Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow »

FLA signs Shane O'Brien to one-year, two-way deal and put him on waivers in order to be assigned to AHL.
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Lombardi placed on waivers by the Rangers.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Lombardi placed on waivers by the Rangers.
Center Matt Lombardi, whom the Rangers signed to a two-year, $1.6-million contract during the summer, was placed on waivers Sunday along with defensemen Michael Kostka and Steven Kampfer and goaltender Cedric Desjardins.
As a result, defenseman Matt Hunwick, who has played almost 300 games with Boston and Colorado, will be the seventh defenseman on the Opening Day roster. Presumably, Hunwick was kept to start the season because he is a better skater and puck-mover than Kostka and can play both sides.
The transactions also eliminated Lombardi from the competition for a center spot for the first game in St. Louis on Thursday. Lombardi played Saturday in New Jersey after sitting out part of camp with a groin injury.
Lombardi has not played a full NHL season since 2009-10 because of injuries and concussions. It is likely that he will clear waivers and report to Hartford (AHL).

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/ra ... -1.9468843
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Hockey Widow wrote:FLA signs Shane O'Brien to one-year, two-way deal and put him on waivers in order to be assigned to AHL.
He'll clear waivers, as long as there is not a nightclub near by.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tciso wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:FLA signs Shane O'Brien to one-year, two-way deal and put him on waivers in order to be assigned to AHL.
He'll clear waivers, as long as there is not a nightclub near by.
____
Try to focus on someday.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Buffalo waives Zac Dalpe

along with a host of other players

Notable is the recently acquired Peter Budaj.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Nothing weird about winipegs moves. If bud jail is claimed going down, no harm, no foul. If he clears, he is in the system and doesn't have to clear waivers coming back up. They put depth into the position for no real risk, except the loss of tangradi...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Madcombinepilot wrote:...... If bud jail is claimed going down...

Stupid autocorrect
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:No longer have optional years. He will get 3, 3, 6. After that Columbus needs to qualify him at 6 million or he becomes UFA. If they qualify him, which they will do, they can take him to arbitration but he remains RFA.

A good bridge deal. He averages 4 per for three years, still some RFA status left at the end of term. Sets himself up nicely for a minimum of six+ per moving forward while Columbus gets good cap and good salary for the first two years.

All in all both sides win with this deal.
I thought there was some new rule that limited the amount a contract could increase year to year. Like only a percentage of the highest salary year, or a percentage of the entire contract.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mëds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:No longer have optional years. He will get 3, 3, 6. After that Columbus needs to qualify him at 6 million or he becomes UFA. If they qualify him, which they will do, they can take him to arbitration but he remains RFA.

A good bridge deal. He averages 4 per for three years, still some RFA status left at the end of term. Sets himself up nicely for a minimum of six+ per moving forward while Columbus gets good cap and good salary for the first two years.

I thought there was some new rule that limited the amount a contract could increase year to year. Like only a percentage of the highest salary year, or a percentage of the entire contract.

Isn't it the other way around? That it can't decrease from year to year by more than "x" per cent. I don't think a big increase is cap circumvention but as in all matters CBA I am probably wrong.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Mëds wrote:

Isn't it the other way around? That it can't decrease from year to year by more than "x" per cent. I don't think a big increase is cap circumvention but as in all matters CBA I am probably wrong.
Oh that could be it then.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

mathonwy wrote:Notable is the recently acquired Peter Budaj.
Budaj goes unclaimed. Sure is a far cry from everyone around here worried about losing Markstrom. Budaj was easily one of the best backup goalies available, and if teams like New Jersey didn't want him for free, it really demonstrates how little (re: None) value Markstrom has at this point.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Just saw on twatter than the Flames' Sam Bennett needs shoulder surgery and will be out for at least a big chunk of the season.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:...... If bud jail is claimed going down...

Stupid autocorrect
Bud jail? Fuck that. Set the Bud free!!
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

herb wrote:Just saw on twatter than the Flames' Sam Bennett needs shoulder surgery and will be out for at least a big chunk of the season.
When the Flames spat in the hockey god's eye, it must have been an especially phelgmy one.

Ahh.. it sure would have been nice to win that one in 2011. That's for damn sure.