Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Does anyone know of a place that tracks man games lost to injury?

Or perhaps a nerd (and I use the term nerd with utmost respect as nerds make the world run!) here tracks that?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:09 am Does anyone know of a place that tracks man games lost to injury?

Or perhaps a nerd (and I use the term nerd with utmost respect as nerds make the world run!) here tracks that?
Check in here

http://nhlinjuryviz.blogspot.com/p/index-page.html?m=1
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Ok - that's some serious nerding there - great link
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

rats19 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:44 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:09 am Does anyone know of a place that tracks man games lost to injury?

Check in here

Awesome link. I thought we would be higher. A lot of D-men though and not just this year.
Still, the loss of our two main centers has been catastrophic and it has made it almost impossible for us to stay competitive
through 60 minutes.
"evolution"
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

micky107 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:38 am
rats19 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:44 am

Check in here

Awesome link. I thought we would be higher. A lot of D-men though and not just this year.
Still, the loss of our two main centers has been catastrophic and it has made it almost impossible for us to stay competitive
through 60 minutes.
There's an even better site but it requires a subscription to view current articles and metrics.

It values not only man games lost but the value of the player lost to the team and charts everything.

www.mangameslost.com

You used to be able to look at old articles but I can't even seem to do that anymore.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'm posting this cause he's one of Bubbles favourite Defenceman in the game - Seabrook, a healthy scratch for tonight's game. I gather Duncan Keith can no longer carry this guy. Such an overrated player
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:05 pm I'm posting this cause he's one of Bubbles favourite Defenceman in the game - Seabrook, a healthy scratch for tonight's game. I gather Duncan Keith can no longer carry this guy. Such an overrated player
The guy has played a lot of games, and has three cup rings. Looks like time is catching up to him quickly, but I don't imagine anyone lining up to take him off Chicago's hands. 6 years left at $6.875. Yikes.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Seabrook is only 32, he's not Sedin old, but I'm not surprised he's sucking large. A very overrated player given a ridiculous contract. I remember Bubbles saying he wouldn't mind trading for Seabrook not too long ago.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:32 am Seabrook is only 32, he's not Sedin old, but I'm not surprised he's sucking large. A very overrated player given a ridiculous contract. I remember Bubbles saying he wouldn't mind trading for Seabrook not too long ago.
I’d trade Eriksson and Sutter for him
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I would trade Eriksson for virtually ANYone or ANYthing.

Swap a shitty contract sure - just so long as I don't have to watch Eriksson any more. The only places I want to see LE is in the press box or on a flight out of YVR.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:32 am Seabrook is only 32, he's not Sedin old, but I'm not surprised he's sucking large. A very overrated player given a ridiculous contract. I remember Bubbles saying he wouldn't mind trading for Seabrook not too long ago.
Correct, he's not Sedin old, but he's played nearly as much. Over 1,000 NHL games and over 24,600 minutes (Sedins are between 23,500-24,600 minutes played).

Remember when he signed the extension? Blackhawks were coming off a SC win and he put up 39 points in year 1 of the deal. While there's no doubt they anticipated his decline over the course of the deal, I don't think they expected Seabrook to go from top-pairing, top-4 to healthy scratch this quickly.
Cornuck wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:34 am I would trade Eriksson for virtually ANYone or ANYthing.

Swap a shitty contract sure - just so long as I don't have to watch Eriksson any more. The only places I want to see LE is in the press box or on a flight out of YVR.
I'm not sure I would swap it for Seabrook. At this point they are both terrible deals. The depressing thing is these were supposed to be the "good" years of the LE deal. Hopefully he can rejuvenate himself, because the "bad" years towards the end of his deal could be real ugly...
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/brent-seabrook

I don't know, this is bad. If he did waive, where, I wonder, would he want to come?
Scares the crap outta me.
I hate the Eriksson contract as much as anyone but in all honesty, at this point, I think Edler is a better player than Seabrook.
"evolution"
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:47 am
As would I.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Listen if Loui Eriksson was Lou Erixon from Port Coquitlam, Bubles would be justifying his contract. Andrew Ladd is from PoCo, he can do no wrong in Bubles eyes, his contract is worst than Loui's
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:47 am
I don't like to say "I told you so"... but the Seabrook contract was beyond grotesque from the moment it was signed.

You loved it, I despised it:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9706&p=240117&hilit ... ok#p240117

Eventually you realized I was right, here you are comparing Eriksson's/Seabrook's contracts 8 months ago:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 7:08 am Seabrook is signed till he's 39. No thanks, it's two years too long. At least Erikssons contract is structured so that he can beat it in 3-4 years. It's a bad contract but Seabrook's deal is far more damaging long term.
And now you're wrong about Sutter's contract.

It's difficult to get an impending-UFA elite defensive centre to sign up for a rebuild.

Lord Benning did very well here.
____
Try to focus on someday.