Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It's a bad contract for a 30 point forward who doesn't hit, scores very little and is an average faceoff man.He is the epitome of an average hockey player. If his last name wasn't Sutter he would be paid an average salary.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:It's a bad contract for a 30 point forward who doesn't hit, scores very little and is an average faceoff man.He is the epitome of an average hockey player. If his last name wasn't Sutter he would be paid an average salary.
How many times do we have to go through this? :scowl:

He was used almost exclusively as a shutdown centre yet managed 20 goals with shit wingers.

He's an elite penalty-killer, is a go-to guy in the final minutes, steps up in the playoffs, character, etc...

For his entire career he has played top-6 minutes yet with little PP time

(excluding PP time... his minutes were right up there with Crosby+Malkin.. ES + SH mins only).

He was making $3.3M in Pittsburgh, he'll be making $4.3M here, big whoop.

Everyone knew he was due a raise heading into his UFA years and the Pens were having cap probs.

You're trying to make him out to be an "average" $2.4M guy.

Again.

Just give it up Blubbers, y'sound a might deranged...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol he's the first forward in NHL history to be paid more than 4 million a season never having eclipsed 40 points.

I guess Elmer is a trendsetter.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

How can one constantly moan about Sutters contract but never moaned once about the 4 million plus contracts bought out by the Aquaman - Booths and Ballards, thanks to Mike Gill-eyes bold manoeuvres
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol he's the first forward in NHL history to be paid more than 4 million a season never having eclipsed 40 points.

I guess Elmer is a trendsetter.
Yeah cuz it's all about the number of points scored. Image

You obviously didn't read the post to which you are responding.

Again. :scowl:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:How can one constantly moan about Sutters contract but never moaned once about the 4 million plus contracts bought out by the Aquaman - Booths and Ballards, thanks to Mike Gill-eyes bold manoeuvres
I said they were bad contracts a year after they were acquired. Sutters been here for a year and it's also a bad contract. So is Burrows deal and a couple others here. I could say the same about your refusal to admit the Sbisa and Dosett contracts were putrid.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

You're an evil man Blobert.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote:He's an elite penalty-killer, is a go-to guy in the final minutes, steps up in the playoffs, character, etc...
Enough about Bonino, Doc.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Enough about Bonino, Doc.

BTW as of this moment Bonino is 10th in goal scoring among forwards on the Pens in the playoffs

... not counting empty-net goals (can you say stacked team).
____
Try to focus on someday.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:It's funny the people are saying Lucic is too old for a six year deal at 28. Brandon the Toothpick Sutter got a five year extension for 4.5 million on top of the year he had. He is built like a waif , is soft as butter and gets injured quite a bit ,but 90% of this board thought they was a wonderful contract.
Cuz he is 8 months older, and would have an extra year ( 2 seasons basically) on Sutter's contract, and he just screams "sudden decline", as compared to "age gracefully" to me. A 6 year contract will have us talking about him like we do Burrows in his last 2 or 3 years.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:It's funny the people are saying Lucic is too old for a six year deal at 28. Brandon the Toothpick Sutter got a five year extension for 4.5 million on top of the year he had. He is built like a waif , is soft as butter and gets injured quite a bit ,but 90% of this board thought they was a wonderful contract.
Injured quite a bit? He missed 6 games in 6 years. I still think JB shoulda waited to extend his contract, but up until this season, durability has never been an issue with Sutter.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Tciso wrote:
Cuz he is 8 months older, and would have an extra year ( 2 seasons basically) on Sutter's contract, and he just screams "sudden decline", as compared to "age gracefully" to me. A 6 year contract will have us talking about him like we do Burrows in his last 2 or 3 years.
If the Canucks aren't willing to go 6 years Lucic won't be signing here. Chances are we aren't going to like the deal, but you'd defintely rather give Lucic 6 years than Backes or Ladd 5. Would you rather go 5 years to Eriksson?

None of these guys are spring chickens, and they'll all have multiple suitors.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:How can one constantly moan about Sutters contract but never moaned once about the 4 million plus contracts bought out by the Aquaman - Booths and Ballards, thanks to Mike Gill-eyes bold manoeuvres
I said they were bad contracts a year after they were acquired. Sutters been here for a year and it's also a bad contract. So is Burrows deal and a couple others here. I could say the same about your refusal to admit the Sbisa and Dosett contracts were putrid.
Sbisa and Dorsett's contracts I can understand, but Sutter doesn't even get a chance to play thanks to injuries & you're shitting on him. :scowl:

Dorsett at least is one of the teams relentless workers out there though, playing through pain in all, dudes a pitbull, I'll bet if we get a Lucic, it'll only add to our new found badass grit, may not win every game, but shit man, at least we won't be pushovers, that I can live with, just a team that gives a damn and smashes people.

#signstamkos
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: BTW as of this moment Bonino is 10th in goal scoring among forwards on the Pens in the playoffs
He's also 2nd in SH TOI/G amongst forwards.
3rd in Pts/60.
1st in Primary assists.
2nd in blocked shots (1st amongst forwards).
1st in +/-.
And he's tied with Crosby and Malkin in scoring.
RoyalDude wrote:Bonino phones it in the playoffs
:lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bonino displayed the same heart he is showing now in the playoffs as he did against the Flames last year, exactly. He wore the Canuck jersey with pride.

Anybody and everybody looks good in the Stanley Cup Finals, like Hall of Famer - Nathan Lafayette

Nice try Island Hillbilly
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau