Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6196
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Arachnid » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:27 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
tantalum wrote:Thanks!

I'd given up long ago on being the best poster. I've decided I'm very happy in putting minimal effort into my posts. I've certainly stopped caring about such things as spelling and grammar. Etc etc etc. Hell I recently turned down a pretty big promotion simply because we didn't want to uproot our family. I understand completely the putting family ahead of career. I'm happy in my decreased career trajectory because it allows me to spend far more time with the family (others have opposite motivations). Then again, because I am happy with that means you likely don't want me running the company because I'm simply not motivated to be the best of the best (doesn't mean I'm not motivated to do my job the best I can). Same as this case...you'd much rather have the guy who wants to be a part of that pinnacle than one content with a lesser professional prize (but higher personal prize).
You're putting in way too much effort explaining to someone who does things like bringing his own personal Pom poms to Joe Louis arena
shut the fuck up limp dick, those were souvenirs from Bert's mum

:D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6196
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Arachnid » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:30 pm

tantalum wrote:Thanks!

I'd given up long ago on being the best poster. I've decided I'm very happy in putting minimal effort into my posts. I've certainly stopped caring about such things as spelling and grammar. Etc etc etc. Hell I recently turned down a pretty big promotion simply because we didn't want to uproot our family. I understand completely the putting family ahead of career. I'm happy in my decreased career trajectory because it allows me to spend far more time with the family (others have opposite motivations). Then again, because I am happy with that means you likely don't want me running the company because I'm simply not motivated to be the best of the best (doesn't mean I'm not motivated to do my job the best I can). Same as this case...you'd much rather have the guy who wants to be a part of that pinnacle than one content with a lesser professional prize (but higher personal prize).
:thumbs:

You coulda just said...'I don't give a fuck'

Kinda like that asshat Mike Gillis

Worst General Manager in Canuck history!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

User avatar
5thhorseman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1089
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by 5thhorseman » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:30 pm

tantalum wrote:... because I am happy with that means you likely don't want me running the company because I'm simply not motivated to be the best of the best ...
Hear hear! Kinda reminds me of what Bill Gates said: I will always chose a lazy person to do a difficult job, because, he will find an easy way to do it.

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11928
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by RoyalDude » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:42 pm

Arachnid wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
tantalum wrote:Thanks!

I'd given up long ago on being the best poster. I've decided I'm very happy in putting minimal effort into my posts. I've certainly stopped caring about such things as spelling and grammar. Etc etc etc. Hell I recently turned down a pretty big promotion simply because we didn't want to uproot our family. I understand completely the putting family ahead of career. I'm happy in my decreased career trajectory because it allows me to spend far more time with the family (others have opposite motivations). Then again, because I am happy with that means you likely don't want me running the company because I'm simply not motivated to be the best of the best (doesn't mean I'm not motivated to do my job the best I can). Same as this case...you'd much rather have the guy who wants to be a part of that pinnacle than one content with a lesser professional prize (but higher personal prize).
You're putting in way too much effort explaining to someone who does things like bringing his own personal Pom poms to Joe Louis arena
shut the fuck up limp dick, those were souvenirs from Bert's mum

:D
Give us an S
Give us a P
Give us an I
Give us a D
Give us an E
Give us a Y

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay SPIDEY!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1614
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Potatoe1 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:17 pm

Arachnid wrote: Congratulations upon reaching the pinnacle of mediocrity in your posting career.

8-)

lol Are you for real?

You have contributed basically zero to the "hockey talk" discourse over the past 10 years, yet have the balls to criticise a consistently good poster like Tant....

How about you shuffle back to the trash section of this forum where you belong.

User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by tantalum » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:25 pm

Thanks Pot. they can go on if they like, they've essentially been on ignore in my mind for quite some time. Every once in awhile I like to feed them some scraps of attention.

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9876
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Topper » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:41 pm

tantalum wrote: I've certainly stopped caring about such things as spelling and grammar.
Horseshit.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11928
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by RoyalDude » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Topper wrote:
tantalum wrote: I've certainly stopped caring about such things as spelling and grammar.
Horseshit.
Toppers got Spideys back
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11928
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by RoyalDude » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:46 pm

Potatoe1 wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Congratulations upon reaching the pinnacle of mediocrity in your posting career.

8-)

lol Are you for real?

You have contributed basically zero to the "hockey talk" discourse over the past 10 years, yet have the balls to criticise a consistently good poster like Tant....

How about you shuffle back to the trash section of this forum where you belong.
+1

Tant and I have had our disagreements, well I disagree with everybody myself included, but Tant is quality hockey talk whereas SPIDEY...? Not much to add to Pots post, says it all
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6196
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Arachnid » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:06 am

Potatoe1 wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Congratulations upon reaching the pinnacle of mediocrity in your posting career.

8-)

lol Are you for real?

You have contributed basically zero to the "hockey talk" discourse over the past 10 years, yet have the balls to criticise a consistently good poster like Tant....

How about you shuffle back to the trash section of this forum where you belong.
:D

Well you can be king shit on Your Canucks Message Board all you want Ms. spudhead, I'm sure where you come from hockey bullshit ( and let's not kid ourselves, it's all bullshit on here as it's just a bunch of amateur fans posting their opinions) is highlight of your life.

As you freely admit you can not understand my sense of humour. Why start now?

Anal much? 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1614
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Potatoe1 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:42 am

Arachnid wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Congratulations upon reaching the pinnacle of mediocrity in your posting career.

8-)

lol Are you for real?

You have contributed basically zero to the "hockey talk" discourse over the past 10 years, yet have the balls to criticise a consistently good poster like Tant....

How about you shuffle back to the trash section of this forum where you belong.
:D

Well you can be king shit on Your Canucks Message Board all you want Ms. spudhead, I'm sure where you come from hockey bullshit ( and let's not kid ourselves, it's all bullshit on here as it's just a bunch of amateur fans posting their opinions) is highlight of your life.

As you freely admit you can not understand my sense of humour. Why start now?

Anal much? 8-)

Are you still here?

User avatar
ORCA
CC Veteran
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:12 pm
Location: Right Behind You

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by ORCA » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:45 am

ORCA wrote:
Arachnid wrote: OMG! :shock:

Gorcaca is a Laugh fan

*shrieks and points at him like Invasion of the Body Takers*
Image

:mex:
:lol: Pot...
That's the second bitch slap Spidey has gotten in this thread in like 3 days!
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Killer Whale

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11928
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by RoyalDude » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:56 am

Arachnid wrote:
As you freely admit you can not understand my sense of humour. Why start now?

Anal much? 8-)
What sense of humour?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6196
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Arachnid » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:05 am

ORCA wrote:
ORCA wrote:
Arachnid wrote: OMG! :shock:

Gorcaca is a Laugh fan

*shrieks and points at him like Invasion of the Body Takers*
Image

:mex:
:lol: Pot...
That's the second bitch slap Spidey has gotten in this thread in like 3 days!
That's pretty fun...no wait...that's the second time?! :shock:

Putting it into perspective here...patootie was pulled out of school in grade 8 after he embarassed her in a spelling bee, it was straight to work in the coal mines then...no Tant I like and if he had an original clever zinger in him I would consider it an hounor, this is no slap, it's like getting an STD from a virgin geisha :eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6196
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Arachnid » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:06 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
As you freely admit you can not understand my sense of humour. Why start now?

Anal much? 8-)
What sense of humour?
The one that finds it funny to watch you pathetically drink yourself to death whilst posting hatred?! :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

Post Reply