Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow »

26 year old John Chayka to be named new GM of the Coyotes. He will become, by far, the youngest GM in NHL history. Dave Tippit will stay with the team as head coach and an expanded role in management, whatever that means.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Jäger signs one year deal with Panthers. Terms not known yet. Guesses says he will earn 4 million plus bonuses.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/jar ... -1.3568627
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Boudreau signs with Minny as new head coach.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

All this merry-go-round of recirculating, retread head coaches probably isn't going to help anybody.
Even Mark Crawfords more than likely coming back.
Hell, old Doug Mclean will probably get a job now, "he's done such a bang up job on hockey panels".
New breed needed ne thinks......
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Boucher to coach Ottawa. Crawford begging for a job saying he'd be happy to sign on as an Assistant.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Crawford hired as Assistant Coach in Ottawa.

Gudbranson signs one year 3.50 M contract with Panthers.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

So I wonder, after the seasons over, which GM, if any, will be the first one to throw down an offer sheet at an RFA.
Predictions?????
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Hamonic rescinds his trade request. Now wants to stay with Isles
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Madcombinepilot wrote:Hamonic rescinds his trade request. Now wants to stay with Isles

It's important to remember, with Hamonic, that he never asked for a trade because he wanted to leave the NYI. He also maintained that he loved the team, the city, the fans etc etc etc. But deep personal issues, rumoured to involve serious health issues involving a family member where someone was sick enough to be "dying", were the motivation behind his request. These same personnel issues are now said to be in remission. For this reason he has rescinded his trade request.

It is also speculated that the Oilers and Islanders had a deal in principle and we're going to revisit it once the NYI season was done. Garth Snow broached it recently with Hamonic who then rescinded.

It is funny to read Oiler boards and their complaining about their bad luck and they never get anybody good or FA. How soon they forget all those draft picks and being on the right side of a couple of highly touted college FA signings. But I think Chiarelli was banking on this one to happen. It puts them back to having to compete in the FA market. Must be hard for Pete. First he loses out on Seth Jones, finds out Larson will never re-sign in Edmonton now Hamonic. Too bad Sbisa wasn't a righty :mrgreen:

If PK is really on the block before his NMC kicks in I think Chirelli would and should pay a king's ransome to try and get him. Their 1st and a couple of roster players one of which needs to be either Eberle/Hall/RNH. Maybe 2 1st round picks.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Tue May 10, 2016 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Madcombinepilot wrote:Hamonic rescinds his trade request. Now wants to stay with Isles
Sweet, Chiarelli pissed.

speaking of chia, he spoke yesterday -
On the 4th overall pick

Reid Wilkins and I interviewed Chiarelli after the draft lottery last week and Chiarelli seemed very open to the idea of trading the pick. The same can be said after Chiarelli’s interview with Bob Stauffer.

“I’ve had four or five teams call me already,” says Chiarelli. “I’ve made it known that we will look to trade down if the right deal is there.

Chiarelli also talked glowingly about forwards Matthew Tkachuk and Pierre-Luc Dubois.

“I’ve seen Tkachuk play maybe 10 or 11 times,” says Chiarelli. “He’s just a cerebral player and a gritty heavy player. He’s so smart and he’s always around the net. He would be a really good fit.”

“Pierre same thing, big and strong,” says Chiarelli. “He’s your prototypical power forward that can play centre and wing. He can really shoot the puck.”
They could very well trade down and take Logan Brown
If the Oilers trade down I would imagine it’s because they really like Logan Brown. Chiarelli has mentioned Brown in both interviews on 630 CHED.
Spoke about Caggiula, many don't like his small size, but he has intangibles.

http://www.630ched.com/2016/05/09/blog- ... ff-season/
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Chicago could look to move Crawford and Shaw in their annual we have to massage the cap and replenish the cupboards ritual. Crawford has a modified NTC and has to provide a list of 8-10 teams he would go to. Shaw has to be qualified at $2 million.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Logan Brown is someone Benning has talked highly about. Loves his size and aggressive play but said he is several years away developmentally to making an impact in the NHL. Said he and his scouts really like him but at that time they still had to have their meetings to see where they ultimately rank him. I sensed he was a player they could target if they got a pick in the 18-23 range or if he falls to the second round, but not someone they would entertain at 5.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

If PK gets traded to EDM does he get to bring his atrium?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:Logan Brown is someone Benning has talked highly about. Loves his size and aggressive play but said he is several years away developmentally to making an impact in the NHL. Said he and his scouts really like him but at that time they still had to have their meetings to see where they ultimately rank him. I sensed he was a player they could target if they got a pick in the 18-23 range or if he falls to the second round, but not someone they would entertain at 5.
Logan Brown won't last till pick 11 let alone pick 18 - 23.

The Canucks lap dog I Mac was on the TEAM today while I was driving. He seems to think that if Dubois is gone , they Ignitowski will trade down because a player like Tkachuk is not their biggest need. This could be a Brian Burke - Gary Mason hand puppet relationship between manager and writer where the team floats big greasy air balloons out there to see how the fans react. I for one would be pissed if they end up with Juolevi and some b level prospect or bottom tier young player instead of Keith's boy.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya it's going to be interesting to see what Benning does for sure. I'd be fine if he traded down but got a top line player. I just don't think it happens. But I'd hate like hell to get another tweener.