Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by herb »

Strangelove wrote: "He doesn't have a clue what's going on currently." :drink:
No shit he doesn't.

We're talking about a guy who would take Phaneuf (at $7M) over Hamhuis (at $4.5M) because of size (two inches and five pounds).

Phaneuf went from a lock to making Team Canada in 2010 (he didn’t make the cut) to not even being in the conversation in 2014. He'll be getting paid all-star dollars when he's clearly not an all-star. He's a perfect fit for the leaves.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Ummmmmmmmmm......

whooosh

And it's "your". :thumbs:
is the sound of my slapshot whizzing by your head as you waste your waining life energy on trivial pursuits...
You have an unusual way of conceding an argument my friend. :mex:
Ahhhhh another new year and another year of living in de Nile for the Strange one....nothing changes....you have never won anything, you just think you do.

Even with Steve Jobs dead the Reality Distortion Field is in full force...

'Ovechkin is overrated'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote: I dunno Doc, you're argument and evidence is pretty weak.
Ummmmmmmmmm......

whooosh

:o

Seriously? You are not argument?
And here I always thought you personified it. :(
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Per wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote: I dunno Doc, you're argument and evidence is pretty weak.
Ummmmmmmmmm......

whooosh

His

He is

Argument?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Do you like my hellocopter Pair? :D
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Strangelove wrote:A lot of players wouldn't want a full-of-himself mistake-prone overrated-to-the-tune-of-$7m on their team

... Todd.

A lot of players realize bang-for-your-buck kinda players are beneficial.
I'll disagree with u there. Phaneuf is kind of like having Raffi Torres, he's a bit of a pig/jerk, but they're the type of guys u want to go to war with. I think most NHLers will take them on their team despite what they think of them personally.

Speaking of stupid, how "deep into the NHL playoffs" has Captain Diane ever taken an NHL team? :stupid:
I'll give u that, but nearly knocking off the big bad Bs in the first round last year was impressive. Diane played a big role in that leaves team. I'm not saying the leaves are a Cup contender, but they're going to make some noise in the next few years. They're a darkhorse team, mark my words.

So you consider them "pretty close overall" but you "give the edge to Dion". :roll:

Did you lose track of the fact that we were discussing Dion's new contract?

Do you realize Hamhuis' cap-hit is $4.5m and Dion's will be $7m?

Do you consider Hamhuis vastly underpaid or Dion vastly overpaid?

Afterall, you DID say "pretty close overall" amirite.... Todd. :mex:
Yup, I'd be glad to pay an extra $2.5M for the MUSCLE. Hammer is a great player, but he does have trouble if he's overworked and he struggles against bigger/stronger players. Last couple years when we had to play the Kings and Sharks, he had some problems. I mentioned when he tried to take out Lucic, we know what happened. What about when Getlzaf smoked him from behind the net in a reg season game? I still remember this play in the playoffs when Hammer tried to be Bobby Orr.

Not sayin we would of came back in that series, but to emphasize my point on what happens to Hammer vs tougher matchups and being overused. Now don't get me wrong, Diane will make his mistakes too, but if I need to throw someone over the boards to play against Thornton, Kopitar or Getzlaf, I'd take Diane over any of the guys we currently have (edler, hammer, whatever).
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Mëds wrote:Phaneuf is probably not the best skater? He's a better skater than Weber and Chara, and probably a couple of other Olympic locks and hopefuls. One of his strength's is how good he is on his feet. If not for his skating ability he'd probably be a third pairing guy because he would never be able to recover from the boneheaded mistakes he made all the time in his first few seasons.
Topper wrote:He should be a prototypical stay at home crease clearing defender. He has the size and limited skating for the role. He also has the booming shot that ends up head high in the corner. He does not have the smarts, skating ability, first pass of a #1 guy.
???? OK, so he moves well for a big man, but he's no Paul Coffey/Scott Niedermayer.
:lol:

Two things can be taken from your reply.

First, you consider Topper's opinion to be the gospel when it comes to "scouting reports".

Second, you are defining skating ability as it stacks up against two of the best skating defensemen of all time.
Bersnoozi wrote: *Haha* Baltard. It's the coaching right? The Coach in Minny is messing with Baltard's confidence. :lol:
Maybe it's the western conference? :eh:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Speaking of stupid, how "deep into the NHL playoffs" has Captain Diane ever taken an NHL team? :stupid:
I'm not saying the leaves are a Cup contender, but they're going to make some noise in the next few years. They're a darkhorse team, mark my words.
Thanks for coming out of the closet Todd!!

I've long-suspected you were a Leaf-loving son of a bitch...

(that's right, I just called your father a bitch!) :D

Oh fuck ya, ole Todd is always going on about how he's such a big man because he won't drink Canuck koolaid

.... but he-she sure nuff guzzles plenty of whatever the Leaves are serving up these days eh WOT! :thumbs:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Strangelove wrote: So you consider them "pretty close overall" but you "give the edge to Dion". :roll:

Did you lose track of the fact that we were discussing Dion's new contract?

Do you realize Hamhuis' cap-hit is $4.5m and Dion's will be $7m?

Do you consider Hamhuis vastly underpaid or Dion vastly overpaid?

Afterall, you DID say "pretty close overall" amirite.... Todd. :mex:
Yup, I'd be glad to pay an extra $2.5M for the MUSCLE.
HOLY SHIT, THAT'S $500K PER POUND!!! :shock:

SON OF A BITCH!! :lol:

This crazy son of a bitch would pay Byfuglien $32.5m per year!! :wow:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: I still remember this play in the playoffs when Hammer tried to be Bobby Orr.
Two can play this game you Canuck-hating Leaf-loving son of a bitch...

Like I said, Phaneuf is stupid.

Anyone have any idea why the Toddster identifies with him? :?

Is it the fact his heart belongs to Toronto... or is there more here? :)

Listen Todd, this post is all in good fun, no offense intended okay good buddy? :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote:
Strangelove wrote: And it's "your". :thumbs:

I refuse to answer on the grounds it may tend to incriminate me.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: Do you like my hellocopter Pair? :D
Oh for Godess's sake GROW UP SPIDEY! :hmmm:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

I prefer to think of this when it comes to Phaneuf's skating ability and overall effectiveness.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

^^

That's funny
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Speaking of stupid, how "deep into the NHL playoffs" has Captain Diane ever taken an NHL team? :stupid:
I'll give u that, but nearly knocking off the big bad Bs in the first round last year was impressive. Diane played a big role in that leaves team.
Yup, Pylon Diane played a HUGE role in... the most epic collapse in NHL history!! :lol:

Minus 6 in the series, MINUS 2 in Game 7.

Refusing to fight Lucic in Game 7 prompted this reaction from Milan in the post-game "hand"shake:

Lucic: "If you wanna win a round, you need to grow a pair". :lol:

Petition started by Leaf fans on May 15, 2013 - 2 days after the Leaves were eliminated by the Boston Bruins:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/trade-phaneuf/

Article from MAY 16, 2013:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gran ... touchable/
Phaneuf not untouchable

Nonis, for example, said he would trade Dion Phaneuf, the team’s captain and the best defenseman albeit in a fairly shallow pool. And he said it without flinching. I asked him and Nonis said an unblinking “yes” before I’d even finished the question.

Phaneuf... a bum who got walked around or pushed around in front of his own net for last-minute goals in Game 6 and Game 7 against the Boston Bruins, part of his minus-6 mark for the series.
"Phaneuf not untouchable".... GET IT?? :wink:

Long-time season ticket holder Dave Perron 2 months ago on extending Phaneuf:

Apparently many o' fan agree with many o' NHLer that Dion Phaneuf is "overrated"...

Not that there's anything "wrong" with your love for Diane there... Todd. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Do you like my hellocopter Pair? :D
Oh for Godess's sake GROW UP SPIDEY! :hmmm:
NO! Make me! :P

Ovi denier! :evil:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Strangelove wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: I'm not saying the leaves are a Cup contender, but they're going to make some noise in the next few years. They're a darkhorse team, mark my words.
Thanks for coming out of the closet Todd!!

I've long-suspected you were a Leaf-loving son of a bitch...

Oh fuck ya, ole Todd is always going on about how he's such a big man because he won't drink Canuck koolaid

.... but he-she sure nuff guzzles plenty of whatever the Leaves are serving up these days eh WOT! :thumbs:
Wow, nice man. I say the leaves are a darkhorse playoff team and I'm automatically a Laffs fan? So, any dood on here that says that they think a team like Pittsburgh or San Jose will go far in the playoffs, they automatically become a fan of that team? OMG, u are so desperate, it's kind of pathetic.

For what it's worth, I do like the Laffs. I wouldn't say I'm a Laffs fan, but I do like seeing them do well. When the Canucks are knocked out, I like seeing any other Cdn team do well (whether it be the leaves, Sens, Canadiens, Oilers), I don't care. When was the last Cdn team to win the cup? The Oil in like the early 90s? It has been too long, the Cup deserves to be back in Cdn soil and any Cdn team has my support (Canucks or other).

(that's right, I just called your father a bitch!) :D
So, I was @ your mom's house. I'm calling your mother a whore. She also told me that u sleep over @ Gillis's place regularly. :lol:

Strangelove wrote:HOLY SHIT, THAT'S $500K PER POUND!!! :shock:

SON OF A BITCH!! :lol:

This crazy son of a bitch would pay Byfuglien $32.5m per year!! :wow:

That supposed to be funny? I'm not even going to comment on it, but I have been on record that I would luv to see Buffy in a Canucks uniform. I said before that Buffy is 1 guy I would overpay to get, but I meant in terms of player assets. I guess technically Aqua-man would be paying him, what do I care if we gave Buffy $32M/year. :lol:

Stranglove wrote:Two can play this game you Canuck-hating Leaf-loving son of a bitch...

Like I said, Phaneuf is stupid.

Anyone have any idea why the Toddster identifies with him? :?

Is it the fact his heart belongs to Toronto... or is there more here? :)
So now I'm a "Canuck-hating Leaf-loving son" for:
a) thinking the leaves will be darkhorse playoff team
b) wanting a blueliner with some muscle on the Canucks to throw out there against the likes of the Sharks, Ducks, Kings.

U really are an Einsten, a fuckin genius. Hey Doc, there's lots of room in the Looney bin with me and Dion, u would fit right in. :lol:

Listen Todd, this post is all in good fun, no offense intended okay good buddy? :thumbs:
None taken son. It's all good fun. Like I said before, if u want to take some shots @ someone, just be prepared to take it back. :P
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: None taken son. It's all good fun. Like I said before, if u want to take some shots @ someone, just be prepared to take it back. :P

My God, Bersnoozi that whole post was littered with terrible spelling.

It's "shoughts", Todd... Strangelove should be prepared to take some shoughts back.