Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What’s going on with that bum Alexis Lafrenierre? 5 games and no points, meanwhile Hoglander says hi.
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:23 pm Image
(credit Svencouver)
You need the coyotes logo on Gomez
Ah fuck this place cracks me up
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

SKYO wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:26 am NHL says fuck Chayka, the former young analytics GM who quit the Coyotes just as the playoffs were about to begin to get a lateral position with the New Jersey Devils with extra powers to control other sports teams under that owners umbrella.
Elliotte Friedman: “John Chayka was offered a position by HBSE, owners of the New Jersey Devils, who also run the 76ers, Crystal Palace + are serious bidders for the NY Mets. Some kind of analytics/sport science leadership role across some/all those platforms.”
NHL comes down hard on former Coyotes GM, John Chayka.

He has been suspended by the commissioner for conduct detrimental to the league and game.

Chayka cannot be involved in NHL business through Dec. 31.

And as a parting gift from Chayka, the team lost numerous draft picks.
Well, punishment came down from the league on Wednesday, in the form of forfeited draft picks.

Specifically, the Coyotes lost their second-round choice in 2020 as well as their first-round selection in 2021, leaving the cupboard extremely bare when it comes to future draft picks
an NHL owner asked Meruelo for permission to speak with Chayka, which the former denied. Chayka reportedly then lied to Meruelo, telling the owner that he wasn’t seeking a position with another team, but seeking to “build relationships with owners in hockey” and “get market knowledge,” according to ESPN. Afterwards, Chayka told Meruelo he sought to be released from his contract, so he could accept a new position with the team, which he said allowed greater opportunities within the Devils’ owners vast sports portfolio.

Meruelo felt “betrayed,” according to ESPN, but offered to discuss the situation after the season. Chayka was skeptical of ownership, and felt that was “unreasonable,” according to the report, which said tensions elevated when Meruelo learned the position Chayka desired was more similar to the one he held Arizona then Chayka had led him to believe.

“This is where things fell apart. The Coyotes felt it was a pattern of misrepresentation,” a source told ESPN. “He tried to finesse it. There are some people that just think they’re the smartest people in the room, and every now and then it comes back to bite them.”

https://nypost.com/2020/07/29/john-chay ... s-pursuit/
Sounds like he's a millenial
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tciso »

BingoTough wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:06 pm Sounds like he's a millenial
Show me the Money!!!!
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

His analysis of his situation assumed his contract was a variable.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Looks like the Blues are trying to trade defenseman Vince Dunn. He's on a a one-year, $1.875 deal. Craig Berube is publicly all over him for poor coverage this young season. Thought to be many teams enquiring.
"evolution"
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Penguins GM Rutherford has resigned! :shock:
Frank Seravelli:

Wow. Pens announce GM Jim Rutherford has resigned for personal reasons.
From the Pens:
Jim Rutherford has resigned as general manager of the Pittsburgh Penguins, citing personal reasons.

Patrik Allvin, the team's assistant general manager, has been promoted to interim GM, and the search for a new GM will begin immediately.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:47 am Penguins GM Rutherford has resigned! :shock:
Frank Seravelli:

From the Pens:
Jim Rutherford has resigned as general manager of the Pittsburgh Penguins, citing personal reasons.

Patrik Allvin, the team's assistant general manager, has been promoted to interim GM, and the search for a new GM will begin immediately.
Pitts has a new GM who will want to make his mark on the team quickly! Let's offer up Loui, Virts, Benn and a 3rd rounder for Crosby and Malkin.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:47 am Penguins GM Rutherford has resigned! :shock:
Frank Seravelli:

From the Pens:

Rutherford was always active. The decisions weren't always the best, but it was never dull. I liked that he didn't get too impressed by the smell of his own shit and was always willing to move on from a mistake. And while he was very active around the margins, he kept Sid and Geno. Doesn't take a genius to draft or hold those guys, but not every GM is able to do it, to say nothing of surrounding them with enough to win Cups.
Hono_rary Canadian
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Lames fans already hacking on Markstrom makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
Ah fuck this place cracks me up
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:37 pm Lames fans already hacking on Markstrom makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
Heard him interviewed. Doesn't even sound like the same guy. Voice seems higher and less accent. Talks way faster.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:40 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:37 pm Lames fans already hacking on Markstrom makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
Heard him interviewed. Doesn't even sound like the same guy. Voice seems higher and less accent. Talks way faster.
It's already happening, he's turning into a hillbilly...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What’s the deal with Lafrenierre? Is he a bust? Is he the 2nd coming of Alexander Daigle? Should have Stutzle gone 1st overall?
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
Megaterio Llamas
CC Legend

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

I have this fat tub in my pool and I was wondering what was wrong...

"I was told that he came in over 300 pounds in training camp. The feeling might be that he's playing at 285."

Nick Kypreos - jump to 35:00

el rey del mambo
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:45 pm What’s the deal with Lafrenierre? Is he a bust? Is he the 2nd coming of Alexander Daigle? Should have Stutzle gone 1st overall?
Could be, but then again I grabbed Jack Hughes in my fantasy league draft and he's up to 7 points in 6 games, so maybe give him a year?