsfeld »

Florida is really making the most of their high draft picks.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 28203
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote:With the possible exception of Mario, McJesus might be the most talented 18 year old I've ever seen in the NHL. I'm too young to remember Gretzky's rookie season.

I mean Crosby was ridiculous his rookie season, but he just didn't "wow" me quite like this little shithead does.
Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 12069
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO »

mcjesus gonna be rummy's prison bitch.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Post Reply