Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:33 pm
Topper wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:00 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:01 am That hit was fine. Raymond was as weak as a 12 year old. No intent at all on that. That should save the Islanders some serious bucks. Lou banishes another guy to Robidas Island.
The hit looked you backdooring your gebil. Shove his head down to bend her over then ram away. Broke back mounted him.
Lol at Huck Finn. Do you still take your musket out into the bushes trying to hunt squirrels and gophers? Wash with a rag on a stick and pack venison and grits for supper? I’m all for getting off the beaten path and out of the city but living in Rock Creek or Greenweird has made you a bit kooky over the years.
:lol:

Hes in the thriving metropolis of GF Doyle....hardly a chicken shit outpost like Cock Reek or Greenwood
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:33 pm
Topper wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:00 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:01 am That hit was fine. Raymond was as weak as a 12 year old. No intent at all on that. That should save the Islanders some serious bucks. Lou banishes another guy to Robidas Island.
The hit looked you backdooring your gebil. Shove his head down to bend her over then ram away. Broke back mounted him.
Lol at Huck Finn. Do you still take your musket out into the bushes trying to hunt squirrels and gophers? Wash with a rag on a stick and pack venison and grits for supper? I’m all for getting off the beaten path and out of the city but living in Rock Creek or Greenweird has made you a bit kooky over the years.
He doesn't live in Rock Creek or Greenwood, so just be careful you don't land in his neck of the woods

... cuz he's armed to the teeth and I hear-tell ole Toppy can hit a gerbil at 100 paces.

____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Megaterio Llamas
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Micky wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:44 am
New York Islanders@NYIslanders
Isles News: After numerous and extensive medical exams, New York Islanders defenseman Johnny Boychuk’s career has come to an end, due to an eye injury suffered during the 2019-20 regular season.
After numerous and extensive medical exams, Johnny Boychuk's career has come to an end, due to an eye injury suffered during the 2019-20 regular season. link ...9:31 AM · Nov 25, 2020
:evil:
wasn't a huge Raymond fan but he was part of the mix that coulda / shoulda, damn it ,cripes...
That was like an inverted vertebreaker, sort of a hybrid spinelock/pile driver, it blew my mind when I saw it. Intelligent adaptation to the hockey arena by Boychuck there, with the boards serving as contact point. Raymond was locked in with no place to go with his neck held securely in a disastrous position. Amazing Raymond was able to escape paralysis from such a ruthless and dangerous move especially considering the clown show that ensued from the Canucks crack medical team in the aftermath there.
el rey del mambo
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:42 pm
That was like an inverted vertebreaker, sort of a hybrid spinelock/pile driver, it blew my mind when I saw it. Intelligent adaptation to the hockey arena by Boychuck there, with the boards serving as contact point. Raymond was locked in with no place to go with his neck held securely in a disastrous position. Amazing Raymond was able to escape paralysis from such a ruthless and dangerous move especially considering the clown show that ensued from the Canucks crack medical team in the aftermath there.
The imagery of Ryan Kesler and Chris Higgins dragging Raymond's motionless lower half back to the bench was nothing short of inspirational. Stretcher shortage in Beantown, no doubt. Image
"evolution"
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

The Wild will be out Mats Zuccarello whenever the season starts, as he had surgery for his arm in November, same arm he injured while with the Stars.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/re ... m-surgery/
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Top Goalie Rankings from the Hockey News

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/the-grea ... Ew6LgVwEOs

- Marky 11th
- Demko 24th

Holtby didn't even make the list. Binnington @ 10th and Talbot @ 18th seems really high for them.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:41 am Top Goalie Rankings from the Hockey News

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/the-grea ... Ew6LgVwEOs

- Marky 11th
- Demko 24th

Holtby didn't even make the list. Binnington @ 10th and Talbot @ 18th seems really high for them.
Marky sucks. He's a flame.
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Micky wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:50 am Marky sucks. He's a flame.
Yeah, I don't think he'll be as good without Ian Clark. I think he'll have a good 2 or 3 years initially, but there will be a decline at the tail end of his contract.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:59 am
Yeah, I don't think he'll be as good without Ian Clark. I think he'll have a good 2 or 3 years initially, but there will be a decline at the tail end of his contract.
Isn't the usual progression for goalies coming to Calgary a decline at the very beginning of the contract, followed by continued suckage until the final year of the deal?

Loved Marky, but after his career progression, I think he caught lightning in a bottle in Vancouver. Much like Christian Ehrhoff - he's worth more to the Canucks than to any other franchise, just because he was a perfect fit.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

ESQ wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:07 pm
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:59 am
Isn't the usual progression for goalies coming to Calgary a decline at the very beginning of the contract, followed by continued suckage until the final year of the deal?

Loved Marky, but after his career progression, I think he caught lightning in a bottle in Vancouver. Much like Christian Ehrhoff - he's worth more to the Canucks than to any other franchise, just because he was a perfect fit.
Exactly. Really good last two years and I guess one could almost say great one last year. Clark was huge for him not to mention how dialed in almost all of his team-mates were in regards to his strengths AND weaknesses .
"evolution"
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Henrik Lundqvist to miss next NHL season due to heart condition
Sportsnet Staff@Sportsnet
December 17, 2020, 1:11 PM-- LINK

Almost 39... maybe should call it a career. Good one too.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Micky wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:20 am Almost 39... maybe should call it a career. Good one too.
Including world championship and olympic gold medals, but he still hasn’t lifted that cup.
From what I’ve understood he was eager to get another shot at it, now with Ovechkin and Bäckström on his side.
Hard to tell whether he’ll quit or undergo surgery or whatever and return next season.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

After six years with the Sharks, Melker Karlsson, the Melkman, returns to Skellefteå in the SHL at age 30.

I’m a bit bummed out. Skellefteå doesn’t deserve getting an NHL calibre player in their lap like that. :evil:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

St. Louis Blues @StLouisBlues
Alexander Steen has announced his retirement from hockey due to a back injury. Steen's NHL career spanned 15 seasons, more than 1,000 NHL games, 454 points and a Stanley Cup in 2019. with the St. Louis Blues.

MORE DETAILS:>>> https://bit.ly/37tBMrX
7:00 AM · Dec 17, 2020
"evolution"
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tciso »

Per wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:37 am
Micky wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:20 am Almost 39... maybe should call it a career. Good one too.
Including world championship and olympic gold medals, but he still hasn’t lifted that cup.
From what I’ve understood he was eager to get another shot at it, now with Ovechkin and Bäckström on his side.
Hard to tell whether he’ll quit or undergo surgery or whatever and return next season.
Washington might be in for a world of hurt. Are they planning on riding Samsonov for the whole season? I don't see a lot o other goalies floating around as UFAs on CapFriendly.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!