Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Benjo »

Unsigned RFAs:
Subban (MTL) -not close
Benn (DAL)
Del Zotto (NYR) -signed
O'Reilly (Col)
Kulikov (FLA)

Injuries:
Kopitar (LA) 2-3 weeks
Mitchell (LA) 2-3 weeks
Scandella (MIN) 2-3 weeks
Brodin (MIN) 2-3 weeks
Gudbranson (FLA) 2-3 weeks
Briere (PHI) 2-3 weeks
Laich (WAS) 1-2 weeks

Signings:

likely Cody Franson (TOR)
likely Mike Mottau (TOR)
Paul Ranger likely to stay with Marlies
likely Eric Fehr (WAS)
likely Kurtis Foster (PHI)
Matt Gilroy (NYR)
Dan Ellis (CAR)
Vandermeer (VAN)
Barker (VAN)
Zajac -8 years (NJD)
Redden (STL)
Kovalev (FLA)

Not playing
Tim Thomas
Scott Gomez

Trades
Phi acquires Boucher from CAR
Westgarth (LA) to (CAR) for Anthony Stewart +picks
Fistric (DAL) to (EDM) for 3rd rd pick
Bishop (OTT) to (CLB) for David Savard

Waiver claims
TOR claims McIntyre
NYI claims Hickey
NSH claims Richard Clune

will try and keep this updated
Last edited by Benjo on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:49 am, edited 12 times in total.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow »

RUMOUR
Seems Rangers MAY have asked Redden to sit out the season to avoid injury so they can buy him out in the summer. An injured player cannot be bough out.

I wonder if the PA will file a grievance over this if true.
The only HW the Canucks need
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Hockey Widow wrote:RUMOUR
Seems Rangers MAY have asked Redden to sit out the season to avoid injury so they can buy him out in the summer. An injured player cannot be bough out.

I wonder if Redden will follow through.

"Hey guys, look at my millions. Sorry you weren't part of the last CBA suckers!!!"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

"@NYRangers: #NYR agreed to terms with defensemen @MichaelDelZotto and Matt Gilroy”/ Del Zotto's deal is two years with AAV of $2.55M."
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'm not big on the Russkies but the RFA of Kulikov in FLA is an interesting scenario, if the Panthers struggle to sign this guy, maybe he's a piece that Gillis could be tinkering his Moneyball mind with in a Luongo deal. Kulikov is an outstanding young player. It still doesn't solve the problem of this teams severe drop off in top 6 talent after the Sedin Line.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:RUMOUR

Add Go Go Gomez...
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Apparently the PA was aware this might happen when they wouldn't allow buyout period before this shortened season.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

There goes our Ellis plans for backup, now we probably need another goalie in return in the RL trade.
The #hurricanes have signed goalie Dan Ellis to a one-year deal worth $650,000.
TRADE: #Canes acquire Kevin Westgarth from #LAKings in exchange for Anthony Stewart and two draft picks: http://m.carhur.com/0Qv5
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

SKYO wrote:There goes our Ellis plans for backup, now we probably need another goalie in return in the RL trade.
TRADE: #Canes acquire Kevin Westgarth from #LAKings in exchange for Anthony Stewart and two draft picks: http://m.carhur.com/0Qv5
You don't think Läck is ready to step up? It's what, a 48 game season?

Say Luongo plays five before he's traded and Schneider plays thirty odd games; that leaves a dirty dozen for the backup.
I'd think Läck could deal with that.

Last edited by Per on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

we now own Cam Barker...1 year...700,000K...i was just reading an article about him approximately 1 hour ago...it was about what a total failure his career has been...now we got him...makes ya go hmmmm...
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

the Dogsalmon wrote:we now own Cam Barker...1 year...700,000K...i was just reading an article about him approximately 1 hour ago...it was about what a total failure his career has been...now we got him...makes ya go hmmmm...
As posted elsewhere, it's a low-cost, low-risk move. Nothing like being a highly-drafted UFA player under 30 looking for a PTO offer to provide a moment of clarity. Either he has his 'coming to Jesus' moment and trends upwards again, or we have a 700k dman in Chicago. In the grand scheme of things, not a big deal.

I'm kinda bummed that Ellis got snapped up. UFA back-up market just got smaller. Don't think Lack is ready for a dozen or so games. In an 82-game season, likely but not in a 48-game sprint. It'll be interesting to see how it goes on that front.

Man, talk about Anthony Stewart - the NHL gypsy. Another guy who's career seems to have gone into the toilet spiral.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

SKYO wrote:There goes our Ellis plans for backup, now we probably need another goalie in return in the RL trade.
The Wolves' Matt Clime has been playing amazing this season. As a backup for Schneider, he's definitely a possibility. Not my first choice, but he's worth a look at if we don't find a reasonable goalie in the Lou trade. And, he's also worth using as a bargaining chip, if some other GM is trying to screw us in a trade by offering us a crappy backup at an inflated price.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I think this so-called Bold Move that Gillis is apparently suppose to do ( but I highly doubt it, Gillis is more conservative boring than a Scottish Jew) this bold move should be focused on Jamie Benn. The Stars and Benn seemingly can't get a deal done, Gillis should snap out of his slumber and open up the fucking cupboards. I don't care what we give up to get Benn, give the stars everything not named the Sedins. It's about fucking time we get a good BC Born and raised player here.

I think what Gillis should do though, is send Luongo and Raymond to Florida for Kulikov and send Edler and Schroeder to the Panthers for Couturier and then send Kesler our '13 first round pick to Dallas for Benn. Done Deal. Then change our name to the Vancouver Giants -

Benn
Kassian
Couturier
Gaunce
Jensen

Hell ya!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Benjo wrote:Unsigned RFAs:
Subban (MTL) -not close
Benn (DAL)
I like Benn, and I gotta say the other guy I really like (and many hate) is Subban. Not sure what's holding up that deal in Montreal.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

the Dogsalmon wrote:we now own Cam Barker...1 year...700,000K...i was just reading an article about him approximately 1 hour ago...it was about what a total failure his career has been...now we got him...makes ya go hmmmm...
Is this a 1-way contract? Didn't we already go down this road with the "worse-defenceman-ever" twice with MAG and Parent? Just watch AV play him over Ballard :roll:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!