Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow »

Diehard1 wrote:
SKYO wrote:lol hank

Gagner probably going to Chicago, Weal back in philly.

Canucks probably land Grigorenko. :idea:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Can't blame any player who doesn't want to come into a rebuild - who wants to play in a Canadian city when they know they'll get crapped on all season?

That said, they will sign a couple of guys who should be decent contributors. Not expecting much at all though.
And there shouldn't be much at all. I'm with the fold that says Eriksson was poor timing so I'd hate to see a repeat. If you want to burn cap space trade for Lack, oh wait......
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

@Aportzline: I believe it’s about term and role for Sam Gagner, not solely about money.
http://ckstam.streamon.fm/listen-pl-1095?smc=10

So if you want Gagner probably have to offer a decent role on the team and some term.
He'd have to take Sutter's spot on the 3rd line C.

Grigorenko would be nice also, see if he could create chemistry with Goldy.

As an aside, I forget what game it was but Goldobin seemed pissed playing with Sutter as Brandon can't pass well at all.

Sutter would do best on a 3rd shutdown line, with physical wingers, maybe he'd be best on the 4th line here with Dorsett and Virtanen.
Last edited by SKYO on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote:
So if you want Gagner...
Gagner? Hahah maybe Kassian can break his face again with the whole jersey swap twist
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote:I'd sign both Grigorenko and Yakupov for less than 1 million each on one year deals if I could. See if a Russian connection could flare up. Age wise they fit. Placeholders at worst.
Hell of an idea. Low risk at this point. If they play well, we win.
If it creates, (or repairs), a Russian connection, mmm, I wonder.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Diehard1 wrote:
SKYO wrote:lol hank

Gagner probably going to Chicago, Weal back in philly.

Canucks probably land Grigorenko. :idea:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Can't blame any player who doesn't want to come into a rebuild - who wants to play in a Canadian city when they know they'll get crapped on all season?

That said, they will sign a couple of guys who should be decent contributors. Not expecting much at all though.
I can't blame anyone who doesn't want to play here. I can see Horvat signing a four year deal so he can see the end.

Thanks a lot Linden and Elmer
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

That could happen, (and you couldn't really blame him for wanting to see what's gonna become of this team).
But what if some one throws out an offer sheet of, say, 6.75 or even 7 for 7yrs..

Could be a mute point by this time tomorrow, we'll see.
"evolution"
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

I'd sign both Grigorenko and Yakupov for less than 1 million each on one year deals if I could. See if a Russian connection could flare up. Age wise they fit. Placeholders at worst
Following up on a thought you had posted, assuming that a Tanev trade would net a quality return, it would make sense for the team to sign one of the stay at home type blue liners available on July 1st and move Tanev...

What interest they might have on the players quoted above or any other available UFA's changes depending on that Tanev return....

Take care....
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Anybody else think it's awful nice of McDavid not do demand the cap max salary ($15M per year)?

Over the course of that contract, a $13.25M cap hit is going to look like a damn steal for Edmonton.
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

herb wrote:Anybody else think it's awful nice of McDavid not do demand the cap max salary ($15M per year)?

Over the course of that contract, a $13.25M cap hit is going to look like a damn steal for Edmonton.
Uh...ASphincterSaysWhat? Yeah, no. It's not a deal. He is the best player if not one of the best but that cap hit will cripple a team. Then the Coilers have to get Leon re-signed as well? You're looking at maybe $20 million for 2 players in a world where the cap sits at approximately $75 million. That is going to be a nightmare in the near future and the Coil won't be able to surround their stars with high end talent. I am looking forward to this. That piece of shit franchise can continue to rot :)
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

Hockey Widow wrote:I'd sign both Grigorenko and Yakupov for less than 1 million each on one year deals if I could. See if a Russian connection could flare up. Age wise they fit. Placeholders at worst.
I would love to see this. Big time. Benning needs to think rebuild. These two would be nice low risk gambles/reclamation projects. I hope they kick the tires on Franson and buy-low on him - could be a very nice 3rd pairing guy and he isn't that old.

Benning should also kick the tires on Kulikov (I am guessing he will ask for too much). Winnik might also be a nice, cheap add who has some nice fancy stats to support his acquisition.

I'm expecting the Canucks to land Anders Nilsson on July 1.

I think Yak, Grigorenko and Franson would be great adds - cheap, some talent and easily dumped or sent to AHL if they don't pan out. Stay away from bigger contracts for vets.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Calgary Flames‏@NHLFlames
The #Flames have placed Lance Bouma and Ryan Murphy on unconditional waivers.
Should the Canucks sign Lance Bouma to center the fourth line? A pretty gritty guy who scored 16 goals in 2014/15.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Really have heard about all I can take about this very strong rumor about the Canucks and Del Zotto.
Piss on it! FFS--His attendance record is worse than Tanev's. OOOH, he's got a few more points.
Not even close to being a good plan.........
"evolution"
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Jovocop wrote:
Should the Canucks sign Lance Bouma to center the fourth line? A pretty gritty guy who scored 16 goals in 2014/15.
Ok, it seems like the Canucks are interested. :mrgreen:
Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports
Have been told the #Canucks are showing interest in former Vancouver Giant F Lance Bouma who was bought out by Calgary this morning.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jovocop wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Ok, it seems like the Canucks are interested. :mrgreen:
Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports
Have been told the #Canucks are showing interest in former Vancouver Giant F Lance Bouma who was bought out by Calgary this morning.
Ya, really good year-14/15, then dropped off but we can't expect Dorsette to do all the enforcing so I can see this.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

How's Bouma's injury history? & what's the corsi numbers for MDC.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.