Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by sagebrush »

micky107 wrote:.....
I would like to see the league return to 2 year EL.
I would like to see the league put a maximum term of 5 years on all contracts,(no home town extra year).
I would like to see the league put a max hard cap of 8 million per year, including bonuses, no matter how great the player is. (re-evaluate every 3 years).
I would like to see the league abolish the NMC.
I would like to see the league only accept limited NTC. (player must have no less than 8 teams he would accept a trade to which he could change once a year).
I would like to see .....
I'd like to see those cheap jerseys from China that StevenCex was telling us about. :drink:
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

sagebrush wrote:
micky107 wrote:.....
I would like to see the league put a maximum term of 5 years on all contracts,(no home town extra year).
I would like to see the league put a max hard cap of 8 million per year, including bonuses, no matter how great the player is. (re-evaluate every 3 years).
I would like to see the league only accept limited NTC. (player must have no less than 8 teams he would accept a trade to which he could change once a year).
I would like to see .....
I'd like to see those cheap jerseys from China that StevenCex was telling us about. :drink:
Geez, what a mess...about 28 hours..
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Mr. Kane pleads not guilty. Um, O.K.?
We'll see Sept. 9th.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/eva ... -1.3703114
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Tciso wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote: its summer and I am bored ✌)

Go to the deck of a good pub, and find a waitress.

I have faithfully been sorting out all those ladies that will make great future single moms and helping them along their paths for years....
impregnating them?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Topper wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:
Tciso wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote: its summer and I am bored ✌)

Go to the deck of a good pub, and find a waitress.

I have faithfully been sorting out all those ladies that will make great future single moms and helping them along their paths for years....
impregnating them?
I find my style of birth control (that is: lying about my last name) does very little to stop all these future single moms from hearing the Pitter-patter of little Combinepilot feet!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Lloyd Braun
CC Veteran

Post by Lloyd Braun »

micky107 wrote:Since it's summer and everyone goes crazy, here, I'll show you crazy;

I would like to see the league abolish ALL waiver rules that restrict teams from sending players to the AHL for conditioning, re-hab from an injury or simply because they are sucking right now. (Teams could still expose players on waivers if they wanted to).

See, Ya-all thought Mick was crazy and you were right!
I'm crazy, man. CRAZY, CRAZY, CRAZY!! :shock:
That's one hell of a lockout you're proposing. Good luck getting the NHLPA to EVER agree to even a portion of that.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Lloyd Braun wrote:
micky107 wrote:Since it's summer and everyone goes crazy, here, I'll show you crazy;

I would like to see the league abolish ALL waiver rules that restrict teams from sending players to the AHL for conditioning, re-hab from an injury or simply because they are sucking right now. (Teams could still expose players on waivers if they wanted to).

See, Ya-all thought Mick was crazy and you were right!
I'm crazy, man. CRAZY, CRAZY, CRAZY!! :shock:
That's one hell of a lockout you're proposing. Good luck getting the NHLPA to EVER agree to even a portion of that.
It's just thoughts, that I know will never happen, to make the league healthier. I'm just dreaming.
However, I bet the AVERAGE wage of an HNL player would be higher.
Anyway; It's conceivable, we may be "headed" (get it?), for a potential lockout sooner than later?
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

BUFFALO, N.Y. — A 21-year-old Buffalo woman has sued Sabres forward Evander Kane, saying he seriously injured her in the hotel room where he lives.

Documents filed July 1 in Erie County State Supreme on behalf of Rachel Kuechle Court say Kane met her in a bar, invited her to what he said was a party and then attacked her, causing cuts and bleeding that required multiple surgeries. Without providing details of how she was injured, her lawyers said Kuechle suffered "serious emotional trauma" and "serious, permanent and painful personal injuries."

Kane's actions are described as "unwanted, unconsented to, violent and offensive in nature physical battery," according to court papers.

No monetary damages were specified in the lawsuit. A message left for Kuechle's lawyer wasn't immediately returned.

Kane had been cleared in March of any criminal charges after authorities investigated the Dec. 27 encounter initially described as a possible sexual assault.

His lawyer didn't immediately respond to a request for comment Tuesday but has denied any wrongdoing by his client.

According to the lawsuit, Kuechle met Kane at the Encore Restaurant and Bar on the evening of Dec. 26 and Kane bought her drinks before inviting her back to his room on what her lawyers describe as a "false pretext" of a party. The pair were taken to the Buffalo Marriott Harborcenter by Kane's driver, court papers say. Once in the room, Kane "engaged in extreme and outrageous conduct" toward Kuechle, the suit said.

Kane pleaded not guilty Monday to non-criminal harassment, disorderly conduct and trespass stemming from an unrelated incident at a bar on June 24.

In that case, Kane is accused of grabbing three women inside Bottoms Up, a Buffalo nightclub. A male bar employee said he also had a run-in with the NHL player.

Paul Cambria, Kanes lawyer, said those allegations were "extremely exaggerated" and his client "denies strenuously any wrongdoing."

The fourth player selected in the 2009 draft, Kane was acquired in a multiplayer trade with Winnipeg in February 2015. He scored 20 goals and added 15 assists in 65 games last season. He has two years remaining on his contract.

Hope he's said a few bucks over the years. Legal fees alone will costs him a few bundles. Violence against women is the one thing that will cause his stock to drop dramatically. Kane has to ask himself, do I want a full public trial with all the sordid details or do I want to settle with a full confidentiality clause?
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Do not want. This team chased Kassian out of town for ripping rails and boozing. Now Elmer is thinking of acquiring Ike Turner ? Fuck that shit.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Starting to side with Blob on this one.

Too many issues, unless Evander gets Patrick's Kane's defense team to clear any wrong doing, tampered evidence etc. :look:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: BUFFALO, N.Y. — A 21-year-old Buffalo woman has sued Sabres forward Evander Kane, saying he seriously injured her in the hotel room where he lives.

Documents filed July 1 in Erie County State Supreme on behalf of Rachel Kuechle Court say Kane met her in a bar, invited her to what he said was a party and then attacked her, causing cuts and bleeding that required multiple surgeries. Without providing details of how she was injured, her lawyers said Kuechle suffered "serious emotional trauma" and "serious, permanent and painful personal injuries."

Kane's actions are described as "unwanted, unconsented to, violent and offensive in nature physical battery," according to court papers.

No monetary damages were specified in the lawsuit. A message left for Kuechle's lawyer wasn't immediately returned.

Kane had been cleared in March of any criminal charges after authorities investigated the Dec. 27 encounter initially described as a possible sexual assault.
Yeah this is the same lady behind the alleged incident last December.

Kane was cleared of wrongdoing in the alleged incident.

During the investigation this lady repeatedly stated she "couldn't remember" anything from the night in question

... yet now she's saying "Kane seriously injured her"?? :eh:
Hockey Widow wrote: Kane has to ask himself, do I want a full public trial with all the sordid details or do I want to settle with a full confidentiality clause?
Obviously what this lady is banking on...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Do not want. This team chased Kassian out of town for ripping rails and boozing. Now Elmer is thinking of acquiring Ike Turner ? Fuck that shit.
Kassian had a substance abuse problem.

Kane does not.

As for the rest: Innocent until proven guilty.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Do not want. This team chased Kassian out of town for ripping rails and boozing. Now Elmer is thinking of acquiring Ike Turner ? Fuck that shit.
Kassian had a substance abuse problem.

Kane does not.

As for the rest: Innocent until proven guilty.
Yes Doc, women have no substance.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Did I miss the memo saying Benning was pursuing this??

I picked up on all the tabloid, eastern ball licking media with 'rumours', but missed where Benning said: "we want Kane"
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Citizen Kane was distracting drama.

Some of us think the Canucks have had enough drama queens for a while.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.