Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2051
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Lancer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:18 am

Reefer2 wrote:Didnt know where to put this but Toronto Sports Network has the Laughs ranked #1 in the league.

I thought journalist where supposed to have some integrity and report the truth?

Can't wait to see the fans and media start to cry (and Tuna breath) as the team drops as other teams learn to play against them.
Canadian "national" level hockey media descended to the level of league/club puppetry a long time ago - about the time that media corporations started buying sports clubs. Outside of blogs and some local media, Canadian hockey journalism is now nothing but publicists and marketers. I only read TSN and Sportsnet content for laughs and rumours - and then laugh at half the 'rumours'.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 3382
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by micky107 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:53 am

Reefer2 wrote:Didnt know where to put this but Toronto Sports Network has the Laughs ranked #1 in the league.

I thought journalist where supposed to have some integrity and report the truth?

Can't wait to see the fans and media start to cry (and Tuna breath) as the team drops as other teams learn to play against them.
In the league ? :lol:

I don't even have them as top 5 in the East points wise after 82 games. They are not built for that yet.
"evolution"

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 8592
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:41 pm

Just EIGHT more years to go for Parise and Suter's contracts at $7.5M per with full NMC.
https://thehockeywriters.com/minnesota- ... ign=buffer

Almost half-way through those mega contracts for minny.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3211
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Reefer2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:34 am

SKYO wrote:Just EIGHT more years to go for Parise and Suter's contracts at $7.5M per with full NMC.
https://thehockeywriters.com/minnesota- ... ign=buffer

Almost half-way through those mega contracts for minny.
And they have nothing to show for it.

Contracts are too high for good players.

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP
Posts: 679
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:25 pm
Location: New Westminster

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Ronning's Ghost » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Reefer2 wrote:Contracts are too high for good players.
Interesting idea. This implies that you would be better off building a balanced team with a lot of almost-star players, but no superstars. In theory, I would be inclined to agree with you, but between them, the Blackhawks and the Penguins have 6 of the last 9 Cups, and they have superstar-heavy payrolls.

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 12344
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:19 pm

Bieksa out indefinitely with hand injury. Contrary to what some thought, it's his left hand, the non superman hand.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 12344
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:00 pm

The Ship has sailed, all the way back to Russia. Vegas to place him on unconditional waivers for the purposes of a mutual voiding of the contract. Wonder if he gets to keep his 2.5 million dollar signing bonus.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 7231
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Cornuck » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:31 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Wonder if he gets to keep his 2.5 million dollar signing bonus.
I think so - $2 million for 31 minutes of ice time. :D
2017 - The Road to 65™

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 12344
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:31 pm

Cornuck wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Wonder if he gets to keep his 2.5 million dollar signing bonus.
I think so - $2 million for 31 minutes of ice time. :D

They probably need the cap hit :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4143
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Uncle dans leg » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:20 pm

Fuck is Tavares ever on fire. Wasn't the dude calling him washed up a couple weeks ago on here :lol:
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 9361
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:22 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:Fuck is Tavares ever on fire. Wasn't the dude calling him washed up a couple weeks ago on here :lol:
Him or Ekblad
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4143
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Uncle dans leg » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:23 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Fuck is Tavares ever on fire. Wasn't the dude calling him washed up a couple weeks ago on here :lol:
Him or Ekblad
Lol ya Ekblad is unreal. What's with the dude on those 2? They're Allstars
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:50 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:The Ship has sailed, all the way back to Russia. Vegas to place him on unconditional waivers for the purposes of a mutual voiding of the contract. Wonder if he gets to keep his 2.5 million dollar signing bonus.
He has to pay most of that back to Vegas...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 8592
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:06 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:The Ship has sailed, all the way back to Russia. Vegas to place him on unconditional waivers for the purposes of a mutual voiding of the contract. Wonder if he gets to keep his 2.5 million dollar signing bonus.
He has to pay most of that back to Vegas...
He should put that 2mill in a offshore bank account, bolt to russia and never come back. :thumbs: That's pocket change for Vegas.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:11 pm

Well he can't have his contract voided (and sign a KHL contract) until he pays it back.

FriedMan says he gets to keep $86K of that $2M...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-t ... mpact-nhl/
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Post Reply