Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby micky107 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:25 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Leafs sign Marleau. 3 years. 6.25 per. Rebuild complete!


Like that Tuna ?

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/photo/ ... /157475617

Lots and lots of experience now, EH :lol: :lol:
User avatar
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2503
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Strangelove » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:48 pm

micky107 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Leafs sign Marleau. 3 years. 6.25 per. Rebuild complete!


Like that Tuna ?

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/photo/ ... /157475617

Lots and lots of experience now, EH :lol: :lol:


Right this way Mr Tuna...

viewtopic.php?p=285170#p285170
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 13762
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby SKYO » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:30 pm

Caps trade Marcus Johansson to NJ for 2018 2nd, 3rd. NJ with the steal, probably wasn't on market to the whole league I bet, all he had was a modified NTC.

All because Kuznetsov got the big contract. $7.8M per.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7605
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Hank » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:37 am

Alexander Radulov signs with Dallas 5 years for $31.25 Million ($6.25M AAV). Dallas looking like a serious contender now.

Montreal signs Ales Hemsky for 1 year @ $1 Million. Habs fans are not happy with any of Bergy's moves.
Try to focus on 2 years from now...
Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Hockey Widow » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:50 am

Grenier signs one year, two way contract with Panthers.

I guess Jim didn't see anything in his game worth keeping him around for.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 11124
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Cherry Picker » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:47 pm

Hank wrote:Alexander Radulov signs with Dallas 5 years for $31.25 Million ($6.25M AAV). Dallas looking like a serious contender now.

Montreal signs Ales Hemsky for 1 year @ $1 Million. Habs fans are not happy with any of Bergy's moves.


I'm not sold on Dallas and Calgary until they improve their goaltending more. Both teams made big moves this summer, but can Ben Bishop or Mike Smith really carry the team deep in the playoffs? I'm not sold. Edmonton and Anaheim rank quite a bit above those two in my opinion.
We are all Jim Benning.
User avatar
Cherry Picker
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:56 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Tciso » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:09 am

Hockey Widow wrote:Grenier signs one year, two way contract with Panthers.

I guess Jim didn't see anything in his game worth keeping him around for.


He'll be available on waivers at some point. :?
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
User avatar
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1512
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Island Nucklehead » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:19 pm

Yakupov signs in Colorado. 1 year, $875K.
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7192
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Topper » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:24 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:Yakupov signs in Colorado. 1 year, $875K.

Fail for Nail
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 8542
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Hockey Widow » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:04 pm

From SN

It appears Ilya Kovalchuk’s return to the NHL will be postponed for at least another year.

He will be 35 at the start of the 18-19 season and will be a full FA, free to sign anywhere.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 11124
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby SKYO » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:22 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:From SN

It appears Ilya Kovalchuk’s return to the NHL will be postponed for at least another year.

He will be 35 at the start of the 18-19 season and will be a full FA, free to sign anywhere.


Watch Tryamkin come back after he doesn't get paid in 2018/19. ;)

Sign Kovie, team russia on Canucks in 2019.

Kovie - Burmistrov - Goldy

Tryamkin
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7605
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:42 pm

SKYO wrote:
Watch Tryamkin come back after he doesn't get paid in 2018/19. ;)

Sign Kovie, team russia on Canucks in 2019.

Kovie - Burmistrov - Goldy

Tryamkin


I like your idea here. Kovi was always one of my fave players, I'd luv to see him here. We haven't had a true sniper in the lineup since Nasi I guess. With the Sedins off the books, it'd be a nice reset and nice splash to bring in Kovi and Evander the Party Man Kane in the offseason of 2018. :P
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby micky107 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:39 am

If some NHL team had the "kahunas" to do it, (not us), and if one of them could play center,
an old man line of Jagr, Doan and Iginla could probably be done for 6 mill or less.

Wouldn't that be a kick if they racked up some points-to prove one.
User avatar
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2503
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Meds » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:40 am

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
SKYO wrote:
Watch Tryamkin come back after he doesn't get paid in 2018/19. ;)

Sign Kovie, team russia on Canucks in 2019.

Kovie - Burmistrov - Goldy

Tryamkin


I like your idea here. Kovi was always one of my fave players, I'd luv to see him here. We haven't had a true sniper in the lineup since Nasi I guess. With the Sedins off the books, it'd be a nice reset and nice splash to bring in Kovi and Evander the Party Man Kane in the offseason of 2018. :P


Won't Kovalchuk be 36 in 2019? Will he even be a true sniper at that point?
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5359
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby black ace » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:35 am

Apparently Kovalchuk was pressured by Putin to stay in Russia. Very important for Russia to win Gold in an election year.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], RoyalDude and 5 guests