Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:29 pm Devon Toews to COL for 2x2nd rnd picks
Legit top 4 young D man. Sakic is a gem. The dumb dumbs who like to piss away picks don’t understand the value of them as trade capital. Elmer is looking for his Mickey
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Erik Gustafsson gone to the Flyers 1 year @ $3mil. I would have done that.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:03 pm Erik Gustafsson gone to the Flyers 1 year @ $3mil. I would have done that.
Meh... not so sure. He an offence guy that needs the pp reps that QH will get. Hopefully Elmer can stumble into a couple competent D men. I doubt Hughes and Pettersson want to just chalk it up to a rebuilding year(s), and Benning doesn’t have a shitload of rope.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:20 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:03 pm Erik Gustafsson gone to the Flyers 1 year @ $3mil. I would have done that.
Meh... not so sure. He an offence guy that needs the pp reps that QH will get. Hopefully Elmer can stumble into a couple competent D men. I doubt Hughes and Pettersson want to just chalk it up to a rebuilding year(s), and Benning doesn’t have a shitload of rope.
The rumors that the Canucks are interested in Sami Vatenen are still there but that aint great. 29 and declining. Five foot ten and a give-away king.
"evolution"
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:29 pm
The rumors that the Canucks are interested in Sami Vatenen are still there but that aint great. 29 and declining. Five foot ten and a give-away king.
Benning’s rotten contracts have come back to roost. I could care less if they take a step back next year but I can’t see Petey and Hughes being impressed with five regulars jumping ship and only one guy being replaced. Long term we have two cornerstone guys to build around but we still have so many poisonous contracts to weave around the next two years. By that time LA is good again and Anaheim might be getting decent. AsxI said get someone to run the cash. Benning is good at drafting and that is where they should focus him. They’ve needed a bookkeeper forever
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Lucas Wallmark to the Hawks for 900 K. Pretty much better than our entire bottom six. Is anyone even awake in Canucks management? Asleep at the wheel. But we got Beags and Sutts! :lol:
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:56 pm Lucas Wallmark to the Hawks for 900 K. Pretty much better than our entire bottom six. Is anyone even awake in Canucks management? Asleep at the wheel. But we got Beags and Sutts! :lol:
Great Value
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:51 pm
Micky wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:29 pm
Benning’s rotten contracts have come back to roost. I could care less if they take a step back next year but I can’t see Petey and Hughes being impressed with five regulars jumping ship and only one guy being replaced. Long term we have two cornerstone guys to build around but we still have so many poisonous contracts to weave around the next two years. By that time LA is good again and Anaheim might be getting decent. AsxI said get someone to run the cash. Benning is good at drafting and that is where they should focus him. They’ve needed a bookkeeper forever

This is less the bad contracts coming home to roost and more JB/ owners are not spending. A bunch of people were chirping Earlier ‘ ownership better take away the chequebook if FA’ and because of COVID, they did just that. Now people are bitching.

Y’all need to chill
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:56 pm Lucas Wallmark to the Hawks for 900 K. Pretty much better than our entire bottom six. Is anyone even awake in Canucks management? Asleep at the wheel. But we got Beags and Sutts! :lol:
Agreed.

(EDIT: I don't think GMJB is asleep at the wheel on Wallmark. I think that Wallmark's not an option because our plugs are plugging up spots and unmovable. Criticize the bottom 6 -- what their paid or who they are -- but you can't change what you did).
Last edited by UWSaint on Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hono_rary Canadian
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:34 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:29 pm Devon Toews to COL for 2x2nd rnd picks
Legit top 4 young D man. Sakic is a gem. The dumb dumbs who like to piss away picks don’t understand the value of them as trade capital. Elmer is looking for his Mickey
Agree that Sakic is a gem. What he's done has been unbelievable, and he's gotten his deals done by only dealing when he's in the superior negotiating position.

And still the Isles need to move people (I think).
Hono_rary Canadian
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:34 am Unless the cap starts going up, the Canucks aren’t adding many players with large contracts for many years. As the bad deals come off the books all of their salaries will be taken by resigning RFAs, Petey, Hughes, Demko next year, Boeser the year after.
That's not quite right.

2021 -- Off the books, just N of $20M + Kraken selection (Sutter, Edler, Benn, Pearson, Spooner buyout, Baertschi). Demko's not going to be back breaking pricy based on one year as a 1A or 1B. This doesn't get eaten up entirely unless Canucks decide to go max with Pettersson and Hughes and they each push for $10M. Only Pearson and Benn are providing the Canucks significant above replacement value. The price for what we got for Edler is going down. And there's cap space at the moment unused this year. Rarely does a team have two superstars to sign off ELC's with so much dead weight coming off the books to make it easier. And does Eriksson really hang around to make $1 million in real dollars?

2022 -- Here's where you are really off. Three replacement players (Beagle, Roussel, and Eriksson) and Luongo's recapture penalty come off the books. That's $15 million. Brock is going to make, what, $2 million more? $3 million? On top of that, Holtby is gone (if not taken by Seattle) and we should assume Demko's firmly established and the total tender tag isn't going to go up compared to today.

The Canucks cap situation is very manageable post-ELC. That's the good part of having some crappy contracts today....
Hono_rary Canadian
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

UWSaint wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:32 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:34 am Unless the cap starts going up, the Canucks aren’t adding many players with large contracts for many years. As the bad deals come off the books all of their salaries will be taken by resigning RFAs, Petey, Hughes, Demko next year, Boeser the year after.
That's not quite right.

2021 -- Off the books, just N of $20M + Kraken selection (Sutter, Edler, Benn, Pearson, Spooner buyout, Baertschi). Demko's not going to be back breaking pricy based on one year as a 1A or 1B. This doesn't get eaten up entirely unless Canucks decide to go max with Pettersson and Hughes and they each push for $10M. Only Pearson and Benn are providing the Canucks significant above replacement value. The price for what we got for Edler is going down. And there's cap space at the moment unused this year. Rarely does a team have two superstars to sign off ELC's with so much dead weight coming off the books to make it easier. And does Eriksson really hang around to make $1 million in real dollars?

2022 -- Here's where you are really off. Three replacement players (Beagle, Roussel, and Eriksson) and Luongo's recapture penalty come off the books. That's $15 million. Brock is going to make, what, $2 million more? $3 million? On top of that, Holtby is gone (if not taken by Seattle) and we should assume Demko's firmly established and the total tender tag isn't going to go up compared to today.

The Canucks cap situation is very manageable post-ELC. That's the good part of having some crappy contracts today....
Either way, a financial guy has to come on board. Jim is great at finding young talent but he’s a financial mongoloid.
Megaterio Llamas
CC Legend

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Cory Schneider to the Isles for $700,000

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/statu ... 21317?s=20
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
CC Legend

Local kid Devon Toews to the Avs for two second round draft picks :(

https://www.nhl.com/avalanche/news/aval ... -319438016
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
CC Legend

Pietrangelo signs with Vegas for $8.8 x 7

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/statu ... 44576?s=20
el rey del mambo