Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by tantalum »

I wonder if he dreams of Las Vegas getting a team before he retires?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/ ... ml#slide19
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Good. Penner is a waste of time and money.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Hey doc... 2.2, 3.1, 3.5, 3.7, 4... Image
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I wouldn't have minded Carcillo In The lineup....
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Carcillo single handedly costs teams more games with his play than truly helps it. Pretty glad he's gone to a divisional opponent.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Should the Canucks offer Brule a tryout? It should be a no brainer (low risk, high reward)

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/resur ... story.html

It seems like the Kings are shopping Clifford. MG was pretty high on Clifford before trading for Kassian. Does MG have enough to offer the Kings?
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
Reiterating what @DennisTFP reported last night... The Kings are actively shopping Kyle Clifford, but nothing imminent as of this morning.

Dennis Bernstein‏@DennisTFP
@pgreissing @TheFourthPeriod Kings in jam because of 64.3M cap, can't take back much salary in any potential Clifford deal.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

Jovocop wrote:Should the Canucks offer Brule a tryout? It should be a no brainer (low risk, high reward)

It seems like the Kings are shopping Clifford. MG was pretty high on Clifford before trading for Kassian. Does MG have enough to offer the Kings?
Reiterating what @DennisTFP reported last night... The Kings are actively shopping Kyle Clifford, but nothing imminent as of this morning.

@pgreissing @TheFourthPeriod Kings in jam because of 64.3M cap, can't take back much salary in any potential Clifford deal.
yeah - Brule on a PTO only...otherwise take a pass

Clifford was apparently one of the "six" that they were shopping Hodgson for. That being said, if LA can't fit him in cap wise, then I'm not sure how much better Gillis would fare....
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

Vader wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Should the Canucks offer Brule a tryout? It should be a no brainer (low risk, high reward)

Clifford was apparently one of the "six" that they were shopping Hodgson for. That being said, if LA can't fit him in cap wise, then I'm not sure how much better Gillis would fare....

Canucks would definitely need to drop some salary. Clifford would be an excellent addition, exactly the type of player we need.

Assets: Is a physical force who is also willing to drop the gloves. Can play a regular shift because he's responsible. Owns a little scoring upside thanks to his grit and constant net presence. Good on the forecheck, he's relentless.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Vader wrote:

Hansen + a pick for Clifford? A soon-to-be UFA for a RFA who requires a raise. I hate to lose Hansen but Clifford would definitely upgrade the Canucks' toughness.
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

Jovocop wrote:
Hansen + a pick for Clifford? A soon-to-be UFA for a RFA who requires a raise. I hate to lose Hansen but Clifford would definitely upgrade the Canucks' toughness.
My guess would be something more like Jensen and a 2nd or 3rd... but of course, just a guess :)
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

$lacker wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
My guess would be something more like Jensen and a 2nd or 3rd... but of course, just a guess :)
I would rather trade Weise + a 1st rounder... :lol:
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Jovocop wrote:Hansen + a pick for Clifford? A soon-to-be UFA for a RFA who requires a raise.
LOL no way Jovo.

Who would replace the 15-20 goals and 18 minutes per game Hansen will provide on the third line? It probably won’t be Kyle Clifford, who is most likely still a 10 minute per game fourth line guy.

I would like to get my hands on a guy like Clifford, but he would be a replacement and significant upgrade of Dale Weise or maybe pushes Weise down to the 13th forward position. No way does a key player like Hansen go the other way with no plans for replacement.

So Clifford’s last cap hit was $870K. He is an RFA and hasn’t exactly lit it up. He’s in the same boat as Tanev. A useful player with some upside, but ultimately his leverage is pretty poor.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dbr wrote:Hey doc... 2.2, 3.1, 3.5, 3.7, 4... Image
*tips hat*
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Jovocop wrote: Hansen + a pick for Clifford? A soon-to-be UFA for a RFA who requires a raise. I hate to lose Hansen but Clifford would definitely upgrade the Canucks' toughness.
Yeah no, we'll be re-signing Hansen thank you very much.

I don't think the kings want a contract coming back.

Cap crunch.

Probably after picks or prospect + pick.

I've heard Cliffy is looking for $1.8mil per.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

herb wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Hansen + a pick for Clifford? A soon-to-be UFA for a RFA who requires a raise.
LOL no way Jovo.

Who would replace the 15-20 goals and 18 minutes per game Hansen will provide on the third line? It probably won’t be Kyle Clifford, who is most likely still a 10 minute per game fourth line guy.

I would like to get my hands on a guy like Clifford, but he would be a replacement and significant upgrade of Dale Weise or maybe pushes Weise down to the 13th forward position. No way does a key player like Hansen go the other way with no plans for replacement.

So Clifford’s last cap hit was $870K. He is an RFA and hasn’t exactly lit it up. He’s in the same boat as Tanev. A useful player with some upside, but ultimately his leverage is pretty poor.
As I said, I would hate to lose Hansen. He is an elite third liner and could very well be a second liner for some teams. I seriously hope that MG could sign Hansen to a reasonable extension, something similar to Higgins' contract. Players like Kassian and Clifford can instantly make the team a lot tougher if Torts allows them to play their games. Would Weise + a prospect and pick for Clifford be enough?