Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Why would you even say that since you don't know me? Do you assume that everyone here hates the leaves or wish for them to fail? Why is it that when someone offers constructive criticism or an honest assessment or opinion you automatically go on the attack?
Well fans of the Leaves tend to have persecution complexes.

Probably because they're all morons. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:leaves won't be making the playoffs in 13-14. Last season was a fluke. Reimer played over his head and then came back to earth in the playoffs. Team is thin at centre, hanging their hat on Bernier who has no pedigree at this level and they gave David Clarkson a 40 point guy at best the worst contract in the NHL. Don't change Nonis! You fat chunk of shit.
$2.9m to Bernier who has played 62 NHL games total in 5 seasons.

$5.2m (x 7 years!) to 29-year-old Clarkson with a career average of .4 points per game.

$3.4m to injury-prone 3rd-liner Bolland (who is only good in the playoffs... which they won't make).

$4.2m (x 5 years) to 57-total-goals-as-a-pro-at-age-27 Bozak.

$3.9m x 3 years still left on contract of washed-up-since-2nd-concussion Liles (shoulda bought him out).

.... and he wonders why he doesn't have any depth or enough cap-space to sign Kadri + Franson!!! Image

Well at least One Nut Phil will do them the honour of signing @ $8m x 8 now that his buddy Bozo is set.

Nonis is a disciple of Brian Burke y'say? :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote: Decent? Then why was it second best in the entire NHL?
You haven't been listening.

Goaltending. :mex:
Oh I've been listening it's just an opinion that is wrong. You believe Reimer had some out-of-nowhere fluke season, when in fact he had the same season as a rookie two years ago. Two of his first 3 NHL seasons have sen him post over .920 save% He's a very good young goalie.

And Bernier had great numbers himself last season and is an improvement over Scrivens.

Last season:
James Reimer 33 76 2.46 995 .924 4
Jonathan Bernier 14 24 1.88 306 .922 1

And their both only 25 years-old. The leaves are set for years in net with two of the better young goalies in the NHL.
Last edited by BigTuna on Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Hockey Widow wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Interesting that they didn't use the compliance buyout on JML and the regular buy out on Komisarek. Would have given them a few more bucks and Komisarek had only one year left.

I do think Bernier gives them the "potential" to have very solid goaltending but so much will depend upon them being a better team defensively overall.

If last season was a full 82 game schedule I still don't think they would have made the playoffs though. They will miss Garbo's production.
Grabo was very bad last season. They made the playoffs without his help. This is wishful-thinking on your part.

Why would you even say that since you don't know me? Do you assume that everyone here hates the leaves or wish for them to fail? Why is it that when someone offers constructive criticism or an honest assessment or opinion you automatically go on the attack? Fine, tell me you don't agree with my opinion but don't analyze why I came to that conclusion by being so dismissive. Awful lot like RD.....hmmmm.

It wouldn't be so bad if you knew the facts but your revisionist history is very telling.
Do tell.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:leaves won't be making the playoffs in 13-14. Last season was a fluke. Reimer played over his head and then came back to earth in the playoffs. Team is thin at centre, hanging their hat on Bernier who has no pedigree at this level and they gave David Clarkson a 40 point guy at best the worst contract in the NHL. Don't change Nonis! You fat chunk of shit.
Not even close. Horton got more money in Columbus and he's barely going to play this season.

And Reimer played over his head...his numbers were the same as his rookie season. Lol. The leaves are an up-and-coming powerhouse in the East.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BigTuna wrote:
The leaves are an up-and-coming powerhouse in the East.
No they aren't.

Thin at centre, unproven goaltending and some boat anchor contracts. A bubble playoff team if everything breaks right and a few other teams are decimated by injuries. Their prospect pool is also pretty fucking mediocre for where they have drafted recently. That said when you give away two high picks for a soft, one balled player with yellow teeth ....... :lol: :lol: that could be why other than Morgan Reilley, Jake Gardiner and the busbomber there isn't a hell of a lot there as far as good kids are concerned.

How bad will that trade look (and it looks shitty right now) when Kessel bails in the summer to a better team ? Knowing Nonis he'll throw a Crosby type contract at Kessel out of desperation.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
The leaves are an up-and-coming powerhouse in the East.
No they aren't.

Thin at centre, unproven goaltending and some boat anchor contracts. A bubble playoff team if everything breaks right and a few other teams are decimated by injuries. Their prospect pool is also pretty fucking mediocre for where they have drafted recently. That said when you give away two high picks for a soft, one balled player with yellow teeth ....... :lol: :lol: that could be why other than Morgan Reilley, Jake Gardiner and the busbomber there isn't a hell of a lot there as far as good kids are concerned.

How bad will that trade look (and it looks shitty right now) when Kessel bails in the summer to a better team ? Knowing Nonis he'll throw a Crosby type contract at Kessel out of desperation.
LOL@ unproven goaltending. They already had very good proven goaltending last season.

And in what world does the Kessel trade look shitty? 4 years after the trade he's by far the best player in the trade. Seguin was so bad and such a cancer he was already traded by Boston and given up on.

Keep with the fantasy Kessel is leaving. It's not happening. The most money is in Toronto to sign. He won't turn it down.

And the leaves are a good young team now, why do they need more than Gardiner, Kadri and Rielly (and they do have much more, those are only the names you know).

Last season was the start of the leaves being a contender in the East. They'll only get better.

And what bad contracts do they have? Clarkson? Hardly a worry. The cap is going up and they're rich and can spend to it.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Oh I've been listening it's just an opinion that is wrong. You believe Reimer had some out-of-nowhere fluke season, when in fact he had the same season as a rookie two years ago. Two of his first 3 NHL seasons have sen him post over .920 save% He's a very good young goalie.
Apparently the Leaf brain trust doesn't share your enthusiasm in regards to Reimer.

Deadline overtures to Kipper and Lou.

Off-season over-payment for unproven Bernier.

The leaves will suck this year... and you'll disappear.

We've seen this act before. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote:The leaves are an up-and-coming powerhouse in the East.
Image Image Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote: Oh I've been listening it's just an opinion that is wrong. You believe Reimer had some out-of-nowhere fluke season, when in fact he had the same season as a rookie two years ago. Two of his first 3 NHL seasons have sen him post over .920 save% He's a very good young goalie.
Apparently the Leaf brain trust doesn't share your enthusiasm in regards to Reimer.

Deadline overtures to Kipper and Lou.

Off-season over-payment for unproven Bernier.

The leaves will suck this year... and you'll disappear.

We've seen this act before. :mrgreen:

Funny, prior to the trade everyone said Bernier would fetch much more in a trade.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote:
Image Image Image
Kessel, Phaneuf, Lupul, Gardiner. Reimer, Bernier, JVR, Kadri says you're wrong.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: what bad contracts do they have?
viewtopic.php?p=180134#p180134
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Image Image Image
Kessel, Phaneuf, Lupul, Gardiner. Reimer, Bernier, JVR, Kadri says you're wrong.
Like I keep saying, lack of depth (due to overpaying certain players) will be their downfall. Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Funny, prior to the trade everyone said Bernier would fetch much more in a trade.
Tarbender, I'll have what he's having! :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote:
Like I keep saying, lack of depth (due to overpaying certain players) will be their downfall. Image
I see no lack of depth. I see the best depth @ wing in the entire NHL.