Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Potatoe1 wrote: This is nonsense.

Gillis kept Lu because the offers were crap.

Keeping him was the right call as he's a valuable member of the team and there is no downside to having him here.

Now, should GMMG fail to move him before the start of next season, and we are left holding the bag on that contract, then your point will have merit, but until that happens you are just talking out your ass.
Were they crap? Do we know?
Because a big chunk MG's report card as GM really depends on how this plays out, and what he passed up.
Blob Mckenzie wrote:What exactly was he offered for Luongo in the summer ?

I have to ask because all of these bed ridden GM's in their unrine saturated sheets keep saying he should have been dealt in the summer . Is there a deal that would have made sense ? If he goes now or he goes at the draft it won't much matter as the return will not be signifigant. Oh well... he gave us 7 great years and he was a consummate pro. If it's a 2nd rounder and a warm body I'm okay with that. People need to realize that players on long term deals regardless of their pedigree will be harder to move and obtain fair value for. Or I guess they can throw a tantrum and act like a 3 year old.
If he was offered Bozak & a 2nd for Luongo by TO that's a deal he should have taken. If it was Bozak & Franson then he really should have taken the deal.

No if TO wanted Luongo and a 2nd for Bozak then I can see why MG wouldn't go for it.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Take ANYTHING for Luongo at this point. People don't get it that taking that contract off of the Canucks' hands is alone fantastic value.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BigTuna wrote:Take ANYTHING for Luongo at this point. People don't get it that taking that contract off of the Canucks' hands is alone fantastic value.
Of the 5 teams in the bottom of the standings there are 3 that Lou would probably waive to go to. 2 of them for sure.

Tampa, Florida, and Philly.

Tampa and Florida both need goaltending and are both destinations that Louie wants end up in.

Philly is on the east coast and they need goaltending, but that is expensive for them because of the ridiculous contract they gave to Bryzgalov.

I really think Gillis can find a trading partner in Tampa Bay, but not until the draft. If he's smart, and if there are no crazy good offers for Louie on deadline day, then he waits until the draft before dealing with Yzerman. I think that if Luongo went to Tampa at the deadline, the Bolts climb out of the basement and push for the 8th spot in the East. If a pick came back our way that pick is suddenly worth less.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: a trading partner in Tampa Bay, but not until the draft. If he's smart, and if there are no crazy good offers for Louie on deadline day, then he waits until the draft before dealing with Yzerman. I think that if Luongo went to Tampa at the deadline, the Bolts climb out of the basement and push for the 8th spot in the East. If a pick came back our way that pick is suddenly worth less.
The worse kept secret out there - Yzerman does not like or want Luongo, at one time way he only had mild interest in Schneider.

Scratch Florida from your list Mëds, ain't happening.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Crosby took a slap shot off the face today. Waiting word on the extent of the injury, possible broken jaw/concussion. Wouldn't that just suck for the Pens and Iginla.
The only HW the Canucks need
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote:
Mëds wrote: a trading partner in Tampa Bay, but not until the draft. If he's smart, and if there are no crazy good offers for Louie on deadline day, then he waits until the draft before dealing with Yzerman. I think that if Luongo went to Tampa at the deadline, the Bolts climb out of the basement and push for the 8th spot in the East. If a pick came back our way that pick is suddenly worth less.
The worse kept secret out there - Yzerman does not like or want Luongo, at one time way he only had mild interest in Schneider.

Scratch Florida from your list Mëds, ain't happening.
Yzerman already publicly said no to Luongo. He has Lecalvalier signed to a ridiculously long deal that I'm sure he wishes he could get out of. He won't add another.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LOL at Cherry kissing the bus bomber. The ass licking and bonesmoking that CBC does with the Laffs is pretty gross. Hopefully the CBC loses the next bid for NHL hockey when their contract is up. Would be nice to see TSN and SN take over all national broadcasting .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:LOL at Cherry kissing the bus bomber. The ass licking and bonesmoking that CBC does with the Laffs is pretty gross. Hopefully the CBC loses the next bid for NHL hockey when their contract is up. Would be nice to see TSN and SN take over all national broadcasting .
Just to point out, Sportsnet and TSN both own the leaves now. Expect them to be worse than CBC.

Although I personally don't think CBC cheers for the leaves at all. There's more Canuck homers on there now. Cherry just loves the Kadri situation because he is the one guy in the media who's been saying for 2 years Kadri will be a star and Wilson was a moron not to play him.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Sidney out indefinitely with a broken jaw he had surgically repaired yesterday.

Ouch
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Aaronp18 wrote:Sidney out indefinitely with a broken jaw he had surgically repaired yesterday.

Ouch
And there goes any chance I had at the hockey pool...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

I can't for the life of me understand why players don't wear full face shields, neck guards, wrist guards, steel-toes skates and kevlar socks. How long can this league continue to watch our top players go down to injuries that are completely preventable.

When is this league going to wake up!!

:roll:
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

You mock BoS, but I play with everything BUT the steel-toed skates... and they will make them soon :(
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Aaronp18 wrote:Sidney out indefinitely with a broken jaw he had surgically repaired yesterday.

Ouch
and [xxxxxx] asks if it is too late to go to Boston.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:kissing the bus bomber.
Poor taste Blob