Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 27587
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove »

:D
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:39 pm :wow:
Twas classic Dude Sarcasm right there...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
mr perfect
MVP
MVP
Posts: 644
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:32 pm
Location: perfectville

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by mr perfect »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:56 am
Meds wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:41 am Arizona draft pick Mitchell Miller is about to be crucified in the media for being an asshole when he was in grade 9.

Is a shame that the press doesn’t know the meaning of the word discretion.
Yep - sounds like a typical jock-asshole in school (4 years ago). Seems like he's tried to correct for his past, but of course we'll never know. For now, give the kid a chance to prove that he's grown up.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/26/coyotes-p ... classmate/
Found this out on the world wide web:

https://cqrcengage.com/cfchildren/app/d ... 13312880?0

Also JD Burke from Elite Prospect's take on MM, for what it's worth:

https://twitter.com/JDylanBurke/status/ ... 2615796737

The victim's mother has said Miller had been bullying her son since they were seven years old and only two years ago was still making racist comments about her son. The judge also insinuated that there have been more kids Miller has bullied. Doesn't sound like the kid, his parents or his agent have accepted accountability or done enough to show they really are reforming. Of course, if the kid does ever dress in an NHL uniform be it just for an exhibition game, perhaps it should be against Vegas and have him on the ice when Ryan Reeves is out there.
Maybe his parents should partake in an old timers game with Georges Laraque and Donald Brashear dressing for the old timers.
User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20185
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

mr perfect wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:12 pm
Cornuck wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:56 am
Meds wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:41 am Arizona draft pick Mitchell Miller is about to be crucified in the media for being an asshole when he was in grade 9.

Is a shame that the press doesn’t know the meaning of the word discretion.
Yep - sounds like a typical jock-asshole in school (4 years ago). Seems like he's tried to correct for his past, but of course we'll never know. For now, give the kid a chance to prove that he's grown up.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/26/coyotes-p ... classmate/
Found this out on the world wide web:

https://cqrcengage.com/cfchildren/app/d ... 13312880?0

Also JD Burke from Elite Prospect's take on MM, for what it's worth:

https://twitter.com/JDylanBurke/status/ ... 2615796737

The victim's mother has said Miller had been bullying her son since they were seven years old and only two years ago was still making racist comments about her son. The judge also insinuated that there have been more kids Miller has bullied. Doesn't sound like the kid, his parents or his agent have accepted accountability or done enough to show they really are reforming. Of course, if the kid does ever dress in an NHL uniform be it just for an exhibition game, perhaps it should be against Vegas and have him on the ice when Ryan Reeves is out there.
Maybe his parents should partake in an old timers game with Georges Laraque and Donald Brashear dressing for the old timers.
Thanks Mr P. I listened to the morons on the TEAM this morning for a bit and they had a guy on this am who was pretty plugged into this story and wrote an article about it for the Athletic. He also mentioned the systemic bullying this kid had carried on for years. He wasn’t remorseful and laughed at the school administrators when they laid out his punishment. So now he wants to make it right. I don’t care, he’s a piece of shit and I’m glad the team I cheer for didn’t draft this douche regardless of how good he is.

Imagine if that is your kid getting abused like that. This kid is a garbage human being until he proves he isn’t. And this is from a guy who walked the line pretty closely and has seen a few hazing/initiation incidents as I’m sure we all have. We all need to step up and bootfuck the bullies. No place for this bullshit anymore.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 27587
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove »

Coyotes fucking up left, right, and centre...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2788
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Micky wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:20 am Why not Slater Koekkoek? Still pretty young. I think Green might like what " he can bring " when called for and could play bigger minutes when needed. A little hyper maybe but we have great leadership on this team so, WTH. Sure would like to see a little more toughness on the back end. Myers can do it but he gets called for just about everything. Nate Schmidt will be a great addition but still need some sand paper.
Yeah, Koekkoek does seem intriguing. He might be one of the few guys left with some upside. I just think we need a right shot guy more than anything and a guy who can play a steady game to help the bottom pairing (similar to what Fatbenberger bought to the table). I believe solid vets like Hamonic and Jan Ruuta fits what we need better. We already have Juolevi and Rafferty in the guys we're hoping to have the upside.
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4150
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:31 pm
Micky wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:20 am Why not Slater Koekkoek? Still pretty young. I think Green might like what " he can bring " when called for and could play bigger minutes when needed. A little hyper maybe but we have great leadership on this team so, WTH. Sure would like to see a little more toughness on the back end. Myers can do it but he gets called for just about everything. Nate Schmidt will be a great addition but still need some sand paper.
Yeah, Koekkoek does seem intriguing. He might be one of the few guys left with some upside. I just think we need a right shot guy more than anything and a guy who can play a steady game to help the bottom pairing (similar to what Fatbenberger bought to the table). I believe solid vets like Hamonic and Jan Ruuta fits what we need better. We already have Juolevi and Rafferty in the guys we're hoping to have the upside.
Fat burger was anything but ‘steady’. Some of the worst underlaying numbers on the team, and failed the eye test.

I recall exacty 8 shifts last year when he was NOT hemmed in our zone and practicing his Chinese during the fire drill. 6-7 guys are a dime a dozen. He wasn’t worth a nickel, which is why he took what he could find NOT in the NHL.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
Megaterio Llamas
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2652
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:23 am
Location: North Shore

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:31 pm
Micky wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:20 am Why not Slater Koekkoek? Still pretty young. I think Green might like what " he can bring " when called for and could play bigger minutes when needed. A little hyper maybe but we have great leadership on this team so, WTH. Sure would like to see a little more toughness on the back end. Myers can do it but he gets called for just about everything. Nate Schmidt will be a great addition but still need some sand paper.
Yeah, Koekkoek does seem intriguing. He might be one of the few guys left with some upside. I just think we need a right shot guy more than anything and a guy who can play a steady game to help the bottom pairing (similar to what Fatbenberger bought to the table). I believe solid vets like Hamonic and Jan Ruuta fits what we need better. We already have Juolevi and Rafferty in the guys we're hoping to have the upside.
I'm really not cuckoo for Slater. He has the markings of another Derek Pouliot, a failed high draft pick who 'just needs the right opportunity.' Luckily he didn't play in the Dub or Jimmy may have taken the bait there. We probably dodged a bullet.
el rey del mambo
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2788
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:41 pm Fat burger was anything but ‘steady’. Some of the worst underlaying numbers on the team, and failed the eye test.

I recall exacty 8 shifts last year when he was NOT hemmed in our zone and practicing his Chinese during the fire drill. 6-7 guys are a dime a dozen. He wasn’t worth a nickel, which is why he took what he could find NOT in the NHL.
Fatenberger was way more steady than the personnel of our previous D-core: Del Zotto, Hutty, Pooalot, even Gudbranson. Heck, I liked 3 of those guys. :P

Fatenberg was good enuff to steal Jordie Benn's spot on the 3rd pairing, a guy making over 2X more than him. He won Coach Green's trust, playing regular minutes and was deployed on the 2nd unit PK, that's saying something.
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:50 pm I'm really not cuckoo for Slater. He has the markings of another Derek Pouliot, a failed high draft pick who 'just needs the right opportunity.' Luckily he didn't play in the Dub or Jimmy may have taken the bait there. We probably dodged a bullet.
Agreed, if we didn't have Benn already, then maybe; however, If he's willing to sign a 2-way deal like Hawryluk, I'd take him. We should probably give our young guys a chance over another project though.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1132
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by theman »

The Arizona Coyotes have renounced the rights for 2020 draft pick Mitchell Miller.

Hope you like Europe, perhaps go to KHL, pretty sure they will be much more aligned with your points of view on society.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/co ... ll-miller/
User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20185
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

That was quick. It wasn’t a one off for this guy. He terrorized that kid all through school and did not personally apologize or show any remorse for his actions. I’ve done a lot of stupid shit and made a shitload of mistakes over the years. But this cat is pure evil and this isn’t something he did. This is who he is.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9592
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Cornuck »

I'm glad that Benning drafts with a keen focus on Character - guys like Brock.
2019-20 - Playoff Bound
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 27587
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove »

theman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:41 am The Arizona Coyotes have renounced the rights for 2020 draft pick Mitchell Miller.

Hope you like Europe, perhaps go to KHL, pretty sure they will be much more aligned with your points of view on society.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/co ... ll-miller/
Like I said, Coyotes fucking up left, right, and centre.

They now have the stigma of drafting this guy to go with the stigma of cheating pre-Combine.

POOF goes their 4th round pick, just like the first 3 picks.

1st round pick wasted on a half-season of Taylor Hall (2021 3rd also given up in that rental).

2nd round pick forfeited for illegal testing of draft-eligible prospects (2021 1st also forfeited).

3rd round pick traded for one year of Old Man Soderberg.

4th round pick gone too now with this latest fiasco.

Plus they upset their fans and franchise player OEL by pushing him to waive his NMC.

Yes I know ex-GM Chayka and new GM Armstrong share in the blame, but damn it must be tough to be a Coyotes fan!
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Lucky for Arizona, they're in Arizona. Can you imagine if those fuckups happened here.


Think they did the right thing with this kid though. While I hate judging anybody for shit they did in their early teens, much of what he did is simply inexcusable no matter what age. Doubt he ever gets a sniff in the bigs, probably long shot anyway as a 4th round draftee, but would've liked to seen his first game against Reaves.
User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 12441
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:14 pm I'm glad that Benning drafts with a keen focus on Character - guys like Brock.
I have to agree there.

I actually cant think of one draftee that Benning has drafted who is a dooshbag
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:10 pm I actually cant think of one draftee that Benning has drafted who is a dooshbag

That is unless you consider a Trump supporter a douche ;) , in which case we sent one away last year...tho just signed the other.
Post Reply