Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The way I'm seeing it...it wont be very long before EP will be the best of that draft class. Its really only Hirshier who may be better right now but thats not going to be for long
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:08 am 0 goals 0 assists in 4 games, minus 5, and now on IR 7-10 days with UBI. Are you picking Nolan Patrick over Elias Pettersson?
Olaf has 1 assist and is -6 in the AHL. Are you still picking him 5Th overall in 2016?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:13 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:08 am 0 goals 0 assists in 4 games, minus 5, and now on IR 7-10 days with UBI. Are you picking Nolan Patrick over Elias Pettersson?
Olaf has 1 assist and is -6 in the AHL. Are you still picking him 5Th overall in 2016?
Patrick is a 1st overall pick. He could be worst than Yakupov!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:57 am
Patrick is a 1st overall pick. He could be worst than Yakupov!
Wasnt he a 2nd OA?

Lol yup.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

He was hyped by the Canadian hockey media to be selected 1st until Hischier made a mess of him. As it looks now Patrick should have been drafted 22nd or 32nd instead of 2nd. He’s a bum.

Makar is the only hope for star potential for Canada in the 2017 draft class
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is McDavid the type of star player that makes his team better, or is he a Pavel Bure individualist?

Gotta tell ya, if I had my choice between Matthews and McDavid I’m picking Matthews if I want to build a championship team.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I heard this debate on the edmonton sports talk the day before yesterday with experts wading in.

The consensus from the hockey world is that Matthews is elite like Benn or Stamkos good but McDavid is generational lile Lemieux Crosby Gretzky or Orr.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Are you really comparing points between a forward and defenseman?
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Boeser has one goal and is -7.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ESQ wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:47 pm
Boeser has one goal and is -7.
We all know that’ll change..... bigly
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

So will the stats of the Utica Comet players if Richard Bachman isn't the starter (due to Demko's injury) and playing like shit.

Canuck players also look better and have better stats if they keep getting performances like Nilsson's instead of Markstrom's.

Hell, for all we know it could be Chatfield dragging everyone down. Butt let's just take one example and keep poking to try to make a point.

We could all be honest about Bo's defensive acumen, terrible PK abilities, Junior A bull rushes and average playmaking and passing. Doesn't mean he isn't a good and valuable player.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jovocop wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:18 pm
Nope... but are you picking Olaf ahead of Sergachev, Chychrun or MacAvoy?

They are all d men Einstein
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:35 pm

Hmm, let me see. You are pissed I called you out for comparing a defenseman to a forward. Instead you switched and talked about other defensemen. Let me ask you a question, would you pick Patrick ahead of Pettersson and Boeser? They are all forwards as well, Mr. Whoever you think you are!
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

the guy that shoulda been picked from LONDON would be playing on a line with Pettersson woulda introduced himself to Matheson in a fashion either legally or illegally and either way I woulda been happy with that going forward that a linemate riding shotgun has his back...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jovocop wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:58 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:35 pm

Hmm, let me see. You are pissed I called you out for comparing a defenseman to a forward. Instead you switched and talked about other defensemen. Let me ask you a question, would you pick Patrick ahead of Pettersson and Boeser? They are all forwards as well, Mr. Whoever you think you are!
You called out fuck all. Show me where I compared Olaf to a forward