Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:Ohhhhh sorry IN, you are like Blobby Rock Em Sock Em old time hockey. It's more than just hitting, its the ability to go toe to toe with the Colton Orrs of the league.
BC day was a good'er, eh Dude? Nice narritives you create in your man-cave, rocking a grease stained beer-box cutoff and a nasty hangover, but I don't think I'll miss Bonino. I wasn't impressed when Benning gushed about him when he acquired him, and didn't like him last year. Much like Prust, it's not about the player we got, it's about Benning overpaying to land him.

But honestly, it will be good having our twin towers of power, the $5M 4th line bash brothers out there to protect the rest of the lineup.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:You need to lay off the rock dude . Sestito was a bum .
You LOVED Sestito, Blobby. What's with the selective memory?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:. Much like Prust, it's not about the player we got, it's about Benning overpaying to land him.
Yeah, I know, I'm gonna miss Kassian too. A real foundational player who stuck up for his teammates. Gonna miss his post whistle scrums with refs between him and his yapping from the bench. Gonna really miss his lazy back checks and late, behind the play, meaningless hits. A real player this guy. The kind you build around. Surprised the deal bums you out as from what I am gathering, Prust sounds like yours and Blobbys kind of player, unlike Kassian, he sticks up for his teammates is good defensively, great on the PK. Like Dorsett gives it all every shift, but hey keep on keeping on with your delusions of Kassians worth on the market. Is there a category for the type of players that Shaun O'Brien, Steve Downie and Zack Kassian are? uncoachable, unprofessional, undisciplined - Tough guys who know how to party?
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Whatever blows your hair back Pacific Blue
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

If it was not for Blob and Dude going all DV, this thread would not exist. So thanks for the theater. It spices summer a tiny teensy bit.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:So Sutter IS softer than Bonino? Awful trade, Benning, JUST AWFUL! What were you thinking?I want Bonino's marshmellow grit that we saw against the Flames instead of Brent Matthias Sutter

Wrong Sutter
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:So Sutter IS softer than Bonino? Awful trade, Benning, JUST AWFUL! What were you thinking?I want Bonino's marshmellow grit that we saw against the Flames instead of Brent Matthias Sutter

Wrong Sutter
Whoops
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

Wrong Sutter
Whoops

Does that change your opinion?
lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Expansion

Post by lostinarink »

Looks like both LV and QC have successfuly completed "phase 1" and have been invited to take part in "phase 2". I gather all phase will be complete by Sept 4.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 56907.html

15/16 looking more and more like the last of the 30 team universe. Too bad they were a year ealier in the process so that the 15 draft could have gone #1 & #2 to LV & QC. That would have totally pissed off the tankards in EdToBu. I would have loved that!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Expansion

Post by Hockey Widow »

lostinarink wrote:Looks like both LV and QC have successfuly completed "phase 1" and have been invited to take part in "phase 2". I gather all phase will be complete by Sept 4.

15/16 looking more and more like the last of the 30 team universe. Too bad they were a year ealier in the process so that the 15 draft could have gone #1 & #2 to LV & QC. That would have totally pissed off the tankards in EdToBu. I would have loved that!

They are targeting a 17-18 season. Two years from now who can we expose?? Oh the thought of it. I bet a number of teams sign scabs just before the expansion draft just so they can expose them. Where are Ballard and Booth when you need them.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Hockey Widow wrote:
lostinarink wrote:Looks like both LV and QC have successfuly completed "phase 1" and have been invited to take part in "phase 2". I gather all phase will be complete by Sept 4.

They are targeting a 17-18 season. Two years from now who can we expose?? Oh the thought of it. I bet a number of teams sign scabs just before the expansion draft just so they can expose them. Where are Ballard and Booth when you need them.
Good point, I wonder if injured players will be permitted to be exposed on expansion waivers, or are they exempt?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Interesting BoS.

It's been so long since we've had expansion I think Bettman will make it up as he goes along. I wonder if the cap recapture will apply if they pick up someone on a long night term deal and need to get to the floor. I wonder if NTC or NMC can be exposed.

We will need to protect Demko and Markstrom so maybe we need to sign an old vet. Oh wait Miller will be available.

There could be hope for us yet to lose a bad contract when all is said and done. With our luck though that would be the year we would have drafted 1st!!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Patty Kane being investigated for rape charges....
Chicago Blackhawks superstar Patrick Kane is the subject of a police probe after an alleged bar incident involving another woman -- and there are reports it's a rape investigation.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/06/patrick-k ... z3i3J3Wfn7
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

SKYO wrote:Patty Kane being investigated for rape charges....
Chicago Blackhawks superstar Patrick Kane is the subject of a police probe after an alleged bar incident involving another woman -- and there are reports it's a rape investigation.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/06/patrick-k ... z3i3J3Wfn7
I wonder if Chicago will terminate his contract. :lol:
lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by lostinarink »

BladesofSteel wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

Good point, I wonder if injured players will be permitted to be exposed on expansion waivers, or are they exempt?
Where is Lief Rohlin when you need him?