Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Per wrote:
herb wrote:Sounds like Shea Weber will be wearing a visor when he returns from his eye injury.

Makes me wish Canuck players who still choose to go without a visor would just get on with it and do so.
Yeah, it's stupid. In general, players only start wearing visors after they've had an eye injury.

It's a bit like buying home insurance after your house burns down.... :roll:

As long as you dont fight, wear a shield.

if you're a coward...................

Euros' don't fight.... get out your pom poms..... ooooooops
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Southern_Canuck wrote:Blackhawks get Mashinter from Rangers for Beach

Well, Chicago has officially given up on Kyle Beach - remember him? There was talk that the Canucks were considering drafting Beach in 2008 but took Hodgson instead... good move.

Chicago sent Beach to Sweden on a tryout when he didn't make the NHL club in training camp, and clearly didn't want him around their winning AHL farm club when he was sent back.

S_C
I believe that talk was more from fans than anything. I don't remember any indication the Canucks were looking at him more than any other similarly ranked player. A lot of people on this board were pissed the Nux passed on Beach.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Per wrote:
herb wrote:Sounds like Shea Weber will be wearing a visor when he returns from his eye injury.

Makes me wish Canuck players who still choose to go without a visor would just get on with it and do so.
Yeah, it's stupid. In general, players only start wearing visors after they've had an eye injury.

It's a bit like buying home insurance after your house burns down.... :roll:

As long as you dont fight, wear a shield.

if you're a coward...................
Well, fighting is a side show - at best. I prefer hockey.

Besides, I thought "the code" demands that you remove your helmet before fighting, so visor or no visor, what's the difference, Don?

I think there are a few Canucks (Öhlund, Manny) that could have benefitted from having one.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Euros' don't fight.... get out your pom poms..... ooooooops
:roll:

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Lundqvist contract is insane. Subban contract looking to be similar.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

tantalum wrote:Lundqvist contract is insane. Subban contract looking to be similar.
Luongo: 26GP 2.34GAA .916SV% 13-8-5

Lundqvist: 21GP 2.43GAA .919GAA 9-11-0

Luongo is definitely a bargain at this point.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Thronton will get 20+ games for that bullshit.

Edit: Here's the video. Also note that pice of shit Marchand gets what he deserves from Neal off the start :D

rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Very ugly set of incidents there in Boston.

As much as I loathe Marchand, that Neal knee to the head was absurd. Deserves a major suspension.

Regardless, Thornton's attack on Orpik will make all the headlines. Absolutely hate to see a player seriously hurt on a cheap shot like that. Here's hoping Orpik is not seriously hurt.

Can't believe Julien chirping away like that after the hit. I know he was likely furious with the Neal hit but he just looked like a giant douche yammering away as Orpik was in serious need medical attention.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Thronton will get 20+ games for that bullshit.

Edit: Here's the video. Also note that pice of shit Marchand gets what he deserves from Neal off the start :D

I can't see how there's a KO punch in there at all...they just look like little jabs. His head must already be messed for that to knock him out.
If you need air...call it in
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Boston shows their class by cheering Orpik's injury. Fan-base of retards.

I hope Marchand is brain damaged and Thornton gets 100 games and never plays again. Fucking monkey. At least Bertuzzi can play AND cripple someone...
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Published three days ago...

Bruins' Shawn Thornton on fighting...
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blog ... rc=desktop

DOES THE CODE STILL EXIST? IS THAT SOMETHING YOU TAKE PRIDE IN/ABIDE BY?

I take a lot of pride in that. I do. People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable, I suppose, in some instances. I've been a firm believer my whole life that what goes around comes around. If you’re one of those guys that suckers someone when they’re down or you go after somebody that doesn’t deserve it or isn’t the same category as you, that will come back and bite you at some point, too. I also take a lot of pride in the fact that I can play 8-12 minutes a night. I’ve had to work extremely hard on that part of my game to bring more to the table than just fighting. That’s part of my game, but I can do a lot more.
:drink:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

rockalt wrote:As much as I loathe Marchand, that Neal knee to the head was absurd. Deserves a major suspension.
Not to mention the gut puke #87 taking out Marchand's feet from behind to get him down on the ice to begin with.

Burr for Marchand
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:
rockalt wrote:As much as I loathe Marchand, that Neal knee to the head was absurd. Deserves a major suspension.
Not to mention the gut puke #87 taking out Marchand's feet from behind to get him down on the ice to begin with.

Burr for Marchand
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Boston shows their class by cheering Orpik's injury. Fan-base of retards.

I hope Marchand is brain damaged and Thornton gets 100 games and never plays again. Fucking monkey. At least Bertuzzi can play AND cripple someone...
+1 :D

"Live by the sword, die by the sword," I always say. Looks good on that rat-fuck piece of cocroach dung. I hope he needs assistance to eat and has to live in the dark for the rest of the season.

Thornton, get ready to sit out maybe 10 games. What gets me is the self-righteous, indignant protestations by the organization, the team and the fan base. Even when they admit that Thornton 'crossed the line' they can't stop coming off like it was they who were hard done-by. Between the organization, the team or their fans, I don't know which is more loathesome.

Meanwhile, Neal gets 5 games for something that Messier got away with scot-free in game 6 of the 94 playoffs. How anybody trusts Shanaban's rationale anymore...
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Lancer wrote:Meanwhile, Neal gets 5 games for something that Messier got away with scot-free in game 6 of the 94 playoffs. How anybody trusts Shanaban's rationale anymore...
Keith got 5 for something Bure got 0 for in those same playoffs.

Hell, guys are getting suspended left right and centre for plays Scott Stevens used to make once a week..