Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Lancer wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Of if they traded us Kadri, Franson and Bozak for Luongo.
It may be a tad premature, but I am looking forward to reminding the tools here in Ontario that they could have had Luongo, but they should just settle down and enjoy five more years of genius management.

Let's see Dreger wipe his coz's jizz off his chin and spin this one into something sugary for the masses here.

Nonis may have been a cheeseburger eating fool...but..he is not the worst G.M in the league. That would go to players agent mike gillis...
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Lancer wrote:
It may be a tad premature, but I am looking forward to reminding the tools here in Ontario that they could have had Luongo, but they should just settle down and enjoy five more years of genius management.

Let's see Dreger wipe his coz's jizz off his chin and spin this one into something sugary for the masses here.

Nonis may have been a cheeseburger eating fool...but..he is not the worst G.M in the league. That would go to players agent mike gillis...
I disagree. He may not have proven himself to be the Messiah, but two President's trophies and a Stanley Cup final tells me he cannot be the worst GM in the league.

So far I'd say he's been above average. I still entertain hopes he may prove himself even better than that.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Lancer wrote:

Haven't we been sailing around this buoy enough all summer??? :roll:

Training camp can't start soon enough.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Interesting that they didn't use the compliance buyout on JML and the regular buy out on Komisarek. Would have given them a few more bucks and Komisarek had only one year left.

I do think Bernier gives them the "potential" to have very solid goaltending but so much will depend upon them being a better team defensively overall.

If last season was a full 82 game schedule I still don't think they would have made the playoffs though. They will miss Garbo's production.
The only HW the Canucks need
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

NHL Transactionist ‏@NHLTransactions 1h

FLORIDA PANTHERS: Agreed to terms with forward Steve Pinizzotto on a one- year, two-way contract.
I'm still a little disappointed we ditched Volpatti to keep him.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Benjo wrote:
NHL Transactionist ‏@NHLTransactions 1h

FLORIDA PANTHERS: Agreed to terms with forward Steve Pinizzotto on a one- year, two-way contract.
I'm still a little disappointed we ditched Volpatti to keep him.
Don't forget that the Canucks eventually replaced Volpatti with Sestito... :lol:

Personally, I would take Volpatti over Sestito.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Coyote owners must be getting desperate; they traded the entire team. :?

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-o ... lanc-group
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Things are not looking good for Hodgson.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-sign-Tropp ... n/16998240
Hodgson could become a big problem. He’s represented by one of the sleaziest agents in pro sports, Rich Winter. Winter led Dominik Hasek to many, many poor decisions and he already made Hodgson a guy that just wasn’t worth keeping around by causing problems in Vancouver. I’m not saying this will happen, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the Sabres are pushed to a point where the have to trade the centerman because of Winter.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Jovocop wrote:Things are not looking good for Hodgson.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-sign-Tropp ... n/16998240
Hodgson could become a big problem. He’s represented by one of the sleaziest agents in pro sports, Rich Winter. Winter led Dominik Hasek to many, many poor decisions and he already made Hodgson a guy that just wasn’t worth keeping around by causing problems in Vancouver. I’m not saying this will happen, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the Sabres are pushed to a point where the have to trade the centerman because of Winter.
He does share the same hairdoo as Lindros had....

Maybe Big Daddy Lindros spent some time "delivering the milk" in cottage country about 23 years ago...
If you need air...call it in
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

New Jersey Devils on the brink of bankruptcy
The New Jersey Devils are likely to be taken over by the National Hockey League around the time the season begins next month when teams begin cutting payroll checks unless a buyer for the team quickly steps up, according to multiple sources.

Neither the NHL or the Devils would comment on the situation.

The Devils have $230 million of debt and team owner Jeff Vanderbeek missed the first payment on a recently restructured bank loan. The team’s annual debt payment is around $15 million a year and in the past the Devils have already used prepayments of future revenue streams to pay bills. Andrew Barroway was poised to buy the hockey team and operating rights to the Prudential Center, but withdrew his offer within the past two weeks after getting a closer look at the team’s books.

more: http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian ... ng/looming
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

vic wrote:New Jersey Devils on the brink of bankruptcy
The New Jersey Devils are likely to be taken over by the National Hockey League around the time the season begins next month when teams begin cutting payroll checks unless a buyer for the team quickly steps up, according to multiple sources.

The Devils have $230 million of debt and team owner Jeff Vanderbeek missed the first payment on a recently restructured bank loan. The team’s annual debt payment is around $15 million a year and in the past the Devils have already used prepayments of future revenue streams to pay bills. Andrew Barroway was poised to buy the hockey team and operating rights to the Prudential Center, but withdrew his offer within the past two weeks after getting a closer look at the team’s books.

Move the devils to Quebec City and be done with the bullshit....
Well the anglophonic bullshit anyway. Them French fried fuckers have no end of le shite de bull
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

vic wrote:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/08/08/nh ... ils-report

The cash-strapped New Jersey Devils are on the verge of being sold.

Two suitors are bidding for the team, according to The Bergen Record. One is the ownership group of the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers, led by Joshua Harris. The other is a group led by Philadelphia-based attorney Andrew Barroway. The sale could be completed in the coming days and the club will remain in Newark.

News of the imminent sale came shortly after Forbes reported Thursday morning the league would likely fund and operate the franchise if a buyer wasn’t found by next month.

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman described the report as “inaccurate.”
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Oh nice, does this mean the Devils get a free ride to the Conference final like the Yotes did a couple years ago? :roll:

Remember when the Devils had their '95 Cup parade in the stadium parking lot? :lol:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

NHL - Avalanche sign 20-yr-old captain Gabriel Landeskog to 7-year extension worth reported $39 million
#Avs sign Gabriel Landeskog to 7-year deal. He's the youngest captain in NHL history, being named 11 days younger than #Pens Crosby
Landeskog's deal ($5.57M AAV) is in the same range as Hall, Eberle, Seguin, Skinner, E. Kane. All earned long-term deals out of entry level.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:NHL - Avalanche sign 20-yr-old captain Gabriel Landeskog to 7-year extension worth reported $39 million
#Avs sign Gabriel Landeskog to 7-year deal. He's the youngest captain in NHL history, being named 11 days younger than #Pens Crosby
Landeskog's deal ($5.57M AAV) is in the same range as Hall, Eberle, Seguin, Skinner, E. Kane. All earned long-term deals out of entry level.
Kadri's agent appreciates the extra ammo. :mrgreen:

Yeah, basically I look at everything from a does-this-fuck-up-the-Leaves perspective.

Haters gonna hate. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.