Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20180
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:27 am To be honest, it's pretty difficult criticizing other team's management or individuals when the Canucks are being run by Benning and Weisbrod.
A few things to keep in mind with the Chef, Mr Curmudgeon.

He hates hard nosed, mean physical players, former and current. That mulitplies double and triple if they are Canadians from BC.

He generally thinks most if not all players and prospects on the other 29 teams suck.

He can’t stand Canada’s entry into the WJC regardless of what year it is and actively roots against them. He has told everyone for years that the US is developing better players than Canada. The results certainly haven’t bared this out.

All other managers in the league except Jim Benning are doing a shitty job according to the Chef.

He is a master of fabrication, a master builder of goalposts who’s very skilled at putting them up and taking them down and moving them all over the field.

He absolutely hates random players like Mackinnon, ROR, Ekblad, young Bowen Byram, among many others..
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:23 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Curmudgeon »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:15 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:27 am To be honest, it's pretty difficult criticizing other team's management or individuals when the Canucks are being run by Benning and Weisbrod.
A few things to keep in mind with the Chef, Mr Curmudgeon.

He hates hard nosed, mean physical players, former and current. That mulitplies double and triple if they are Canadians from BC.

He generally thinks most if not all players and prospects on the other 29 teams suck.

He can’t stand Canada’s entry into the WJC regardless of what year it is and actively roots against them. He has told everyone for years that the US is developing better players than Canada. The results certainly haven’t bared this out.

All other managers in the league except Jim Benning are doing a shitty job according to the Chef.

He is a master of fabrication, a master builder of goalposts who’s very skilled at putting them up and taking them down and moving them all over the field.

He absolutely hates random players like Mackinnon, ROR, Ekblad, young Bowen Byram, among many others..
Lol, didn't I see him on another board? Thanks for the heads-up.
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 19163
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:55 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:15 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:27 am To be honest, it's pretty difficult criticizing other team's management or individuals when the Canucks are being run by Benning and Weisbrod.
A few things to keep in mind with the Chef, Mr Curmudgeon.

He hates hard nosed, mean physical players, former and current. That mulitplies double and triple if they are Canadians from BC.

He generally thinks most if not all players and prospects on the other 29 teams suck.

He can’t stand Canada’s entry into the WJC regardless of what year it is and actively roots against them. He has told everyone for years that the US is developing better players than Canada. The results certainly haven’t bared this out.

All other managers in the league except Jim Benning are doing a shitty job according to the Chef.

He is a master of fabrication, a master builder of goalposts who’s very skilled at putting them up and taking them down and moving them all over the field.

He absolutely hates random players like Mackinnon, ROR, Ekblad, young Bowen Byram, among many others..
Lol, didn't I see him on another board? Thanks for the heads-up.
Doyle has been very angry since Gillis was fired. Doyle coined the term “the Urine Crew” in reference to anyone who ever criticized Gillis.

Ryan Clowe was Doyles Gordie Howe, loved him greatly. He is also a massive fan of a Jamie McGinn and wanted to litter our line up with Jamie McGinns

Doyle grew up on a regular diet of Frosted Malts and Hot Dogs bought at Willie Woozles in Coquitlam centre where he bullied handicap kids at Toys R Us. Doyle reached 5’-10” 247 lbs at the age of 13 just before highschool
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:23 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Curmudgeon »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:13 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:55 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:15 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:27 am To be honest, it's pretty difficult criticizing other team's management or individuals when the Canucks are being run by Benning and Weisbrod.
A few things to keep in mind with the Chef, Mr Curmudgeon.

He hates hard nosed, mean physical players, former and current. That mulitplies double and triple if they are Canadians from BC.

He generally thinks most if not all players and prospects on the other 29 teams suck.

He can’t stand Canada’s entry into the WJC regardless of what year it is and actively roots against them. He has told everyone for years that the US is developing better players than Canada. The results certainly haven’t bared this out.

All other managers in the league except Jim Benning are doing a shitty job according to the Chef.

He is a master of fabrication, a master builder of goalposts who’s very skilled at putting them up and taking them down and moving them all over the field.

He absolutely hates random players like Mackinnon, ROR, Ekblad, young Bowen Byram, among many others..
Lol, didn't I see him on another board? Thanks for the heads-up.
Doyle has been very angry since Gillis was fired. Doyle coined the term “the Urine Crew” in reference to anyone who ever criticized Gillis.

Ryan Clowe was Doyles Gordie Howe, loved him greatly. He is also a massive fan of a Jamie McGinn and wanted to litter our line up with Jamie McGinns

Doyle grew up on a regular diet of Frosted Malts and Hot Dogs bought at Willie Woozles in Coquitlam centre where he bullied handicap kids at Toys R Us. Doyle reached 5’-10” 247 lbs at the age of 13 just before highschool
I'm starting to think Doyle might just be your alt account. lol
User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 12425
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:13 pm
Doyle grew up on a regular diet of Frosted Malts and Hot Dogs bought at Willie Woozles in Coquitlam centre where he bullied handicap kids at Toys R Us. Doyle reached 5’-10” 247 lbs at the age of 13 just before highschool
:lol:
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 10929
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by rats19 »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:29 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:13 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:55 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:15 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:27 am To be honest, it's pretty difficult criticizing other team's management or individuals when the Canucks are being run by Benning and Weisbrod.
A few things to keep in mind with the Chef, Mr Curmudgeon.

He hates hard nosed, mean physical players, former and current. That mulitplies double and triple if they are Canadians from BC.

He generally thinks most if not all players and prospects on the other 29 teams suck.

He can’t stand Canada’s entry into the WJC regardless of what year it is and actively roots against them. He has told everyone for years that the US is developing better players than Canada. The results certainly haven’t bared this out.

All other managers in the league except Jim Benning are doing a shitty job according to the Chef.

He is a master of fabrication, a master builder of goalposts who’s very skilled at putting them up and taking them down and moving them all over the field.

He absolutely hates random players like Mackinnon, ROR, Ekblad, young Bowen Byram, among many others..
Lol, didn't I see him on another board? Thanks for the heads-up.
Doyle has been very angry since Gillis was fired. Doyle coined the term “the Urine Crew” in reference to anyone who ever criticized Gillis.

Ryan Clowe was Doyles Gordie Howe, loved him greatly. He is also a massive fan of a Jamie McGinn and wanted to litter our line up with Jamie McGinns

Doyle grew up on a regular diet of Frosted Malts and Hot Dogs bought at Willie Woozles in Coquitlam centre where he bullied handicap kids at Toys R Us. Doyle reached 5’-10” 247 lbs at the age of 13 just before highschool
I'm starting to think Doyle might just be your alt account. lol
Nah they lob grenades at each other non/stop for our entertainment of course :mex:
Getting old is not for the young...
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13805
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Micky »

Аrpon Basu@ArponBasu
League sources have told TheAthletic Mtl that multiple Canadiens players have tested positive for COVID-19:

Sources: Multiple Montreal Canadiens players test positive...
With camps set to open and the deadline looming for players to opt out of playing, sources say several Canadiens have tested positive
theathletic.com
3:42 PM · Jul 12, 2020
I wouldn't be surprised to see more of this over the next couple of days. Twenty four cities for camps.
At least Players are practicing again.
"evolution"
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13805
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Micky »

Pittsburgh Penguins@penguins
The Pittsburgh Penguins will be voluntarily sidelining nine players from their training camp roster due to potential secondary exposure to an individual who had contact with a person that has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus. (1 of 3)
7:46 AM · Jul 13, 2020
Taking no chances at all.
________________________________________________________________________________________
Frank Seravalli@frank_seravalli
Nolan Patrick, the No. 2 overall pick in 2017 Draft who sat out this season with a migraine disorder, is not on the Flyers’ camp roster.

Patrick has not played an NHL game since April 2, 2019 - a span of 468 days, including the 142-day pause during the pandemic.
6:43 AM · Jul 13, 2020·
________________________________________________________________________________________
Minnesota Wild@mnwild
i̵n̵t̵e̵r̵i̵m̵ Head Coach Dean Evason.
NEWS: The Wild has named Dean Evason its full-time Head Coach.
________________________________________________________________________________________
Minnesota Wild
NEWS: The #mnwild announced the club has signed forward Kirill Kaprizov to a two-year, entry-level contract starting with the 2019-20 season.
Little guy, over a point a game in the KHL. Dynamic small player.
"evolution"
User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20180
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:13 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:55 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:15 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:27 am To be honest, it's pretty difficult criticizing other team's management or individuals when the Canucks are being run by Benning and Weisbrod.
A few things to keep in mind with the Chef, Mr Curmudgeon.

He hates hard nosed, mean physical players, former and current. That mulitplies double and triple if they are Canadians from BC.

He generally thinks most if not all players and prospects on the other 29 teams suck.

He can’t stand Canada’s entry into the WJC regardless of what year it is and actively roots against them. He has told everyone for years that the US is developing better players than Canada. The results certainly haven’t bared this out.

All other managers in the league except Jim Benning are doing a shitty job according to the Chef.

He is a master of fabrication, a master builder of goalposts who’s very skilled at putting them up and taking them down and moving them all over the field.

He absolutely hates random players like Mackinnon, ROR, Ekblad, young Bowen Byram, among many others..
Lol, didn't I see him on another board? Thanks for the heads-up.
Doyle has been very angry since Gillis was fired. Doyle coined the term “the Urine Crew” in reference to anyone who ever criticized Gillis.

Ryan Clowe was Doyles Gordie Howe, loved him greatly. He is also a massive fan of a Jamie McGinn and wanted to litter our line up with Jamie McGinns

Doyle grew up on a regular diet of Frosted Malts and Hot Dogs bought at Willie Woozles in Coquitlam centre where he bullied handicap kids at Toys R Us. Doyle reached 5’-10” 247 lbs at the age of 13 just before highschool
When is the last time you cheered for Canada in Men’s hockey or Juniors? I’m thinking a minimum of ten years. Your wife’s American relatives swaying you that much?
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 12425
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Willy Woozle was the best! The orange Julius smoothie cartel ran them right outta business...
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
User avatar
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:13 pm Doyle grew up on a regular diet of Frosted Malts and Hot Dogs bought at Willie Woozles in Coquitlam centre where he bullied handicap kids at Toys R Us. Doyle reached 5’-10” 247 lbs at the age of 13 just before highschool
Fact Checked for Accuracy: Willy Woozle was located in Westwood Mall. It was a staple of this glorified strip mall from the time of Kmart through Liquidation World (or whatever it was called) and made an excessively processed yet incomprehensibly delightful bacon cheese dog that consisted of: weiners made solely from lips and ass; some form of cheese slice/cheeze whiz/gelatinous cheese; "simulated" bacon bits; and a slightly stale bun no doubt from the factory responsible for wonderbread. I believe the Woozle, as well as the last decent local arcade, was finally displaced by the Sport Chek additon - now Winners. Also, the toy store in Coquitlam Centre was Toys & Wheels, not Toys R Us. Cannot confirm if Doyle was the bully or one of the bullied handicapped kids.
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 19163
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rocky Dennis wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:31 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:13 pm Doyle grew up on a regular diet of Frosted Malts and Hot Dogs bought at Willie Woozles in Coquitlam centre where he bullied handicap kids at Toys R Us. Doyle reached 5’-10” 247 lbs at the age of 13 just before highschool
Fact Checked for Accuracy: Willy Woozle was located in Westwood Mall. It was a staple of this glorified strip mall from the time of Kmart through Liquidation World (or whatever it was called) and made an excessively processed yet incomprehensibly delightful bacon cheese dog that consisted of: weiners made solely from lips and ass; some form of cheese slice/cheeze whiz/gelatinous cheese; "simulated" bacon bits; and a slightly stale bun no doubt from the factory responsible for wonderbread. I believe the Woozle, as well as the last decent local arcade, was finally displaced by the Sport Chek additon - now Winners. Also, the toy store in Coquitlam Centre was Toys & Wheels, not Toys R Us. Cannot confirm if Doyle was the bully or one of the bullied handicapped kids.
A little off the mark. Doyle was a legend in them parts. The 5’-10 247 lb bully was taking quarters from small kids at the arcade all time. Had frosted malt stains on his shirt always
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20180
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Rocky Dennis wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:31 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:13 pm Doyle grew up on a regular diet of Frosted Malts and Hot Dogs bought at Willie Woozles in Coquitlam centre where he bullied handicap kids at Toys R Us. Doyle reached 5’-10” 247 lbs at the age of 13 just before highschool
Fact Checked for Accuracy: Willy Woozle was located in Westwood Mall. It was a staple of this glorified strip mall from the time of Kmart through Liquidation World (or whatever it was called) and made an excessively processed yet incomprehensibly delightful bacon cheese dog that consisted of: weiners made solely from lips and ass; some form of cheese slice/cheeze whiz/gelatinous cheese; "simulated" bacon bits; and a slightly stale bun no doubt from the factory responsible for wonderbread. I believe the Woozle, as well as the last decent local arcade, was finally displaced by the Sport Chek additon - now Winners. Also, the toy store in Coquitlam Centre was Toys & Wheels, not Toys R Us. Cannot confirm if Doyle was the bully or one of the bullied handicapped kids.
The last decent arcade was Little Vegas by Aggie Park (Sabatine Field). San Remo’s Pizza is there now. Butlers used to be on the end of that strip. Friscos was kiddie corner to where San Remos is now.

There was also another arcade in the downtown area on the corner of Mary Hill Rd and McCallister.

lol no the arcade bully was a local legend by the initials DM. Toughest kid in town for many years.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
User avatar
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:25 am
Rocky Dennis wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:31 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:13 pm Doyle grew up on a regular diet of Frosted Malts and Hot Dogs bought at Willie Woozles in Coquitlam centre where he bullied handicap kids at Toys R Us. Doyle reached 5’-10” 247 lbs at the age of 13 just before highschool
Fact Checked for Accuracy: Willy Woozle was located in Westwood Mall. It was a staple of this glorified strip mall from the time of Kmart through Liquidation World (or whatever it was called) and made an excessively processed yet incomprehensibly delightful bacon cheese dog that consisted of: weiners made solely from lips and ass; some form of cheese slice/cheeze whiz/gelatinous cheese; "simulated" bacon bits; and a slightly stale bun no doubt from the factory responsible for wonderbread. I believe the Woozle, as well as the last decent local arcade, was finally displaced by the Sport Chek additon - now Winners. Also, the toy store in Coquitlam Centre was Toys & Wheels, not Toys R Us. Cannot confirm if Doyle was the bully or one of the bullied handicapped kids.
The last decent arcade was Little Vegas by Aggie Park (Sabatine Field). San Remo’s Pizza is there now. Butlers used to be on the end of that strip. Friscos was kiddie corner to where San Remos is now.

There was also another arcade in the downtown area on the corner of Mary Hill Rd and McCallister.

lol no the arcade bully was a local legend by the initials DM. Toughest kid in town for many years.
Dude, there was and still is a sizable portion of the poco population sporting malt and sweat stained shirts and/or wifebeaters. So that there's a tough marker to identify one single resident. My memory ain't what it used to be so I stand to be corrected, but depending on age, Doyle could be said squat, prematurely balding, local arcade bully parlaying stolen coins into three-letter-initial high scores on Dragon's Lair and Tron. If he was older, perhaps he's responsible for the weekly friday night shankings at Butlers which were no doubt followed up with a short jaunt down the block for a thick pie from the Remo Room on his way for luke warm sleeve from Frisco's Ballroom, served in a glass with cigarette ash residue and still marked with fingerprints and lipstick. You two might be kindred spirits because that sounds a lot like sone of your adventures in the DTES.

I did say "decent" arcade. Both of those Doyle mentioned were located in the north/south central slums. No place for respectable youth, or those who didn't want their quarters stolen.

Same crew if we're on the same page but for my money PM was, and could very well still be, the toughest hombre in those parts.
User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20180
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Would PM be a bit younger than myself? Like around 47, 48 ish? Has two older brothers initials MM, AM? Irish family?

Another tough fucker was MK a year ahead of myself. He did a year in jail for bashing a pallet over a biker’s dome as an 18 year old kid in the late 80s outside Frisco’s Beer & Wine store.
Last edited by Doyle Hargraves on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Post Reply