Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 10829
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:01 pm

Call it a hunch Bubbles, I believe we will not see much better from your big 3 of 2014 their entire careers. All 3 will eventually prove that they should not have been drafted top 20. These are Bubbles pickems
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 9363
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:04 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:01 pm
Call it a hunch Bubbles, I believe we will not see much better from your big 3 of 2014 their entire careers. All 3 will eventually prove that they should not have been drafted top 20. These are Bubbles pickems
My big three lol. I guess so. I just ain’t as hypercritical of every player in the league like yourself. You said Mackinnon was hot garbage and Tavares was Dany Heatley. Maybe don’t judge so quick Dana
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 10829
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:10 pm

Shaddup Bubbles I'm watching Generational - Pettersen himself against the entire Russian team by himself he's that good. Genius
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
Posts: 3352
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by ukcanuck » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:39 am

Just looking at the standings and seeing the knights 2nd overall. I’m gonna puke if they win a Stanley cup in their first year...shit I’ll puke if the make the final even.

2nd overall in January...This shit ain’t right

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 3382
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by micky107 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:47 am

ukcanuck wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:39 am
Just looking at the standings and seeing the knights 2nd overall. I’m gonna puke if they win a Stanley cup in their first year...shit I’ll puke if the make the final even.

2nd overall in January...This shit ain’t right
Yeah ! Pretty weird. What could be worse? If down the road a bit, Seattle does the same thing.
Ouch..... :drink:
"evolution"

User avatar
Puck
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Puck » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:16 pm

Is there any chance that the Knights may find a 7-game series more difficult? It's one thing to roll up, play a good systems game, maybe out-work the other team and grab the two points; it's a bit different to do that four times to win a series. Personally, I'm hoping they struggle a bit more once teams figure out how to play them.

I'm REALLY hoping.

If they carry out UK's nightmare scenario, I'll join in the puking.

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4143
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Uncle dans leg » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:21 pm

Isnt their home record being heavily credited to the liquor and whore benders the night before?
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7687
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Island Nucklehead » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:34 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:21 pm
Isnt their home record being heavily credited to the liquor and whore benders the night before?
Makes the Roxy flu look like a case of the sniffles.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 8592
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:10 pm

Well no team has had a scouting report on them obviously as they are a frankenstein group thus far, but more and more teams are building up a scouting report on them, on who to shut down, their systems etc.

And let's not forget they got MAF, show me a good goalie and I'll show you a good coach or something like that ha.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
Posts: 3352
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by ukcanuck » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:08 pm

Puck wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:16 pm
Is there any chance that the Knights may find a 7-game series more difficult? It's one thing to roll up, play a good systems game, maybe out-work the other team and grab the two points; it's a bit different to do that four times to win a series. Personally, I'm hoping they struggle a bit more once teams figure out how to play them.

I'm REALLY hoping.

If they carry out UK's nightmare scenario, I'll join in the puking.
One can only hope that they cannot win four against a contender, but where they sit now I think it’s more than than just catching teams unaware or some kind of Vegas flu. That might have got them a month or two into the season, but first in the West? second overall? In January I’m not happy...

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4143
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Uncle dans leg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:46 am

Listening to coiler radio on my drive up to mcmisery last night was pretty funny. They're debating who is to blame and it seems that chiarelli is the goat...the Eberle trade was a huge issue apparently. More than the Hall trade as i guess Larsson at least provides some value to the team as opposed to what Strome is.

I would expect some moves shortly...Maroon surely will be gone and maybe Klefbom...
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2529
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Madcombinepilot » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:59 am

ukcanuck wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:39 am
Just looking at the standings and seeing the knights 2nd overall. I’m gonna puke if they win a Stanley cup in their first year...shit I’ll puke if the make the final even.

2nd overall in January...This shit ain’t right

It's only a little above average when you consider that they paid 500 million to get there.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2529
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Madcombinepilot » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:09 am

Does anyone know of a place that tracks man games lost to injury?

Or perhaps a nerd (and I use the term nerd with utmost respect as nerds make the world run!) here tracks that?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8119
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by rats19 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:44 am

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:09 am
Does anyone know of a place that tracks man games lost to injury?

Or perhaps a nerd (and I use the term nerd with utmost respect as nerds make the world run!) here tracks that?
Check in here

http://nhlinjuryviz.blogspot.com/p/index-page.html?m=1
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 7231
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Cornuck » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:02 am

Ok - that's some serious nerding there - great link
2017 - The Road to 65™

Post Reply