Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote: I'm looking at their forwards and I'm not seeing a lack of depth at all. This is the best 3rd and 4th lines they've had in quite a long time.
Their top 9 forwards are fine:

Kessel, Lupul, Van Riemsdyk, Kadri, Bozak, Clarkson, Bolland, Kulemin, McClement.

But none of their 10-13 guys can fill in... in the top 9:
And only Kessel is a true top 3 forward. Lupul is questionable having only put up top numbers for a season and a half.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Fuck me, I just figured out the Leaf's evil plan.

i just happened to finally catch this audio clip featuring the Leaf's Dave Poulin:

http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_demand-3 ... erview.mp3

This is the clip where he said:

“Everyone is claiming you have to have 23 players on your roster. You don't."

Which had everyone and their dog saying "What THE FUCK Dave!"

But a little later he says:

"Liles had a bit of a down year but you could relate that to a concussion that he had and maybe never being quite the same after that.”

:shock:

He actually confirmed that Liles' decline began with his last concussion in Dec 2011!

Why would Poulin finally confirm that and, as I've said before, why didn't they regular-buyout Liles?

Combine that with the less-than-23-players crazy talk and you get...

THE PLAN:

Sign Kadri for $4.5mil per.

Tell Liles you're gonna put him on LTIR (concussion) after Game Two.

Tell Franson to hold out for two games and then you'll give him his $3.5 per (to replace injured Liles).

Liles stays on the LTIR forever (a la Pronger).

Those evil fuckers!! :evil:

Oh well, fortunately they have no depth, which will make Leaf-player-injuries even MORE enjoyable!

I STILL say they'll still miss the playoffs. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Rayxor wrote:
BigTuna wrote: Some comparables for Kadri last season:

J.Tavares: 48gms, 47pts, 20:46
H.Sedin: 48gms, 45pts, 19:21
N.Kadri: 48gms, 44pts, 16:03
M.Duchene: 47gms, 43pts, 20:55
A.Kopitar: 47gms, 42pts, 20:29
J.Thornton: 48gms, 40pts, 18:23

I don't think people realize how good he was.
The hockey poolie in me says that Kadri is misplaced in this group. Always assume a breakout year is followed by a letdown. Regression toward the mean. In fact, the above group looks like a box pool group that I would make in order to bait the Leaf fans.

I don't expect Lupul to be a point per game player either.

Everyone said that last year and he repeated it.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Mëds wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote: I'm looking at their forwards and I'm not seeing a lack of depth at all. This is the best 3rd and 4th lines they've had in quite a long time.
Their top 9 forwards are fine:

Kessel, Lupul, Van Riemsdyk, Kadri, Bozak, Clarkson, Bolland, Kulemin, McClement.

But none of their 10-13 guys can fill in... in the top 9:
And only Kessel is a true top 3 forward. Lupul is questionable having only put up top numbers for a season and a half.
Lupul is a true first liner. His stats are just too good since coming to the leaves.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

BigTuna wrote: Everyone said that last year and he repeated it.
16 games? Right on. Alex Chiasson is the best goal scorer in the NHL then.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Hey those poow widdow Mapew Weafs need someone to even out the bias, considering how they are targeted by the big, bad Toronto media.. :(
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

A few rumours floating around, yes even by Ek, but discounting him, that have Buffalo re-engaging in Miller time. Heard that Roy and the Avs want a true number one and want him locked up for a few years. Of the goalies available Miller fits the bill. No way we deal Luongo to the Avs. The Avs have a few too many centres right now and may have the pieces to get the deal done. The only question would be if they get permission to speak to Miller about an extension. I think he would be a great fit on that team and for that reason I hope it never happens :mrgreen:

The Flyers, Oilers and Flames are said to be kicking tires from what I've heard but don't really know where it comes from.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I don't see why Vancouver wouldn't deal Lu to the Avs . With the new setup and Colorado in a different division with beasts like the Hawks and Blues the chance of seeing him in a conference final would be slim.

I am convinced Gillis has a verbal deal with Roberto that he will be dealt within 2 seasons and would not be at all surprised to see him traded at the end of the coming season provided he plays well and re-establishes his value around the league.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I don't see why Vancouver wouldn't deal Lu to the Avs . With the new setup and Colorado in a different division with beasts like the Hawks and Blues the chance of seeing him in a conference final would be slim.

I am convinced Gillis has a verbal deal with Roberto that he will be dealt within 2 seasons and would not be at all surprised to see him traded at the end of the coming season provided he plays well and re-establishes his value around the league.
How the hell could he possibly promise him that when no one wanted him for the past year. In two years he'll be 37 and still have 6 years left on his contract.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BigTuna wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I don't see why Vancouver wouldn't deal Lu to the Avs . With the new setup and Colorado in a different division with beasts like the Hawks and Blues the chance of seeing him in a conference final would be slim.

How the hell could he possibly promise him that when no one wanted him for the past year. In two years he'll be 37 and still have 6 years left on his contract.
Marty is still playing at 42.

It would be to a low budget team that needed to get to the cap floor but didn't want to actually have to pay him much. Ya know, like Florida.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
To say he isn't a first liner is a joke.

16 11 7 18
66 25 42 67
28 9 9 18

Lupul has 103 points in 110 games since being traded to the leaves.

In what world is that second line talent?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BigTuna wrote:

Cool story youngster. Now pull your head out and come up for some air. Gillis could have traded him if he wanted to take back a meager return. He got greedy at the 2012 draft and wanted too much. Lu does not want to be here and he will be moved within two years and more likely one regardless of the return. As long as the Italins don't have to dine on salary they will keep their word and trade him.

Now lets get back to talking leaves because i feel bad embarassing you on these boards in more than one thread. At least you are engaging in some discussion which is more than 98 % of the people are doing. You are getting owned but it is discussion . :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
BigTuna wrote:

Cool story youngster. Now pull your head out and come up for some air. Gillis could have traded him if he wanted to take back a meager return. He got greedy at the 2012 draft and wanted too much. Lu does not want to be here and he will be moved within two years and more likely one regardless of the return. As long as the Italins don't have to dine on salary they will keep their word and trade him.

Now lets get back to talking leaves because i feel bad embarassing you on these boards in more than one thread. At least you are engaging in some discussion which is more than 98 % of the people are doing. You are getting owned but it is discussion . :lol:

What about after the draft?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: To say he isn't a first liner is a joke.

16 11 7 18
66 25 42 67
28 9 9 18

Lupul has 103 points in 110 games since being traded to the leaves.

In what world is that second line talent?
Yup, Lupul ranked fourth last season in points per game among Canadian forwards.

Yet he was not among the 47 players invited to Team Canada's orientation camp.

Could it be due to the fact he's made of glass? :mex:

Does that make Gary Lupul a virtual non-factor?

Could those 46 games he missed since being traded to the leaves have done him in?

Hey, that Lupul character is one banged up son of a bitch amirite?
____
Try to focus on someday.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

The rumour mill is doing some churning today about a potential Stastny for Ryan Miller trade. Would be a big move for both teams and one I only seeing working if Varlamov is also going to Buffalo. Perhaps a center going back to the Avs given Stastny gives them an over abundance of them. Who knows if it's true but the typically legit guys aren't shooting this down yet. I'm guessing that CoHo's camp wouldn't like such a trade...

Likely complete BS but thought I'd stir the pot a bit.