Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: And I guess Kadri will be traded, Carlyle hates him haha.
Him and Gardiner.

Carly likes him some major goon squad h'yuk!

Alls ya's gotsta do see is just intimidate the opposition to the point where THEY LET YOU WIN!!

And it appears Shanny and Nonuts agree...

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 6m
Nonis "myself and Brendan believe that team toughness is what wins in this league"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 6m
Nonis "if there's a scrum in there then its not one guy in there but five. Can't rely on one or two guys to provide all the toughness"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 9m
Nonis "we're going to have to make some changes. One thing that we can't say is that we're going to change 40% of the roster. Not possible"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 8m
Nonis "we'll look at older UFAs on short term deals that are able to help us and bringing in some guys from the Marlies that are ready"

He's nuts! :thumbs:

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote: And I guess Kadri will be traded, Carlyle hates him haha.
Him and Gardiner.
https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status ... 1686345730

Nonut's Mouthpiece:

"Some trade discussion with teams on a number of leaves players. Kadri, Gardiner, Bolland and Kulemin included. leaves brass is eager to talk."

Yup, Kadri and Gardiner, 2 of their precious-few bright young players are being shopped. :drink:

And it seems they can't re-sign 2 of their best 3rd-liners, pending UFAs Bolland and Kulemin

(trying to trade their negotiating rights for peanuts).

Do their other UFA 3rd-liners, McClement and Raymond walk as well?

Or do the Leaves double their salaries to have them stick around?

Leaves could be shopping for 6 shiny-new bottom 6 forwards this summer.

They need help on dee as well and Franson has them by the balls.

They forced him to settle for a one-year $2m deal due to their cap probs last year.

Now he will take them to arbitration, if so he will take the one-year option, then leave as a UFA.

OR the Leaves can try to negotiate a long-term deal in which he makes them overpay.

He's the only RH-shot dee on the team and probably the best PP dee.

And it sounds like Carlyle is presently running PP-dee Gardiner out of Pigtown.

Phaneuf and pretty much all their remaining forwards are overpaid.

Except for JVR and Kadri.

And it appears Carlyle is presently running Kadri out of Cracktown.

The Leaves are a mess and Shanny/Nonuts have bought into Carlyle's goon-squad vision.

OMG it is SUCH a great time to be a Leaf-hater!! :thumbs:
Last edited by Strangelove on Fri May 09, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I think they'll try to deal Kadri and or Franson at the draft.

Bolland is gone, he wants way too much money and term.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: I think they'll try to deal Kadri and or Franson at the draft.
They'll need players who can play NOW if they trade those two.

I think Nonuts knows he's done like dinner if the Leaves suck again next year.

He and Carlyle would get punted by Shanny IMO.

I'm feeling that Nonuts makes desperate dumbass trades because of this.

And RICDICULOUS UFA signings.

Good Gawd, the guy should've been canned just for signing Clarkson last year!

Not to mention overpaying Phaneuf and Kessel...
SKYO wrote: Bolland is gone, he wants way too much money and term.
I'm hearing he wants pretty much what Clarkson got. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote: Bolland is gone, he wants way too much money and term.
I'm hearing he wants pretty much what Clarkson got. :mex:
LOL

If they hadn't signed that Clarkson bum they could maybe afford to keep the very useful Bolland around.

Fuckin' leaves...it never does get old! Nonis should get punted right out of the NHL once he's fired in Toronto, but I'm sure Burkie can't wait to offer him another VP job.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Cheesburger Brothers reunited in Cowtown, how sweet would that be!! :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:The Cheesburger Brothers reunited in Cowtown, how sweet would that be!! :D
LOL that would be fuckin hilarious. :lol:
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Strangelove wrote:Leaves could be shopping for 6 shiny-new bottom 6 forwards this summer.
You don't know what you're talking about. They have Phaneuf locked up.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Looks like Bylsma will indeed be fired and possibly Shero... ownership tired of losing. :shock:

http://www.thescore.com/news/502069
Report: Penguins ownership favors firing coach Bylsma, GM Shero could also be terminated
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Strangelove wrote:The Cheesburger Brothers reunited in Cowtown, how sweet would that be!! :D
It is destiny ya know!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Shero let a lot of his tough guys go and never replaced them. Two of the best in the league and no support or protection. Hung onto MAF too long. Gave away their future basically every year to tool up for the playoffs. The team needs more than just Kesler and adding Kesler risks depleting what young assets they do have. I don't see that as a smart move for the team.

I think they are better served by a new GM, not a lame duck GM. A GM that can build support around Crosby and Malkin, shore up the net and get meaner up front. They have never been the same since they let the likes of Malone go.

If they can't trade MAF they are probably best served to keep him for the final year and build pieces up front. I don't know how they do that though as they have little to trade. Unless they trade Malkin and I think that's foolish.

Sort of Washington trying to win with OV and not much more.

Now, let's hope Montreal can oust Boston.
The only HW the Canucks need
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Hockey Widow wrote:Shero let a lot of his tough guys go and never replaced them. Two of the best in the league and no support or protection. Hung onto MAF too long. Gave away their future basically every year to tool up for the playoffs. The team needs more than just Kesler and adding Kesler risks depleting what young assets they do have. I don't see that as a smart move for the team.
Uh, the team is built to win now with Sid and Geno. If those young assets can't help them win a Championship during their primes, then they're better off trading them for someone like Kesler who is still in his prime (albeit the end of it). They didn't exactly "give away their future" to tool up for the playoffs the past few seasons ... e.g. what they give up for Iggy was second tier prospects. They weren't willing to give away their future for Kesler and that's why Kesler wasn't traded there.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

They just haven't drafted well enough. After the first round they haven't landed a decent player since Kris Letang in 2005 (only real potential oversights are Dustin Jeffrey and Jake Muzzin who they let walk in UFA). That is Vancouver Canucks-level futility right there.

First rounders Bennett and Despres aren't really anything to write home about and they dealt Esposito and Morrow too so hopefully Pouliot turns out because between him and Maatta (great pick) they might not get a lot of other help for some time.

The 2013 deadline was really costly for them and they can't keep that up indefinitely.. they're going to have to squeeze more out of fewer picks to make up the difference and there's not much indication they can do it.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Hockey Widow wrote:Shero let a lot of his tough guys go and never replaced them. Two of the best in the league and no support or protection. Hung onto MAF too long. Gave away their future basically every year to tool up for the playoffs. The team needs more than just Kesler and adding Kesler risks depleting what young assets they do have. I don't see that as a smart move for the team.

I think they are better served by a new GM, not a lame duck GM. A GM that can build support around Crosby and Malkin, shore up the net and get meaner up front. They have never been the same since they let the likes of Malone go.

If they can't trade MAF they are probably best served to keep him for the final year and build pieces up front. I don't know how they do that though as they have little to trade. Unless they trade Malkin and I think that's foolish.

Sort of Washington trying to win with OV and not much more.

Now, let's hope Montreal can oust Boston.
Sure they have, they won the Cup w/o Malone. That was so long ago btw, they had Bill Guerin on the team. If I was them I'd sell the farm to win now. How many years do Malkin & Crosby have in their prime? By the time Pouliot is ready to contribute imagine where their current core will be. Having a pair like they have up the middle does not happen very often. Agreed they need more toughness, big time!

Go Habs!!!
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy