Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

tantalum wrote:Oiler nepotism at it's finest.
Look on the bright side...between Jay Feaster and the Oiler Alumni Management Carousel, the Canucks will always have weak division sisters to fatten up stats on from here to eternity...
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

From my sources:

No truth to the rumour that the Bruins are blowing up the team. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Too soon?
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote:From my sources:

No truth to the rumour that the Bruins are blowing up the team. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Too soon?
:lol: Oh yes you did (although ya might wanna make sure they find all the bombs before you go there)
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ben Bishop extended, 2 years, 4.6 million.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=420842
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Too soon?
I was enjoying afternoon tea.

Does no one else see the irony of Americans in a panic over someone blowing things up in Boston?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Topper wrote:

Too soon?

Does no one else see the irony of Americans in a panic over someone blowing things up in Boston?

LOL

That is as bad as mine
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Too soon?
Not while they're in the sprint to the finish.

(okay, even I'm feeling a little icky after that one)
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Topper wrote:

Too soon?

LOL

That is as bad as mine
It was Patriots Day.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Jason Pomminville took a vicious elbow to the head from Dustin Brown last night.

If the league doesn't suspend Brown for the remainder of the season.....well I won't be surprised, but it will be complete bullshit if they do nothing.

Terrible response from Minnesota though, that was just dirty and nobody even tried to give Brown so much as a face wash.....even the Canucks would have done something like send Lapierre over to piss on his skates or something.

Pomminville is not going for a hit, he's tracking the puck. Brown clearly is NOT bracing for the hit. He clearly throws the elbow.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

That little bounce back to hit an oncoming player is common in the league these days.

Still, leading with your elbow and connecting with said player's head should (and I say should) mean a suspension.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

dbr wrote:That little bounce back to hit an oncoming player is common in the league these days.

Still, leading with your elbow and connecting with said player's head should (and I say should) mean a suspension.
As with Keith, Brown will be suspended for 5 games OR (# of games in a regular season - # of games played), whichever is less. So, I predict a 2 game suspension where Brown gets some late season R&R going into the playoffs.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

My first reaction was that it was a vicious elbow. But after watching it again several times I'm not sure. Yes, for sure he got his elbow up and yes he intended the hit. But another way to see this is that this is a player who knows how to take a hit. Seriously, he knew the hit was coming and did what every NHL player who knows how to take a hit does.

Now he just went too far with the elbow. I guess what I am saying is this is a hockey play that he went to far on, not one of the infamous no hockey play moves Shanny likes to throw out there to justify a suspension. Like in the case of Hansen. It is a play like Keith on Sedin, as Shanny would say, a hockey play with no intention to injure but careless.

So I see a 2 game suspension.

Now knowing how Brown plays the game and how he is a dirty little pecker I know he intended just what happened and it is not the first time, just he has never been suspended before. It is beyond me how he has escaped suspension thus far but he has. Hopefully he gets one now so he can be deemed a repeat offender next time and there will be a next time for him.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Whatever the case... he's on the repeat offenders list. Could come in handy down the road...
2011..... the one that got away.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

2 games. I actually agree with Shanny on this one. Edler did the same thing the other night but didn't get called for elbowing and there was no injury on the play. Brown is a dirty player but I do think it was a hockey play that went wrong and he got his elbow up. Hard to admit but I do agree with this one.

Great part is that Brown now has a "history".
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I can't be the only person who is totally baffled that Erik Karlsson will be back playing tonight...wasn't his achilles tendon nearly totally severed less than 10 weeks ago? Am I totally missing something? Those types of injuries usually take like 6 months to recover from.