Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Bonino has 32 points in 52 career playoff games. Sutter has 12 points in 33 career playoff games.

But Sutter is the clutch player. :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nick Bonino - 1.9 million
Brandon Sutter - 4.4 million. LOL
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Strangelove wrote: BTW as of this moment Bonino is 10th in goal scoring among forwards on the Pens in the playoffs
He's also 2nd in SH TOI/G amongst forwards.
3rd in Pts/60.
1st in Primary assists.
2nd in blocked shots (1st amongst forwards).
1st in +/-.
And he's tied with Crosby and Malkin in scoring.
RoyalDude wrote:Bonino phones it in the playoffs
:lol:
Yup. If I had my druthers, Bonino would still be here and Sbisa would be gone if I had to choose one of the,
"Thank-you, very much, Kesler, you prick, guys!
Honestly though, I would have liked to see Bonino on this up and coming new team of ours... :scowl:
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bonino was a warrior against the Flames. Beast Mode. A great example in the Canuck room. He never phones it in, heart is always in it as like we saw against the Flames. I miss that big time
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I don't know of a luckier player than Bonino.

From playing in the playoffs in Anaheim with Getzlaf and Perry

to playing with Crosby, Malkin and playoff MVP Kessel, Bones the Bozak of the squad.

The Bmo of Nas/Bert.

In Vancouver Bonino had Burrows and Higgins, ffs that was an atrocious 2nd line. Bones needs superstar players to be effective, he sure as fuck wasn't gonna get that here compared to the Penguins and Ducks.

And without megastar wingers behind the Sedins, Sutter is just a better fit, as he has a better toolbox than Bones, more speed and can carry a 2nd better than Bones can.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Bonino has 32 points in 52 career playoff games. Sutter has 12 points in 33 career playoff games.

Yeah brings to mind paying Raymond 2.5 for 8 measly points during the Cup run and non-playoff impact :roll:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Arachnid wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Bonino has 32 points in 52 career playoff games. Sutter has 12 points in 33 career playoff games.

Yeah brings to mind paying Raymond 2.5 for 8 measly points during the Cup run and non-playoff impact :roll:
Don't really have a problem with Sutter, yet, but haven't seen enough of him here and 4.4 is a lot if he's just going to be what he was in Pittsburg. If he grows a mean streak and can take charge of his own line, great.
However in his tenure in Pittsburg, he was rather surrounded with super stars too.
Nick wasn't so bad. Admit he could have brought it more often in the regular season but he aint as bad, in that regard, as Sbisa... :hmmm:
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I was so done with Bonino when he was here. As a second line centre our lack of depth showed. As a third line centre on an otherwise stacked team he looks like a superman.

But if all you want to compare is contracts......
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:I was so done with Bonino when he was here. As a second line centre our lack of depth showed. As a third line centre on an otherwise stacked team he looks like a superman.

Bonino's a solid distributor, far better at using his line mates than Sutter. He won't anchor a line, but he's effective when you put him with good players. He was a .5PPG player here, regular season and playoffs. We were spoiled with those years of Kesler anchoring the 2nd line, but I'm not sure what people expected out of Bonino when he was here. He's been a better 3rd line C in Pittsburgh than Sutter was. Bonino is the more productive player and obviously picks up his game come playoff time and even playing with defensively questionable players like Kessel he's not a liability defensively. The contract just makes it all the more obvious that Pittsburgh smashed that deal out of the park.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I was so done with Bonino when he was here. As a second line centre our lack of depth showed. As a third line centre on an otherwise stacked team he looks like a superman.

Bonino's a solid distributor, far better at using his line mates than Sutter. He won't anchor a line, but he's effective when you put him with good players. He was a .5PPG player here, regular season and playoffs. We were spoiled with those years of Kesler anchoring the 2nd line, but I'm not sure what people expected out of Bonino when he was here. He's been a better 3rd line C in Pittsburgh than Sutter was. Bonino is the more productive player and obviously picks up his game come playoff time and even playing with defensively questionable players like Kessel he's not a liability defensively. The contract just makes it all the more obvious that Pittsburgh smashed that deal out of the park.
I do not get how you write off Sutter given the year he had with injuries. Give it a fucking rest already. For fuck sake, some of you argue these fucking points till the paint comes off. Get a life or come up with less predictable topics. Shit. I do not even have to look to see who is the source of half this thread. Same old song every fucking time. Shut up all of you predictable pricks. Benning has more hockey sense than all of us put together but he ain't God. Everyone makes mistakes. Check out your mothers for having some of you.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

damonberryman wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

I do not get how you write off Sutter given the year he had with injuries. Give it a fucking rest already. For fuck sake, some of you argue these fucking points till the paint comes off. Get a life or come up with less predictable topics. Shit. I do not even have to look to see who is the source of half this thread. Same old song every fucking time. Shut up all of you predictable pricks. Benning has more hockey sense than all of us put together but he ain't God. Everyone makes mistakes. Check out your mothers for having some of you.
U mad?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote:

Bonino's a solid distributor, far better at using his line mates than Sutter. He won't anchor a line, but he's effective when you put him with good players.

Bonino is the more productive player and obviously picks up his game come playoff time and even playing with defensively questionable players like Kessel he's not a liability defensively.

The contract just makes it all the more obvious that Pittsburgh smashed that deal out of the park.
Bonino is "effective when you put him with good players" well no fucking shit IN.

Christ, and those "good" players just happen to be NHL all-stars as I nicely pointed out above.

Pens made a great trade contractually, yup no denying that, and they'll have #13 for $2M per next season before Bonino makes $4M - $4.5M per next offseason as a UFA, where the Pens will once again have to keep trading for cheap contracts to shore up behind their HHOF's/superstars Crosby, Malkin and now Kessel.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Sutter as a poor distributor is a valid point, and a good one, so to switch subjects,
to help Sutter and his lack of passing skills, I suggest putting Granlund on his line as a RW, as Granlund seems to be good at swarming around the net getting scoring chances, he'd help in offensively in this regard.

Especially if we get Lucic, he and Sutter can create havoc around the net/boards with Granlund being the puck handler.

This allows JB to get a true 4th line C, a traditional solid checking/faceoffs center guy.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

damonberryman wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

Damon - let it go, no worries, some here post for shits and giggles, others post because they have no life or identity and come here and can be king of the cyber hill.

But it is a message board and it is summer and with nothing else going on boys will be boys.

I do agree that most threads are derailed by the same small minority of 4 - 6 posters who goes on and on about the same thing in every thread.

Come on HW, you must have more information to provide? Give us something to talk about other than GM so and so sucks and this centre is better than that centre.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

damonberryman wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

Shut the fuck up or I'll get that midget Liar dickey00L to come over to your house and punch you in the face :evil:

Just kidding :D Yeah, what Reef said, try to breathe and bare it until the 24th and all is good. An annual CC event to cull the heard of dumbasses 'Hi' Mickey :D ).
Then from July 1st on we will have some shit to discuss (or go on vacation like normal people :eh: )...right now it's the...Danger Zone!

IN & Blob
Last edited by Arachnid on Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead singing Bonino's praises with Glee, like he's known all along. If he loves him so much then he must've loved the Kesler trade! Mr "I Told You So", Mr "Hindsight", Mr. "Afterthefact". I can only imagine IN littering these boards admitting his poor judgement in Bonino had he not been phoning it in like last years playoffs. These are the kind of dudes Blobby Mac rolls with - Island Hillbilly - "Mr "Known All Along"
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau