Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:39 am Is Hamonic still wearing a cage to protect his face?
:lol:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:20 am Yeah that was a real turning point :roll:
Horvat on Gudbranson's bout:

“I went on the ice with him on that shift and I knew something was going to happen.
For him to answer the bell against a tough guy like that, it’s not an easy contest.
Guddy handled himself with ease, or so it seemed.
It pumped us right up.
:thumbs:

Before guds/or while he was injured we had no one to step up to the tough mofos, & that's real facts.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:57 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:39 am Is Hamonic still wearing a cage to protect his face?
:lol:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:20 am Yeah that was a real turning point :roll:
Horvat on Gudbranson's bout:

“I went on the ice with him on that shift and I knew something was going to happen.
For him to answer the bell against a tough guy like that, it’s not an easy contest.
Guddy handled himself with ease, or so it seemed.
It pumped us right up.
:thumbs:

Before guds/or while he was injured we had no one to step up to the tough mofos, & that's real facts.
This is true. Having someone able to stand in there would be huge for fragile young eggshell minds. In my mind I'm visualizing Virtanens baby face
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I have nothing against Gudbranson the guy. Gudbranson the hockey player is a different matter..... Finally they punted him to the bottom pairing at least.... He can’t handle more than about 15 min against meagre competition or he falls apart

A staged fight against a klown on skates is pretty meh to me. Then again if he avoided the fight he would have been carved so whatever I guess..,, good for him

I just want he and Roussel and a couple others to create a safe work environment for the kids and to this point in the season I don’t think that has happened nearly enough
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:23 pm I just want he and Roussel and a couple others to create a safe work environment for the kids and to this point in the season I don’t think that has happened nearly enough
Did you not watch the game on Sunday? The message was loud and clear from my viewpoint, Bubbles. That's a united front! Bo, Jake, Rouss all challenge Matheson, I could care less if Matheson has had one fight only, don't matter 'don't fuck with Petey' was a message that was sent worldwide last night. What more do you want Blob? You're more miserable than MS, Melvin, Dim Jim, Canafan, Hollywood Burrows, Y2Kanucks combined and like them every post is nothing but sour.

Yoodles, your thoughts?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:38 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:23 pm I just want he and Roussel and a couple others to create a safe work environment for the kids and to this point in the season I don’t think that has happened nearly enough
Did you not watch the game last night? The message was loud and clear from my viewpoint, Bubbles. That's a united front! Bo, Jake, Rouss all challenge Matheson, I could care less if Matheson has had one fight only, don't matter 'don't fuck with Petey' was a message that was sent worldwide last night. What more do you want Blob? You're more miserable than MS, Melvin, Dim Jim, Canafan, Hollywood Burrows, Y2Kanucks combined and like them every post is nothing but sour.

Yoodles, your thoughts?
I don't see how challenging Matheson to a fight is sending a message, especially if it's left to him to decide whether he wants to fight or not.

That's like sending a message to a drunk driver by threatening him with jail time, but leaving the final decision up to him. Yeah.

Someone needed to take a run at Matheson.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Did you not watch the game on Sunday? The message was loud and clear from my viewpoint, Bubbles. That's a united front! Bo, Jake, Rouss all challenge Matheson, I could care less if Matheson has had one fight only, don't matter 'don't fuck with Petey' was a message that was sent worldwide last night. What more do you want Blob? You're more miserable than MS, Melvin, Dim Jim, Canafan, Hollywood Burrows, Y2Kanucks combined and like them every post is nothing but sour.

Yoodles, your thoughts?
Not even worth a response
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

5thhorseman wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:42 pm
Did you not watch the game last night? The message was loud and clear from my viewpoint, Bubbles. That's a united front! Bo, Jake, Rouss all challenge Matheson, I could care less if Matheson has had one fight only, don't matter 'don't fuck with Petey' was a message that was sent worldwide last night. What more do you want Blob? You're more miserable than MS, Melvin, Dim Jim, Canafan, Hollywood Burrows, Y2Kanucks combined and like them every post is nothing but sour.

Yoodles, your thoughts?
I don't see how challenging Matheson to a fight is sending a message, especially if it's left to him to decide whether he wants to fight or not.

That's like sending a message to a drunk driver by threatening him with jail time, but leaving the final decision up to him. Yeah.

Someone needed to take a run at Matheson.
Yeah he’s lost the plot. Doesn’t even bother to counter any points, just whips his dirty diapers around like an infant
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The main point is that Matheson didn't want fuck all in that game, he was basically just baiting people to get penalties, but Haley one of the toughest son's of bitches in the league (has almost 300 fights in resume from junior to nhl) was game, and Erik Gudbranson took him on and won.

onto the next one.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:29 pm The main point is that Matheson didn't want fuck all in that game, he was basically just baiting people to get penalties, but Haley one of the toughest son's of bitches in the league (has almost 300 fights in resume from junior to nhl) was game, and Erik Gudbranson took him on and won.

onto the next one.
SKYO's got his shit right. Can't say the same for the mayhem that was posted prior to this by Coquitlam Mall
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:38 pm Yoodles, your thoughts?
Wtf Im not a tard I purposely handicap myself.
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:36 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:38 pm Yoodles, your thoughts?
Wtf Im not a tard I purposely handicap myself.
Recused
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Ferland would be a nice addition to the Canucks. He would add size, grit and some scoring.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Canes have acquired Nino Niederreiter from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for Victor Rask
The only HW the Canucks need
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

BCExpat wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:46 pm Ferland would be a nice addition to the Canucks. He would add size, grit and some scoring.
Yup, that would be a nice addition indeed!

Loved it back when Mama Ferland told her boy to call off the hit on the Sedins :D
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hank wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:32 pm
BCExpat wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:46 pm Ferland would be a nice addition to the Canucks. He would add size, grit and some scoring.
Yup, that would be a nice addition indeed!

Loved it back when Mama Ferland told her boy to call off the hit on the Sedins :D
I think he’d fit right in riding shotgun on the top line. What is the acquisition cost however? This team has no business trading assets for rentals. He’d have to be extended .... 5-6 million annually I’m thinking.