Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Tciso »

Hockey Widow wrote:Frank Corrado files for arbitration. Really? I mean really Frankie.
Guys will do anything to get out of The Big Suck.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

MayRay took a bit of a hiarcut. $675,000 on a 2 way contract with Anaheim.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Hockey Widow wrote:Frank Corrado files for arbitration. Really? I mean really Frankie.
Must be some kind of tactic. Maybe he hopes the leaves walk away from the decision and he becomes a UFA?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Tciso wrote:MayRay took a bit of a hiarcut. $675,000 on a 2 way contract with Anaheim.
Did you know that there were 4 inseparable best friends on the Canucks back in THE DAY.
Kevin, Ryan, Mayson and, well, he's still here!
Time to reunite?
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote:
Tciso wrote: MayRay took a bit of a hiarcut. $675,000 on a 2 way contract with Anaheim.
best friends on the Canucks back in THE DAY.
Yeah I think that's why Topper posted this pic the other day:

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 74#p262074

I've posted before that Burrows should go there.

Get the band back together and $3M real dollars for Burr on a budget team.

Well okay, we'll retain a little...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Evander Kane to face non-criminal harassment charges after the latest incident. He is currently in Canada and arrangements are being made for him to return to Buffalo to be formally charged.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/evander-ka ... 58675.html
The only HW the Canucks need
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Aaaaand his stock just dropped even more.

Well done Evander, well done.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

BladesofSteel wrote:Aaaaand his stock just dropped even more.

Well done Evander, well done.
It's a long summer - we just might able to afford him by September. ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Tim Murray is like fuck it, kaner belongs back in vancouver close to his fam' to get his act together.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Risky! Seems to be a bigger problem than just booze..
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Apparently his family, some close friends and advisors (assuming agent and lawyer) are trying to convince him he needs help. Also, apparently, this is not a matter of substance abuse. He simply can't hold his liquor but is not described as having a substance abuse problem per se. His issues stem more from poor impulse control and anger issues, when fuelled by alcohol get volitile. He's a cheap drunk, doesn't take much to set him off.

He is, allegedly, resistant to the notion that there is anything wrong with him or his behaviour.

That and being described as a selfish, obnoxious, arrogant little prick! :mrgreen:

Sounds like he hasn't grown up and has some interpersonal work to do more than anything. Not the first time he has been accused of being rough with women.

Too bad really. A great young talent that could end up with a short career.

As far as coming to Vancouver, yes, the Canucks still have interest. They believe being back in Vancouver, closer to his family, who he is very close to, would be good for him. They also believe they have the necessary tools/personnel to help him.

With Benning, although the video clip re the Seguin trade shows him supporting the trade to Dallas, he favoured the Chicago approach in handling P. Kane. Believes you protect and surround your young star players with the appropriate players to help keep them out of trouble. Chicago has gone the extra step this year be getting P. Kane to agree to stay in Chicago this off season. The Canucks believe a similar approach to E. Kane could work for him here in Vancouver.

Having said that, I do not believe there is anything imminent on that trade front. Canucks have had discussions but Murray wasn't happy with the return and wanted to see how this latest incident played out. So while it is not out of the realm of possibilities that Kane ends up here I have not heard that a trade for him is in an active stage, whatever that means I guess.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

More dirty public Kane laundry.

Wash your hands of this mess.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote: With Benning, although the video clip re the Seguin trade shows him supporting the trade to Dallas, he favoured the Chicago approach in handling P. Kane. Believes you protect and surround your young star players with the appropriate players to help keep them out of trouble. Chicago has gone the extra step this year be getting P. Kane to agree to stay in Chicago this off season. The Canucks believe a similar approach to E. Kane could work for him here in Vancouver.
This reminded me that Peter Chiarelli has now traded the 1st and 2nd overall picks from the 2010 draft for underwhelming returns.

That's pretty funny, Nonis and Gillis might actually have better track records. :lol:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Apparently his family, some close friends and advisors (assuming agent and lawyer) are trying to convince him he needs help.

His issues stem more from poor impulse control and anger issues, when fuelled by alcohol get volitile. He's a cheap drunk, doesn't take much to set him off.

Sounds like he hasn't grown up and has some interpersonal work to do more than anything. Not the first time he has been accused of being rough with women.

As far as coming to Vancouver, yes, the Canucks still have interest.

Having said that, I do not believe there is anything imminent on that trade front. Canucks have had discussions but Murray wasn't happy with the return and wanted to see how this latest incident played out. So while it is not out of the realm of possibilities that Kane ends up here I have not heard that a trade for him is in an active stage, whatever that means I guess.
I'm guessing everyone is waiting for the dominoes to fall first, Kris Russell, teams trying to move cap to sign him.
Shattenkirk, Fowler, the avalanche, lots of things in a holding pattern till something gives.

As for Kane, seems you're right hw, he's a lil' prick, not a consummate team guy, bit of a loner, likes personal and team success.
Don’t be confused, though. Kane understands that team success furthers personal success. If you know him at all, you get that missing the playoffs for all those years in Atlanta and Winnipeg irks him beyond belief.

He wants to be memorable. He craves the spotlight. He’s not going to host his team’s Super Bowl viewing party, he’s not going to remember all his teammates’ wives’ names. But he will demand to take that penalty shot with one second remaining in a tie game, and he’s probably going to score.

What’s more, Kane’s willing to do the work to get there.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Under ... story.html
Lots of potential there, but you wonder if a 24 almost 25 year old can hit a "rock bottom" so to speak and get it through his skull that if he wants to stay in the league, he's gonna have to change his ways, as this isn't baseball or boxing (floyd mayweather) where you just have to be good on your own, you gotta play a team game here in the NHL.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:More dirty public Kane laundry.

Wash your hands of this mess.
Ahh but coming home to Vancouver may stem the Tide

... to our Gain.
____
Try to focus on someday.