Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove »

UWSaint wrote: What am I missing?
No doubt, unlike you, the Sens do see Duchene as a "major upgrade" on Turris.

This goes beyond the stats.

I have seen Sens fans talking about "some signs this year of deterioration" in regards to Turris.

Also you may or may not be missing the fact Ottawa has to be very careful about these kinds of extensions.

Very money-conscious team.

No doubt they were delighted to be able to dump Hammond's $1.5M.

So a late 3rd to Avs for relieving them of Hammond's contract?

Turris + former 28th overall Bowers + late 1st (top-ten protected)... for Duchene?

Perhaps a year from now they can re-sign Duchene to a contract with which they're comfortable.

If not they can get a year out of him and then deal him.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Topper wrote: Lets be honest, no matter hos Bubbles moves the goal posts, there is very limited odds of a 2nd or 3rd round player making an impact.
LOL . Shea Weber, Duncan Keith, Patrice Bergeron, PK Subban, Joe Nieuwendyk, and dozens of others say hi.
Sure, those are guys that beat the odds and that's awesome but there are the hundreds that don't
and this is all that is meant by odds.
20-1 ? maybe higher.
Sadly all Bubbles hears these days is "whoosh". :(

I blame Mr Booze.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Topper wrote:Lets be honest, no matter hos Bubbles moves the goal posts, there is very limited odds of a 2nd or 3rd round player making an impact.
LOL . Shea Weber, Duncan Keith, Patrice Bergeron, PK Subban, Joe Nieuwendyk, and dozens of others say hi.
You forgot about Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg.

Oh wait, they were 6th and 7th rounders.
He also forgot about UVICs 3 - 2nd round picks - Rodin, Sauve and Mallet
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Arutrri Lekhonen, Christian Dvorak, Nikita Tryamkin, Brayden Point, Brandon Kontour, Jake McCabe, Brock Mcginn, Colton Scissons, Chris Tierney, Damon Severson, Devin Shore, Jimmy Vesey, Adam Pelech, Shayne Gostisbehere, Colton Parayko, Joonas Korpisalo, Boone Jenner, Viktor Rask, Brandon Saad, Markus Granlund, Matt Nieto, William Karlsson , Nikita Kucherov, Vincent Trochek, Justin Faulk, Radko Gudas, Bryan Rust, Jason Zucker, Tyler Toffoli, Ryan Spooner, Ryan OReilley, Jakob Silverberg, Robin Lehner, Dimitri Orlov, Brandon Pirri, Tomas Tatar, Tyson Barrie, Reilly Smith, Cody Eakin, Chris Mason, Cal Clutterbuck, Artem Anisimov, Dimitri Kilemin, Jakob Markstrom, Slava Voynov, Jake Allen , Roman Josi, Justin Schultz, Derek Stepan, Travis Hamonic, Marco Scandella, Jori Letera, Michael Stone, Zack Smith , Adam Henrique, PK Subban, Wayne Simmonds, Alex Killorn, Milan Lucic, Brad Marchand, Jamie McGinn.

60/270 and there are more guys who have a couple hundred games. Players picked in the 2nd and 3rd rounds from 06-14. I’d say the odds of turning out a decent to damn good player in those rounds are 20-40 %. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a mouth breather who likely rocks a hockey helmet 24-7, follows the same guy to his 10$ an hour job every day and has his food cut up for him
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gillis in 6 Canuck drafts his 2nd round hauls are/were - Rodin, Sauve and Mallet.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Gillis in 6 Canuck drafts his 2nd round hauls are/were - Rodin, Sauve and Mallet.
That post wasn’t about Gillis. It was about Topper and Docs idiotic comments that 2nd and 3rd founders are worth fuck all. Fred the dribbler chimed in and I’m sure Esq will be next. I took a huge shit on that dumb argument
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: 60/270
= 22%

How do you like those odds Blobert! :D

Your next lesson is to work out the odds of one of them turning into a Duchene-level player.

(hint: it's much much lower)
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Anyone who thinks otherwise is a mouth breather who likely rocks a hockey helmet 24-7, follows the same guy to his 10$ an hour job every day and has his food cut up for him
... said the unemployed guy who has cheerios with beer for breakfast and liquid lunches. :lol:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I took a huge shit on myself.
:wow:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol you’ve proven my point again. Thanks for coming out helmet head. Only in Abbotsford can a guy make 10$ an hour and afford a shanty. ;) Off to Vegas , I’ll be glad to continue this beating in a month
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I hope "Vegas" is code for rehab good buddy.
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Nicholas Cage style rehab, I'm sure.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: 60/270
= 22%

How do you like those odds Blobert! :D

Your next lesson is to work out the odds of one of them turning into a Duchene-level player.

(hint: it's much much lower)
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Anyone who thinks otherwise is a mouth breather who likely rocks a hockey helmet 24-7, follows the same guy to his 10$ an hour job every day and has his food cut up for him
... said the unemployed guy who has cheerios with beer for breakfast and liquid lunches. :lol:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I took a huge shit on myself.
:wow:
Last post ... Toppy has always said 2nd and 3rd rounders me an fuck all and make no impact. That’s why he defended Vey like a family member. I pointed out 60 guys and there are more who were a shit ton better than his lover Vey. YOU pointed to Duchene as a measuring stick, not him. Either way nobody brought cup Khamenev or Girard who are excellent prospects. Good deal for all three teams
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Last post ... Toppy has always said 2nd and 3rd rounders me an fuck all and make no impact.

YOU pointed to Duchene as a measuring stick, not him. Either way nobody brought cup Khamenev or Girard who are excellent prospects.
Ahhh but YOU opened the door when you said;
Blob Mckenzie wrote: That post wasn’t about Gillis. It was about Topper and Docs idiotic comments that 2nd and 3rd founders are worth fuck all. Fred the dribbler chimed in and I’m sure Esq will be next. I took a huge shit on that dumb argument
8-)

BTW I don't remember Topper liking the Vey trade any more than anyone else did at first.

I do remember Topper having no sympathy for Vey having a breakdown when dad tried to kill mom.
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Good deal for all three teams.
Agreed, that's what I've been saying...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Speaking of 2nd rounders and good prospects... Kole Lind with 2 goals in the first period against the Russkies.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
I do remember Topper having no sympathy for Vey having a breakdown when dad tried to kill mom.
That does sound very true to character.....
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote:
Strangelove wrote: I do remember Topper having no sympathy for Vey having a breakdown when dad tried to kill mom.
That does sound very true to character.....
Well Topps is extremely strong psychologically and he expects nothing less from others.
____
Try to focus on someday.