Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

double post
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Boi ole Boi, Bubbles...Doc just gave you the EPIC Peoples Elbow. ROCK BOTTOM!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:01 pm Boi ole Boi, Bubbles...Doc just gave you the EPIC Peoples Elbow. ROCK BOTTOM!
Relevance?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:50 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:47 am
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:32 am Seabrook is only 32, he's not Sedin old, but I'm not surprised he's sucking large. A very overrated player given a ridiculous contract. I remember Bubbles saying he wouldn't mind trading for Seabrook not too long ago.
I’d trade Eriksson and Sutter for him
I don't like to say "I told you so"... but the Seabrook contract was beyond grotesque from the moment it was signed.

You loved it, I despised it:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9706&p=240117&hilit ... ok#p240117

Eventually you realized I was right, here you are comparing Eriksson's/Seabrook's contracts 8 months ago:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 7:08 am Seabrook is signed till he's 39. No thanks, it's two years too long. At least Erikssons contract is structured so that he can beat it in 3-4 years. It's a bad contract but Seabrook's deal is far more damaging long term.
And now you're wrong about Sutter's contract.

It's difficult to get an impending-UFA elite defensive centre to sign up for a rebuild.

Lord Benning did very well here.
Who cares ?All of those contracts are all kinds of bad, Sutters is bad while Eriksson, Ladd and Seabrook are all horrendous. Anyone thinking otherwise is either an idiot or a troll.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:11 pm Who cares ?
Just saying you should listen to yours truly over your own internal voice.

Seabrook's contract was one of the worst contracts in the history of the NHL.

From. The. Moment. It. Was. Signed.

It's cray to suggest trading for that contract.

And you should listen to yours truly about Brandon Sutter and his contract.

That is all for now good buddy...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Matt Johnson likes to party.
Johnson was arrested after allegedly causing $1,900 worth of damage to a Denny’s restaurant early in the morning on Dec. 31.

“He went in there, knocked over a Christmas tree, and broke one of the restaurant windows..Then he walked to a nearby Mobil gas station and allegedly stole a cup of coffee and cigarettes.”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:20 pm Matt Johnson likes to party.
It's worse than that Nucklehead, Matt Johnson is mentally ill and homeless:

http://longform.tsn.ca/searching-for-matt-johnson

It's a sad story...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What's the deal with Jonathon Drouin. The great player still floundering on the launch pad. How much more time do we give him until we call him ALexandre Daigle? I don't know who is worse, Nuckles boi - Chiarelli or Bergevin. Tell you what though, that dufus GM in Ottawa ain't much better,
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Drought is struggling a bit but so is the whole team. They are trying to make him play centre when he plays better on the wing. He’s still got a ton of talent but I wonder how much pressure there is playing in Montreal being a French Canadian Kid. Claude Julien hasn’t been the answer there at all. Hopefully they don’t fire Bergeron and swoop in on the AGM of the Lightning Brisebois.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:29 am Drought is struggling a bit but so is the whole team. They are trying to make him play centre when he plays better on the wing. He’s still got a ton of talent but I wonder how much pressure there is playing in Montreal being a French Canadian Kid. Claude Julien hasn’t been the answer there at all. Hopefully they don’t fire Bergeron and swoop in on the AGM of the Lightning Brisebois.
Why is Brisebios making your favourite GM Yzerman look good? Stevie would be shite without him?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:38 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:29 am Drought is struggling a bit but so is the whole team. They are trying to make him play centre when he plays better on the wing. He’s still got a ton of talent but I wonder how much pressure there is playing in Montreal being a French Canadian Kid. Claude Julien hasn’t been the answer there at all. Hopefully they don’t fire Bergeron and swoop in on the AGM of the Lightning Brisebois.
Why is Brisebios making your favourite GM Yzerman look good? Stevie would be shite without him?
Stevie is a smart man. I’m thinking Brisebois or Paul Fenton would look good here when Elmer gets the hook.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:45 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:38 am
Stevie is a smart man. I’m thinking Brisebois or Paul Fenton would look good here when Elmer gets the hook.
ya sure did fool me
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Teams are inquiring about that Bust Sam Reinhart. Buyer beware, the downward trajectory, Sambo is on will take him to Griffin Country, the two can chill along side Garrison and his massive retirement monies and wait til that other BC bum Andrew Ladd joins them with his Trillions.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Barzal with a 5 point game today and Beauvellier with a 3 point game! Boi ole Boi Chiarelli and Sweeney...Boi ole Boi.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:12 pm Barzal with a 5 point game today and Beauvellier with a 3 point game!
Me and Rosie Rottencrotch are going steady these days